Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat: TGIF 6/26

Mornin' All!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: T.G.I.F. 06/26

Mornin' ladies! It's Friday!!!

I received a mark of 73% on my final! YIPEE!!

That means I end up with about 80% in the class...YIPEE again!!

Thank-gawd-that's-done!

I'm looking forward to a pretty low-key weekend of housecleaning, exercising and playing with the puppy...sad isn't it?!?! DH is playing ball hockey all weekend but at least I'll have the car if I feel the need to break-outta the house!

What's everyone up to on this lovely Friday???
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/205/140

Height: 5ft 7in

I am soooo laughing at us! (Me, Wifey and Lauren!) Great minds, gals!!

Lauren...if you can, delete the Friday thread I also started ....I moved my posting to here! THANK YOU!!

TGIF!!!

Happy Friday to all!!

I am soooo looking forward to the weekend! Going to relax outside and work on cleaning up my garden so I can actually start one! (kinda late in the season, I know....but better late than never I suppose!)

Diet's going great... it helps that my hubby's dieting as well (though he's lost what he had set out to lose, so he's just maintaining, darn men!)

So I've noticed that the clothes I'm wearing are getting too big for me....but I don't know if I should go out and buy new clothes, only to hopefully have those be too big for me soon as well? I can't quite fit into the clothes I had before my pregnancy, but I could wait it out until I fit into those? Any ideas out there ladies? I hate spending on clothes I'm trying not to fit into either!

Well...I hope everyone has a spectacular weekend!!!

KimikoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:08 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

OK, we're all merged together! GMTA indeed!

Wifey, Congrats on the grade!! I'm still dealing with my final. Was supposed to do 10 case studies and 20 short answer questions. The attachment he posted had 8 case studies and 28 questions. I e/m him Tuesday (it was due yesterday) and he didnt' respond until last night. He thinks it's my system. How can it be my system? It was a Word doc??

Anyway...K, congrats on the clothes!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:18 AM   #5  
Wannabe Loser

S/C/G: 184/138/120

Height: Almost 5'2"

Hey all! I am hoping for a great weekend to add to my great week! The only bad spot today will be taking my kiddo to get her kindergarten shots I also need to do tons of weeding in my garden and flower beds. I've been slacking a little in the workout department so my main goal for today is to get a nice walk in and some yoga, already did my weights this morning and karate is next. I also hope I can get in a hike tomorrow morning for some much needed alone time!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Lauren
Bigknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 230.4/162.2/140

Height: 5feet 2inches

GANG

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEKEND DON'T PARTY TO HARD I HOPE TO GET ON THE MOTORCYCLE THIS WEEKEND IF WEATHER HOLDS UP

S
jellybellyjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I hurt my foot/ankle and so I am trying to stay off of it for a couple of days, so my exercise routine is going to be off. And so, I am going to concentrate on the diet part of my life right now. I have been eating whatever I want, but with the exercise I have maintained this weight. It's now time to refocus. The only thing that has gotten my diet on track is attending WW meetings, but I don't want to invest the money this time. I am going to try it on my own.

Lauren, I also have a daughter about to attend Kindergarten. She had her shots in January though. They were tough shots. She normally doesn't mind shots, but this set made her sore. I am nervous about school. She is soooo ready, but I am not.

KimikoD - When I was losing weight I would always purchase a few items that fit. I bought cheaper clothes items (Target has pretty cute inexpensive stuff), but it felt good to buy smaller sizes and it also helped me with my goals because it gave me something else to "grow" out of. The other thing I did when I hit the weight I am now was to have a big yardsale and I got rid of all my bigger clothes. I have nothing to wear if I gain weight which is a motivator to maintain.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #8  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Yesterday was great! I ended up having to eat something other than what I had packed for lunch. I had a turkey sub from Jimmy Johns. I requested mustard instead of mayo and it was very good. And about 335 calories and 1.6 grams of fat according to their online nutrition calculator. I also ate 1/2 the small bag of chips. And had 6 tortilla chips with taco dip on them. It ended up being a few points higher than I had planned on for lunch, but I ended up being rushed for dinner and had leftover split pea soup, which was a few fewer points than I had been planning so it all ended up alright in the end. And since this morning was my WI, I tried to stop eating a little earlier in the day.

And speaking of my WI, it was awesome! 4 pounds down! I'd say about 2.5 pounds of it is actually from this week and the rest is make up from last week when it was my TOM. That means I've hit my first mini goal of 10 pounds lost and am already two pounds into my second mini goal of another 10 pounds lost. How exciting!

I also moved my aerobics step int front of the TV. I'm going to try and do some stepping when I watch TV in the evenings. I learned quickly that I am NOT coordinated to actually DO step aerobics, but I think that I can just step up and down for a half hour or so without killing myself (or more likely, other people in the room...).

I'm still loving my GoWear Fit and have talked about it to two people in my office who were very interested in how it worked and what it did.

Kimiko, I'm planning a trip to Goodwill today. I'm going to see if I can get some fairly-new jeans for a few bucks. I hear that they often have stuff with the tags on for, like, 5 bucks. I don't worry about my shirts, but it gets difficult when the pants don't fit. So if you don't have any dislike of used clothes, I'd suggest Goodwill!

I hope everyone has a truly excellent Friday!

Last edited by Rebound; 06-26-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:44 AM   #9  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Wifey - congrats on the good grade!
Rebound - HULLO!!! 4 pounds, congrats girl!!
Rileyozzy - hope your foot feels better - how'd you hurt it?
Kimiko - I highly recommend a Consignment Shop for some new (to you) clothes. They take higher quality things but sell them for cheap. I have frequently found things with tags still on them. Goodwill is good as well.

Planning to go to the library today - maybe after the little kids nap. My 7 year old daughter is having an overnight tonight. They will be at VBS until 9, so that's nice!

I need to do some meal planning today. I order most of our staple food from a discount program that delivers once a month to several churches in our area. Tomorrow is the big haul. I like to have some sort of menu planned out in advance to utilize all of it. It saves us huge on our grocery bill. Just google Angel Food Ministries if your interested.

Have a Great Friday!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/205/140

Height: 5ft 7in

Thanks for all the great ideas on clothes everyone!!

I hadn't even thought about Goodwill!! I'm going to make a trip there this weekend and see what I can find!!

Wifey! Congrats on the grade and being out of class!!
Lauren...What kind of case studies are you doing? You've peaked my interest!
Lauren (bigknitter)... I'm with you on the weeding/gardening! I am excited to see if I can grow any veggies this year though!
Riley! I'm so sorry to hear about your injury!! Here's hoping you have a speedy recovery!
Rebound... Congratulations on the "4 lbs down"!! Gotta love those results!
KimikoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

I must say I am having the same clothes issues. My pants are now ridiculously baggy and falling off but I am reluctant to buy anything new. I don't really even know why? I am just holding out for something....but I am not usre what it is. I know my body has changed and that I am a smaller size but I have no idea if I have moved down 1 or 2 or ...?? Maybe that is what is holding me back. I don't want to be disappointed. Hmmm...

Consignment sounds like a good idea though. Thanks!
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote