South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 05:31 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Coffee and Chat

Quick good morning! It's horribly hot and humid at 5:20 which doesn't bode well for the rest of the day. I am turning on the AC. Donna comes to clean and doesn't handle heat well.

Long meeting with Cousin Paul last night re putting on a bedroom addition. This house was built by one of his great-grandfathers for one of his other great-grandfathers (my grandpa) so he's really interested in the job. I doubt that being a blood relative will give me a concession on the price. I have to get the septic system checked before we start and I hate to think of it. I'm pretty sure it needs to be replaced as in 1985 it was deemed "adequate". The dogs will have to get paper routes!

I have a bit or running around to do and may get some gardening done. The August wedding is cancelled which means there's not quite the pressure to get flowers going. I don't know all the details but it's definitely off. Seeds will certainly keep to next year but the remaining flowers in flats need to go into the ground.

Stay "calm, cool and collected" as my Dad used to say. Six months from today it'll be.....never mind!

Old 06-25-2009, 06:00 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth Iced coffee for later will be perfect. Pace yourself with that heat. Such a weird year - cold, cold, cold, HOT!

I get to spend the hot day driving 5 hours in my car without air conditioning for a 2.5 hour meeting in an old building with no air conditioning. That's not even accounting for the people who really annoy me who will be at that meeting. On the plus side I head from that meeting directly to my massage therapist's office and later on to my CSA pick-up. Once that meeting ends it's my weekend. I sure hope the strawberries hold on so I can dry another couple of batches.

Hope there's a breeze where you are
Old 06-25-2009, 06:06 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oy, Cyndi! I'll think of you when I start getting grumpy about the heat today. That drive and meeting sounds brutal! Just keep driving north and come here instead.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Girls.

It's supposed to get hot and humid here today, too, but right now it's pleasantly cool. I have to get over to Cindy's by 7:30 this morning and get the girls ready for a riding lesson, then drop off Audrey at a friends for the afternoon, and pick up one of Maggie's friends on the way back home. The girls will have to settle for the sprinkler and playing with the super-soakers, since I have to wait for a delivery. Just as well, though, since Maggie's friend can't swim, anyway.

Ruth, I hope you remember to stay "cool, calm and collected" today as well! Drink your water!

Cyndi, I don't envy you that long, hot drive either! At least you have something rewarding to look forward to after that dull meeting. I have a 7 hour drive ahead of me this weekend, but at least I'll have air-conditioning. I hope you find some goodies in your CSA box!

I have to get through today, then only 1 more day until vacation!
Old 06-25-2009, 06:43 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ruth and Cyndi, take care in the heat. It's a good day for lots of water!
Ruth, may your chores git' dun so you can have some fun! Maybe the dogs could join the circus with all the tricks they know.
Cyndi, enjoy your massage and CSA!
Cottage, you are on the final stretch! Enjoy your day! Are your bags already packed?

I found a fun website yesterday. www.recipepuppy.com. You can enter ingredients from your refrig and it will give a list of recipes which include those ingredients. Of course some will not be SB friendly, but I actually found a good recipe.

Me, off to VBS, afternoon at home, and DH's TBI(Traumatic Brain Injury) support group tonight. We meet once a month.

I'm feeling good and staying OP. Thanks for all your support.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:51 AM   #6  

It's a scorcher here too today with 101 predicted. We've had several days over 100 this week which is a bit early for us. I'm glad my job is inside. Still no fridge yet since Don's been working later than 10 every day this week. We'll try again today.

Brian did get his RC boat. Turns out it was half off and then they agreed to honor the 25% off coupon too so he only ended up spending the money he earned working for Don and still has his allowance to spend with his birthday money in a few weeks. It's an RC hammerhead shark that is really cool. I hope it holds up.

Stay cool, everyone. I hate long drives in a hot car.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:19 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ruth, I'm drinking iced coffee right now. Mmm! Hope you are able to put an awesome addition on the house for limited cost.

Cyndi, I'm sending a breeze and awesome tunes (or an audio book?) to you for your drive and lots of patience for your meeting. I don't abide meetings well, especially with annoying people. But just think of your afternoon--it sounds blissful!

Wave at me as you go by on your drive north, Cottage! Wish I could drive out that way so we could grab coffee for a quick pit stop or something! I miss you!

Debbie, that sounds like a great website! You can do a similar thing with the advanced search feature on www.myrecipes.com. If you select Cooking Light (or, usually, Real Simple), you'll get mostly easy-to-SBDize recipes. It's my favorite...I cook most of my meals from Cooking Light.

Barb, sounds like you're keeping busy! I haven't "seen" you for a while, so I missed the fridge saga. Is this the one in your house? Yikes!

Me:
Last day of work for the week. I'm visiting with a friend tomorrow who just had a baby. I'll be bringing two dinners and a batch of cookies (her favorite), so I've been cooking up a storm all week. Tonight is the last bit, and hopefully I'll have time to paint my toenails (which have been naked for a record four days!) and bake some cupcakes for the upcoming church festival. We'll see!

Hope everyone has a great afternoon. We're supposedly due for thunderstorms. I hope it happens because the humidity is building and I'd hate for it to just stay that way.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #8  

Laurie - It's actually the one in the garage that isn't working any more although the one in my kitchen is 18 years old. Don has an almost brand new one that he doesn't need any more since he lives in a 5th wheel so he's going to bring that over for my kitchen (it's chrome and has water/ice in the door) and then he'll move my kitchen one to the garage. I need the extra freezer space for food leftover from the Junior Staff party that can be used for the Adult Staff party in a month. I've been really busy with Twilight Camp and the staff party and now I've just been getting Brian ready to leave for Summer Camp on Sunday.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/133/115

Height: 5'0"

I'm drinking iced coffee right now. So glad to be back on here. I have been MIA for awhile. ITS SO HOT here in Arizona!!!! Yesterday was 108 and next week should be in the 112-115's! HOLY CANOLI! Nice to hear that everyone is doing well! xoxo
Old 06-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Moncheree, I cannot even imagine 108. I might die in 115! Our heat index has been around 105. I just want to stay inside! I'm glad you are back.

I'm late checking in today. Took off a half day yesterday, so I had plenty on my desk this morning. Busy is good!

Auston and I had so much fun swimming yesterday. I miss spending all my time with him, but I still think the job is good for both of us. Surely there is going to be less guilt when he starts school in August.... Surely!

Hope everyone is staying cool!
Closed Thread