View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 08:40 AM   #11

Height: 5'5.5

Rikki - It's a raw foods thing that Cat recommended. It makes spirals out of raw veggies. I think it will also be good for sweet potato fries and salads. Right now I'm obsessed with the zucchini "noodles" though. I can't believe how perfect they are in the summer. I didn't heat them at all but next time will try a very quick saute in olive oil spray just for comparison. I have this one: but there are quite a few variations.

harrismm - I don't use sweetener in my bean salad, though I know a lot of people do. I use seasoned wine vinegar, lots of oregano, and a little EVOO. I mix whatever beans I have around, sweet onion, sometimes a little green pepper or celery. I'm a flexible cook

My new favorite easy salad is one my Mom makes every time I visit (since I started SBD anyway!). It's just raw broccoli & cauliflower, sweet onion, & halved grape tomatoes with a good Italian dressing. I prefer her homemade dressing but any acceptable bottled dressing would work. Let it marinade a few hours or overnight. We go through several bowls when I visit.

Chelby - A couple of cold soup recipes from my favorite cook book author: I'm going to try that bean recipe this week.

I'll get that avocado gazpacho recipe up as soon as I'm awake enough to read it
Baby steps, getting back on track 2015. Moving the next 10 lbs by the end of the summer.

Maintaining 48 lb loss since 2008, working off regain to a sensible maintenance level. 67 lbs and counting!