Old 06-23-2009, 08:19 AM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Back In Kindergarten #80

Hello & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!
So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!

FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:28 AM   #2  
One day at a time

Good morning, ladies!

Day 1 of WW and I was going to say "So far, so good" but I have yet to start, lol. But I have breakfast planned and will stick to it so. I weighed this morning just to see what I am at and I am actually down a pound-cool! Feeling good about joining WW and getting on track with my eating. The exercise...no problem, it's the food! I am addicted to food and have been quite the little pig lately. Still kicking myself for the gain but whatever...it's water under the bridge and I am doing something about it so...

Got my walk in and man, ICK! I hate sweating! The temp was about 76 I think but the humidity is just horrible! Supposed to be 100 today, yuck. Definitely staying inside, well I have to run to the store a little later but then I will be in for the day. I am going to attempt to do the High Calorie Melt-Mitch Gaylord...he's a killer so I am hoping I can make it thru the whole 60 minutes...we'll see.

SUSAN...swimming sounds so nice! The pool down the street has been so busy the last few days in the evenings. No one goes during the day, lol...I don't want to go during the day either...too hot! But it sounds good. Little Miss Gab is going to be quite the little swimmer isn't she? Your book sounds good.

Take care ladies, and have a terrific day!
Old 06-23-2009, 06:57 PM   #3  
ugggg.....

Hi Cristina!!

Going to the garden to weed...dranks ALOT of water today and looks like I will get my 10,000 steps in today....have to watch my mindless stress eating...hubby keeps asking what I am eating now...should stop me, but just pisses me off....

Teri called--Dominic LOVES the Ocean--JR taught him to bury mommy's feet in the sand....she's taking lots of pics...

Ry is still with the nice girl....the ex is still calling but he isn't playing the game any more...she's really a nice girl..I still love her to death and wish her happiness.....she just needs to stop using him as an ego boosting fall back plan....

Mom's consultatin at John Hopkins is next Tuesday...I am just wanting her to get them out and the cancer to be gone completely...

well I really gotta get going on the garden tonight--I have to mow again tomorrow night...

Last edited by jules1216; 06-24-2009 at 06:32 AM.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:31 PM   #4  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies..Had a couple lazy days here. DH and I didn't feel too well, so we just really didn't do a thing. Ate soup and crackers and took naps.

Mom went on a road trip with her sis to see her other three sisters. She is feeling very well right now. I am just glad she was able to go and pray she continues to feel okay.

Made our trip plans for Vegas end of July. Hopefully DS will be able to join us as he will be finished with the big bar exam then.

DD and DGS will be here July 2nd...can't wait.

Jules- Hope you got the garden weeded. I hear you about the mindless eating. I am like you if DH calls attention to it..just makes me mad..and I might just eat more. Grrrr.

Cristina- I missed why you are not babysitting and going to games...or was that when someone was acting like a Princess? I do remember that.

You know I am too lazy to go back to the other thread...so I will fake it. Susan- Hope you had a nice day off. Mindee- Hope the kiddos are enjoying summer and not giving you too much grief. Sassy- How's work? Dumb question, huh? Katy- Busy, busy summer...you are brave in all you are attempting. Kathy- Hope all is well up north. Francie- Are you doing okay? Miss hearing from you.

Okay....will scoot and try to do better next time.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:16 AM   #5  
One day at a time

Good morning!

SUE...yeah, same old stuff with the DIL, they use the kids which is so stupid and not right at all. I said No to something for once and they are mad or were, IDK, I've not talke dto them for almost 3 weeks now and didn't plan to but the dil sent an invite to Cambries BD sat...not sure that I am going. Tired of the BS, drama,mind games, competition and them getting mad every other freaking day and I don't put up with it.

Sorry you and the hubby were feeling bad, hope today is better for ya. Did you guys ever get a condo in Vegas, can't remember? One of these days I am going to get down there. Hoping your son is able to make it. Glad your mom is having a great time with the sisters, and glad is feeling well.

JULES...who doesn't like the beach?! Bet the pictures of Dominick at the beach are GREAT! Just know he loved it. I too am the same way...I know I shouldn't eat some of the things I eat and it makes me angry when someone points it out...just want to eat it even more! Or throw it at him, lol. Good job on the steps! Be careful out there mowing. I am needing to do that but it has been so freaking hot here. Going to give it a go tomorrow...hoping I don't piss the neighbors off doing it at 7:30 in the morning...too hot to do it any later.

Hiya to everyone else

I was up early, as usual, for my walk...starts off good and feels cool but then halfway thru is when I feel the humidity, ick! Supposed to be 100 today and then 102 tomorrow! Anyway, also did my sculpt and burn and then later on will do my slim and thin. So far the food is going well...stayed within my points and feeling GREAT! Very energetic for some reason.

Nothing planned for the day toda either...same old stuff. Exercise, read, clean and computer.

Have a great day whatever you do!
Old 06-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

It's a day off from work!

Cristina - Ya, Gaby will be another Ester Williams soon enough. ha I hate sweating and I hate humidity. ;0)

Sue - Glad your mother is feeling better.

