South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-29-2009, 06:12 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Mmm Monday Mutters and Murmurs in a Mumu

Sorry! Just can't help myself.

Cottage arrived safe and sound yesterday and made good time. her magic GPS got her here with nary a glitch. The dogs absolutely adore her and Jazz has finally found someone who lets him sit in a lap for a long time. WE did a bit of a village tour and managed to get invited into a friend's cottage down on the lake for a glass of wine. Dinner, lots of chatter and a late-ish bed for us both. We di9d have wine with dinner last night but were pretty good foodwise - eggplant parmigiana and roasted asparagus plus strawberry shortcake.

Today is Tackle Tofu day as I'm going to force Cottage to do a tofu stir-fry for dinner. It may be a Bob's Diner lunch after we tackle sorting the school artwork over at the Fair Hall. It's rainy so we won't be gardening or picking berries and my raised bed won't be built today.

We're bopping along and having fun and yes, we are talking about you all! Do your ears burn?

Have a marvy Monday and sorry about the title.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:23 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Now I'm imagining the two of you sitting on the porch drinking wine in your mumus. There's a picture. I'm happy to hear Cottage made the drive without incident. In Vermont using a GPS can be dicey, especially in winter. For some reason people pay more attention to the little computer than to the cow path in front of them!

Just another in the ongoing series of rainy Mondays here. I'm in the office all day. Then it's yoga tonight. I was invited to girls night out tonight but I need yoga more. Yesterday was a crazy food day. Nothing off plan just steady eating all day long. I'm sure it was part TOM and part who knows. Today I'm right back on track though.

Is it a 4 day week for most of those in the US? We have Friday off but I'm never sure what the standard is for Saturday holidays. Hope it's a short week where you are, or feels like a short week! And if anyone sees the sun could you send some our way. we really miss it up here
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:24 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ruth and Cottage, hope you have a lot of fun today!!!!! Sounds like a fun evening last night! Please send the rain this way....we've had none for a month. Lost several plants when out of town last week...somehow the weeds survived and flourished!

Nothing on my plate today except for the gym this morning and then sitting at the dentist's office while they see what they have to do to replace my son's tooth. ouch.

Morning, Cyndi! We were posting at the same time. Have fun at yoga and stay dry! For some reason I ate all day long yesterday too. Think I'll do a phase one for a few days. I was pretty good on vacation, but did have a "bite of no-no's" here and there.

Last edited by femmecreole; 06-29-2009 at 06:26 AM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:26 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Cat - I've missed you in the mornings. I would love to send you some of this rain. I've become a slug farmer this year. Hope all goes smoothly for your son.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:58 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Glad to hear from all of you so bright and early.

Ruth and Cottage, have a great day and enjoy your tofu tonight. I love tofu! It goes way back to my days in Hong Kong.

Cyndi, I have yoga at the pool this morning. It's a great way to start the week even if you have to wait until tonight.

Cat, hope you get a great workout. It sure sounds better than the dentist-even if all you do is sit.

Me, I have a long list of things I want to get done. I slept in a bit today, and DH got up with me. He watched some geology program last night that he can't quit talking about. I'm trying to be interested, but it's cluttering my brain. Mother is coming over today. We're driving to my Grandmothers homestead on Wednesday, so I'm off to get everything in order.

Hi, to all of you yet to visit. Have a great day and healthy food!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, Friends!

Ruth, I can't wait to hear what you think about the tofu stir fry. I've only had tofu in hot & sour soup.

Cyndi, We have a 4 day week, but I'm also taking Thursday off. 3 day week!!! Hooray!

Femme, I hope we aren't going into a draught again. Three years ago, we were down by about 23 inches of rain. It was horrid. Close to Marshall Law regarding water usage.

Lexxiss, Did your hubby watch "Impact"? It was a 2 part mini-series. It was about an astriod hitting the moon and throwing it off it's orbit so it was on a collision course with earth. It was a good movie.

Me, Only three more 'sleeps' till vacation! I'm so excited! My parents got an above ground pool, so Auston is very excited, too. Mom has already sent out the announcement "Seafood Gumbo Thursday Night!" Love it!

My niece is getting the staples out of her ankle today -- 15-20 on each side -- and getting her permanent cast. She's been pretty resilient through this whole mess and wants to ride a horse NOW! Since she can't do anything particularly fun, she's taking summer school. At 15, I would have cried big tears! But, she's a trouper.

Hope you all have a great day. Here's wishing us ALL rain...

Last edited by Chelby29; 06-29-2009 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Can't spell!
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:34 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Imagining either of you in a mumu is quite a task, Ruth and Cottage! So glad you're having so much fun! Enjoy! I love tofu--hope you both enjoy it!

