Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 06-28-2009, 04:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 249.4/ticker/135

Height: 5' 8"

Default Anyone tried Cylapril?

K I'm up late and just caught the infomercial... It sounds too good to be true of course. Like a magic pill....j/k but it sounded so convincing! darn infomercials.

So what I'm wondering is, has anybody gotten it? Does it make you feel more energy? Does it stop cravings for sugar & salt? Does it help you sleep better and feel like you actually got some sleep? Since these were all the claims made by it.

It supposedly helps with Adrenal Fatigue. Where your body has become stressed over time and the adrenal glands stop working right and causes insulin levels to go out of whack hence weight gain and all the other symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue they state. The "symptoms" they listed where dead on with me. I am always fatigued, I'm stressed, I gain weight quickly and am stuck trying to lose it, I have chronic depression... like they say I "often compensate for fatigue and depression by heavily dosing stimulants such as caffeine (coffee, soda, energy drinks, diet pills), nicotine (cigarettes), or using amphetamines for depression or ADHD issues." so basically my pop, coffee, social smoking makes it all worse. So pretty much with all they say, my adrenal glands must be shot to ****!

Another thing I'd like to know is... what is in it? I looked at there website and it doesn't say much... it is obviously some sort of proprietary blend that is prolly patented... but is it vitamins? herbs? amino acids?

I would like to try it but it's one of those ordering traps! Where they lock you in every month. Why can't these stupid companies just let you order it once? And I don't want to order anything I don't know what the ingredients are.

Any info would be helpful! Thanks ladies!
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:31 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

Probably not what you want to hear, but there is no magic pill. If there was, everyone would be skinny.

I'm not sure how a pill could give you more energy AND help you sleep ... unless it's full of stimulants for energy followed by a sleep inducing huge crash. I can't imagine that's very healthy.

Imho, save your money, spend what you would spend on those monthly pills and join a gym or buy some good running shoes and head outside. The side effects of eating better and exercising are MUCH GREATER than anything a pill can give you.

I would also never ever purchase something without the ingredients listed. For all you know, there could be crack or rat poison in it. Off the wall examples, I know, but diet pills aren't regulated so you have no idea how harmful they could be.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Search google for 'cylapril scam', you'll get lots of hits. Also looking at the ingredients, its nothing new and even has some ingredients that may be dangerous.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:48 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacilli View Post
Probably not what you want to hear, but there is no magic pill. If there was, everyone would be skinny. .
Lol, I thought that was what my "j/k" was about... It was a joke! I was just making fun of how the advertisement was trying to make it sound to fool all the idiots.

nelie, where'd you find the ingredients? Cuz I was thinking maybe I can just find other mulit-vitamins or supplements that have the same main things and take those. I know I lack proper nutrition now... so I'm thinking I need to supplement until I get my eating on the right track. I am trying everyday but somedays its still crap.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

if you do a google search for 'cylapril ingredients', you will see pages with the ingredients. Again, I recognize some of those ingredients as being unsafe and especially if you take other medications or have previous conditions such as a heart condition.

Anyway, just because a company advertises that their pill does something doesn't mean it does. They can throw whatever ingredients into a pill that sound good to them and sell it to you. It doesn't have to be effective because there aren't any pills that truly work anyway but people will keep buying.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
I would like to try it but it's one of those ordering traps! Where they lock you in every month. Why can't these stupid companies just let you order it once? And I don't want to order anything I don't know what the ingredients are.
Wow! After reading the google search cylapril scam... i see now.

I found this website and it gives a very low rating. I think from now on I will be a wiser human being (at least all they got from me was to make me wonder about it!) and realize ANY company that would lock you into an auto-shipment-payment schedule is FRAUDULENT & a SCAM. Even if their product might slightly work at all, the fact they have SO LITTLE FAITH IN THEIR OWN PRODUCT to force it's purchasers into this type of thing is the biggest red flag. If their product actually worked they would know that the customers would be satisfied & pleased and the product would sell itself because customers would be coming back.

I did get into one of these things with a Green T thing. It was these little packets that you can put in water bottles like the Crystal Light ones for 20 ozs. Then they started charging the crap out of me. I called them and threatened them and they refunded my account with the promise I'd return the product. I got my refund but since I procrastinate so much I still have the box here. Oopps! Heee-hee! But it sounds like this Cylapril people won't even refund people even when the products been returned!

Hmm... now onto other things in this crazy effed up world.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:29 PM   #7  

one more thing...okay I am learning so much today! :P

A lady posted this on the comments of that fatburners site.... That is so smart I can't believe I've never thought of that. Even thou I guess I don't buy things off tv or online very often. It would of helped me with that stupid Green T thing tho! But now if I just ever have to, have to, have to have something off an infomercial This is what I'm going to do!!!! Beat the scammers!

"The thing to do when you try a free sample like this and they require a credit card for the 9.95 is to go out and buy a Prepaid debit card. Put the 10 on it for shipping and handling, then when they go to try and debit the credit card for 54, there is nothing left to debit and you are not out any money! I work for a bank and this is the best way to handle these types of things. Do not give out your credit card or debit card to your checking account. Just go out and get a prepaid one. They have an expiration date along with a mastercard or visa logo.

Cheers!"