Jules - Hugs to your mom, and wishing her nothing but good news in her health.

to everyone else.

I applied for a rehab position position at work, HR kept wanting me to do a resume to go with it and it is like "whatever, you have my application from when I applied before.....granted it doesn't have my background when I did caregiving but still. It is basically cleaning, stocking and helping with the patients. How hard is that?? I just rubbed my nose the wrong way. She says "you need to sell yourself" Bah hum bug,,,,I ain't selling myself, my work there the last 9 months speaks for it's self. I just don't like the lady.

Think I have a bad attitude??? Ya, probably. I feel like I have lowered myself enough, and I don't mind but I feel sometimes people look down at me because I "just clean".....I mean if you are going to have an opinion of me at least get the full story and I bet I earned more w/ my $18 property managment job thn HR lady does now.

whatever.....now I feel like low life.*waaaaa

I do. I was feeling good too before she gave me attitude.

bye.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #7  
One day at a time

Back again for a few minutes...just making my rounds before signing off the computer for good for the day. Guess I will go read some until Jeopardy comes on...got all my exercise done and the hubby is getting ready to head to work at 3 so...feeling a little sleepy but I will make it until 11 tonight and then go to bed. I was thinking this morning about how heavy I sleep sometimes. Hubby came in at a little after midnight and he normally stays until until 1:30 or 2 but I never hear him...kind of scary to think I can't/don't hear him coming in taking a shower and all and nothing...I am dead to the world. Guess I've watched one too many 48 Hour shows, lol. Anyway...

SUSAN....hugs to you missy. And shame on that lady for making you feel bad. I know when I volunteered at the hospital there were certain docs and nurses that ALWAYS tried to make us feel like we were no one. Ummm, how many people work for free?!!! And put up with their arses! Funny though, one of the nurses that always had an attitude got a little nicer over time for some reason. But don't let anyone get to you...you are doing a job and one they would never do so they should appreciate you! And has it been 9 months already? Wow, time does fly doesn't it? Anyway, try and have a good day missy.

Where is everyone else? Are you ladies out there? Taking a break from things or just busy, busy, busy?! Stop by and say HI when you get a chance!

Okay, I am outta here...have a good day everyone
Old 06-24-2009, 03:54 PM   #8  
kitty Momo

I am trying to adjust my attitude Cristina, my mom says so. lol

I just was/am surprised HR lady wants a resume when I am already an employee. Why doesn't the Rehab manager just call my supervisor and see what kind of employee I am?? The job description is mostly cleaning as it is, which I am doing. And HR goes "just because you apply doesn't mean you will get an interview"....will, in the union handbook it says employee's have preference over outside applications and with the pay scale so close I doubt many from within are going to apply for a less paid position.

anyway, mom says give her what she wants......hmm, I will think about it. lol I would actually only make $200 more a month anyway, since I work evening and get the shift difference. So, whatever.

I think I will go to the store and buy something really sinful, like some ding dongs or some fried chicken and a bottle of wine, that'll pep me up. lol

*sigh,,,,and the sun isn't out just in a icky mood. I think I am just tired.

anyway - thanks for the hugs Cristina!
Old 06-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #9  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, it has been a full vast of experiences one after another since I last posted!

last Saturday we went to my mom and dad's house for my sister Robyn's graduation party. we were coming home and decided to stop by our friends house to see if he was home.....he wasn't so we started heading back home. we ended up stopping not far from his house because there was a house that was shooting off fireworks. we sat and watched for a little bit since Marissa was asleep, but the boys were awake. they were saying that they were hungry so we were going to pick them up something to eat, as well as something for us too.

we pulled down the street to come back home, and we ended up getting hit by a lady who was drunk as a skunk! we have been having insurance issues again, so at that point in time we didn't have any on the van. so, we basically made a deal with her and her husband that we wouldn't call the police, if her husband helped Tommy change the tire and give us $500 for the damages. she agreed to it right away, and they went to putting the spare tire on. come to find out, the spare tired wasn't holding any air either so he had to go across the street to the gas station to put some air in the tire.

the guy gave Tommy $20 that night and said that he would have the full $500 on Sunday. Tommy said, not a problem just let me know when I can meet you to get it. we ended up having to call our friend that lives in that area to see if he could come help out, but he was drunk himself, so we ended up calling Tommy's little brother and he came and helped.

Tommy called the people on Father's Day and left her a message that since she wasn't returning his call, then she either had to give him a call back in regards to his money OR he was going to the police and making a police report. (we had ALL of her information!) she instantly called him back and said that they weren't ignoring his calls, they were just having issues with their water heater....which Tommy said that it wasn't his problem because she was the one that hit us!

Tommy met the husband and got $200 from him, and the guy had his sign some paper. And they basically played us for fouls!!! As soon as the husband left the parking lot, the wife (the lady that hit us) got on the phone and called Tommy and said that she had called the police and told her that they didn't owe us the full amount because the way we handled it was the way we handled it.