Cyndi, I hear you on needing yoga and on the slugs too. I've only seen one, but I have seen three snails! Out here, they are SO rare...I had only seen one here in my previous 10 years, now I've seen three in a month!

Femme, I'm jumping on P1 for a couple days, too, after indulging this weekend at our anniversary dinner. We celebrated 10 years, so DH convinced me to go off plan. Hope your plants survive!

Debbie, do you do yoga in the water or just next to the pool? Either way, sounds delish!

Wow, Chelby, your poor niece! That sounds awful! Bless her heart for being such a trooper. Enjoy your vacation!

Me:
Like many of you, I have a short week. We're off to visit my parents for the fourth and the week after. Should be a lot of fun! An old friend who I haven't seen in years is coming to visit us the weekend after we get back, and DH has two business trips in the week in between, so there's a lot of cleaning to do around the house this week. We'll see how much gets done...

We had a fun weekend, celebrating our anniversary and friends' kids' graduations. We spent most of yesterday at our parish festival, where we won several raffles (DH is excited at his gift cert for the local meat market and I'm thrilled at $50 in gift certs to book stores!) and helped out in the ice cream tent. I have a new appreciation for the people who scoop ice cream for a living. Holy ! It's REALLY hard work. I pushed some nerve against the metal part of the scooper when scooping, and after an hour, my index finger was numb and tingly...it's still like that this morning! I hope I didn't do any permanent damage.

Hope everyone has a great day! We're supposed to get rain all week, so I may not be able to ride my bike. The forecast for today said the T-storms could start at 1 and I work until 2, so I didn't chance it.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:02 AM   #8  

It's supposed to be a cool 98 today after hitting 103 the last two days. I just talked to Don and found out that he spent the weekend repairing a roof in that heat which is why I hadn't heard from him. Looks like I'll see him today. I hope he's able to come over and swim tonight. He needs a break and the water felt so good when I was swimming last night. I bought portobella mushrooms and plan on fixing portobella pizzas tonight.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:29 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Laurie, thanks for asking. My yoga is in the pool. Here's a live link http://www.hotspringspool.com/y.php?p=WebcamStill
I'm headed out on my bike right now. Hope you get a ride in with your debatable weather. Stayon' OP with ya! Do you have a non-mayo cabbage slaw recipe you'l like to share?
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:37 AM   #10  

Morning girls...

Hope that my beach chair isn't rusted up and too sun damaged! I need to pull it back out and get myself together.

I had been doing Body for Life for about the last year- EXCELLENT program- but have been out of control with my eating and need to get it together!

Cottage and Ruth- Is this the first time you have met in "real life"???

I need to do some thread reading and get caught up. It has been well over a year, maybe more since I have done SB, so it is a strict Phase 1 for me. UGH!!!! Time to do some meal planning and grocery shopping.

Last edited by Kiko; 06-29-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Kiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:13 AM   #11  

Lexxiss, What a great looking pool! I've been to the hot springs in Ouray, CO. Very cool!
Old 06-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #12  

Kiko - Welcome back! I was hoping you'd come back! Now that Brian is at summer camp and then will be with his Dad's, I'm trying to get back to eating more veggies. We ought to try to get together sometime in real life. Maybe the girls would like to come over and swim while it's warm.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #13  

Barb We would love that! A actually left this morning for a week long trip to Ohio with my parents. Let's plan something for next week.

We have had a super busy start to the summer with Twilight camp, VBS, etc... Life is slowing down some for the next two weeks, so should be the perfect time for Phase 1. More time to cook!!! My ticker is way wrong right now, I will weigh myself next time I am at the gym as my scale broke here at home.

Loving the cool weather and rain this morning! We had M's 4 year b-day party here at the house yesterday complete with princess bounce house, tiaras, tattoos, and face painting. It was a ball, but the heat and preparation wore us all out!
Kiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #14  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Hi there. I'm back, to 3fc and SB! Went food shopping yesterday, spent a few hours last night cooking. I went thru my food journals from phase 1 to remind myself what my menus looked like at that time. I am all ready for phase 1 today. Need to kick these cravings. Going from not working to sitting on my butt all day isn't doing good things on the scale! I have gained 8 lbs since I started working at the end of April. Glad this is a short week! I am ready for a 3 day weekend.

Last edited by Jenskihere; 06-29-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Jenskihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:29 PM   #15  

Jenski! Welcome Back! I've gained weight since going back to work, too. It's the donuts my co-workers keep bringing, the fast food lunches, and the sitting. Good Grief!