I told Tommy that if he really wanted to he could call the police station and tell them that he witnessed a hit and run accident in which the lady hit a vehicle and then fled. And that he was standing in the line at the liquoer store behind her (where she bought more alcohol, and reeked of alcohol) and then he saw her get into her vehicle and drive off. they would end up issuing either a ticket and sending it to her and a bench warrant for her arrest.

so needless to say, we just said to heck with it and chalked it up as a lesson learned. I got whiplash really bad from it, Tommy got some whiplash as well. The kids are all doing okay. Brandon's car seat was almost completely sideways and his top chest buckle was undone when the lady hit us.

Tommy ended up calling into work on Monday and took the day off. we went to the pool to see if that would help us out any. It did......but I replaced the whiplash with sun burn! And it, hasn't gotten any better! I have been at the pool every day since Monday.....but I have been shielding my back so that it doesn't get burnt any more.

so that pretty much sums up every thing on our end in a nutshell. oh yeah, I just uploaded the pictures from Monday onto myspace. I am going to attempt to upload them onto facebook right now.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #10  
ugggg.....

Mindee--wow, glad everyone is ok. I really doubt they actually called the police.

SuzyQ--I say put on your "happy" face and hand her the resume--the witchy lady doesn't need to know about your attitude, go get that extra $200.00 a month missy!!

Sue--I know he's only trying to help me do what I really want but pointing out the fact that I am eating what I shouldn't isn't what I want to hear--I got half the garden done...I am going to finish up Friday morning before it gets too hot and humid.

Hi all--where is everyone....
Cristina--the grass is waiting for tomorrow night...I got over 11,000 steps in today and drank all my water!! It's suppossed to be hotter tomorow but it's not even time for Jeopardy (10 minutes to the 7:30 pm start time) -- I just haven't been sleeping good. I usually sleep like the dead too....now I am feeling like the walking dead...my eyelids even feel heavy...
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:51 PM   #11  
kitty Momo

I know Jules but it is only $200 a month. I am not sure if I want to kiss someones butt for that. I mean. I can pay bills now and have $$ in my wallet and I like my 3 days off in a row and ....I will think about it.
The county I live in has a 11% higher unemployment rate then the state of Oregon so I am grateful to even have a job.
And HR lady is small town fry, I am not impressed. And I am really too lazy to do a resume. I am. I was unemployed for over a year refusing to do a resume. It is a mental block kind of thing. I must be mental. lol

Mindee- lol.........wow, I couldn't even keep up with all that! Glad the kids are ok.

k- off I go to read.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:32 PM   #12  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hola all.

Well I have been sick all week. This is my first night back to work......

So I haven't read up on all the posts, sorry. I will begin from here.........

I hope you all are well.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:48 AM   #13  
One day at a time

Good morning!

Just a quickie for now...I will be back to do indies a little later, getting ready to head out and buy groceries.

Got my walk in...was up at about 5:15 and thought I would just go ahead an get up. For some reason for once, I was wide awake and ready to go. Actually didn't feel as humid either. But it is supposed to be another hot one today, ick!

Weighed this morning and I was at 191.2 so I am pleased with that. Not going to weigh again until Monday...official WI day, I want to be surprised, I think. Anyway...

I'll be back later, have a good one!
Old 06-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #14  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!

My attitude took a turn and I feel human today I will get my resume completed and handed in by tomorrow, when the listing closes. I told HR lady that and she said that would be perfect.
WI was 142.8 so happy w/ that.

Hawaii Man's mother had triple bypass Tuesday, so say a prayer for her. She is doing well and one tough cookie. She still needs cosmetic surgery for her face when she had cancer treatments 2 years ago. And HM finally will make it back to work after 10 months off himself fro m recovering his own heart surgery.

Cristina - yay to 191.2!! Good for you.

Sassy - sorry you were sick, glad to hear your back at work!

Jules - yay to 11,000 steps! how many miles is that?? sounds great

better go get my gabster from swim lesson and onto day care and yay.....I get to go to work! I really need a routine. lol

toodles.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:26 PM   #15  
One day at a time

Hello chickies

MINDEE...good grief! I think I would have just called the police from the beginning, she shouldn't be driving around drunk and most likely she will do it again. Glad no one was hurt

SUSAN...good for you missy! Sounds like the hrh lady was just giving you a hard time about a resume...but glad you are doing it...sounds like it made her happy! And just think...that will be more money in your pocket each month! Wow, that is a high unemployment rate! Hoping you get the job

SASSY...hugs to you, feel better soon!

JULES...good job on the 11,000 steps! I need to start wearing a pedometer again. I think it makes you do more. It's hot herer too! So tired of it already but I am afraid it is just the beginning, ugh! I might take a break tomorrow and go to the pool...wanting to be in the water for some reason.

SUE, KATHY, KATY, FRANCIE and anyone I missed...hoping all is well with you.

Didn't get to my dvd's yet...glad I got the walk in. May only do one, dunno...feeling lazy now. Hey, a hour is better than nothing and definitely nothing to balk at so...we'll see.

Have a great day everyone, and try to stay cool!