Old 06-24-2009, 08:48 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat: Wednesday, 6/24

Mornin' All!

Sticky here this AM. We'll see how the day goes...may end up somewhere holed up in the basement later where it's cool! Unfortunately it's a little sticky down there too. Dehumidifier just can't seem to keep up sometimes!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #2  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for starting this, LBH. I'm not to be trusted

It's the 7th circle of **** here yesterday and today. Took an extra long walk to make up for the walk I'm not going to take today at lunchtime. I did walk for a while inside the building yesterday, though, and plan on doing that tomorrow. There is a skywalk over to the new children's hospital so I can walk over there and do a loop and come back. A/C all the way!

Excited/nervous to WI on friday. Foods been great and exercise has been great but I'm still nervous about the scale. It's that dreaded "week 3" for me when the fluff is gone and I'm only going to see actual FAT losses, which are slower than fluff.

I want my signature! I know it's been 20 days, and I have lots of posts! I want my ticker and all my mini-goals up. I'll be allowed to have one soon, I hope...

Edited to add: I have a signature option in my control panel!! Yippie! I'm off to waste some time and add one!

Last edited by Rebound; 06-24-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:53 AM   #3  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Hooray for Rebound getting her siggy!! I can't wait to see it and celebrate your reaching your goals with you!

Well, my hives are finally mostly gone. Nothing like having swollen chubby legs with flaming red splotches all over them in 105 degree heat! Today looks better, more like a mild sunburn.

I'm taking our kids to the Children's Museum in a minute here - just wanted to check in. I'm sporting some new duds courtesy of some cheap clothes at a consignment shop yesterday. Feeling pretty good.

Thinking about a midweek WI on Thursday to check my progress. I normally weigh in on Monday, but my WL goal calculates out to .25lb per day so theoretically I should be down .75 by Thursday. I don't know if a midweek WI would just derail me or not (if the number isn't down). IDK, I'm pretty fragile right now and it wouldn't take much - emotionally - to set me on a bad path.

Well, we're off - hope you all have a wonderful day!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:12 AM   #4  
One step at a time...

Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy! Siggy!
Old 06-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #5  
LBH

Hi All,

Rebound! Congrats on getting your siggy! Let me put my Mod Hat on for a minute though: Just watch the length of the siggy and don't let it get too long. People, especially those that still have dial-up, have problems with long siggys. Did you notice the guide when making yours? OK, Mod Hat off...You're doing Fabulous on your first goal!!

Morton, glad the hives are almost better. If you know you're fragile and a small set back could set you off, I would suggest NOT doing a mid-week WI!

OK, I'm off to drag my lazy butt in the shower and get dressed before I have to get Peter off the bus!

Last edited by LBH; 06-24-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #6  
One step at a time...

Lauren, I did think it was a little long. I changed it for now. Maybe I'll add a little bit more in later, like my mini-goals AFTER I reach them.

Thanks for the very polite Mod Hat info!
Old 06-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Hello everyone My name is Nelle and i am new to the group but not new to 3 fat chicks...I have always found this website to be very inspirational and am looking forward to reconnect with the users on here. I haven't officially started my weight management program (I like that phrase better than "diet"), but I am getting myself mentally prepared for it. I will begin the Fat Smash program on 6/29/09. Looking forward to chatting with you soon...
Fashion Nelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:55 PM   #8  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hello All!

I started ovulating yesterday so, like every month, I'm going to be craving like crazy for the next 2 weeks. I'm hoping that if I manage to overcome it this month, and stay on plan, that every month after will become easier. I hope, I hope, I hope...

Rebound, congrats on your siggy!

Morton, I'm glad you feel better. Being hot, sweaty and itchy sucks.

LBH, it's hot and humid here too. I think I'm gonna get my exercise indoors today.

Nelle, welcome! I'm new too. I only started posting yesterday.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:02 PM   #9  
LBH

Amanda, I'm LOL at your avatar and the quote under your user name, because it looks like you really are saying, "how does this thing work"!

Nelle, Welcome! I like you're thinking!

Rebound, Thanks for understanding!
Old 06-24-2009, 03:18 PM   #10  

LOL I really was thinking that Lauren. I still don't know how it works!

Morton, I just noticed how similar our stats and height are. We'll have to keep tabs on one another.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:28 PM   #11  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Hooray for Nelle! Welcome!

Wow, no kidding, Amanda!! We are just two Hot Chicks hanging out on the 3Chicks site... Do you have a time frame for your goal? I was thinking by January 1st. If I give myself to much time, I will slack!

Last edited by mortonpixie; 06-24-2009 at 03:30 PM.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #12  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been out of pocket. My nanny punked out on me & I've been scurrying around trying to find a replacement as I can't afford $800/mo for daycare (which includes all the activities/etc) and I was really depending on this girl to help me out. I've hit like 7 dead ends. I am at my wits end with people saying they probably can do something for you...then finding out they can't but NOT calling you to tell you. It just irritates me cause I am always there for people!

Oh well, it is what it is. This stress has pushed my weight loss efforts to the back burner. I'm trying to eat healthy still, but I haven't been to the gym. :O(

I hope everyone else is surviving this nasty summer heat. It is over 100 here in Texas! YUCK!
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:01 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortonpixie View Post
Hooray for Nelle! Welcome!

Wow, no kidding, Amanda!! We are just two Hot Chicks hanging out on the 3Chicks site... Do you have a time frame for your goal? I was thinking by January 1st. If I give myself to much time, I will slack!
Close! I'm shooting for February 1. My birthday is February 3, so I want to celebrate my 37th birthday with the weight issue firmly behind me.

We definitely have to get this accomplished!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:35 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 255/205/140

Height: 5ft 7in

I'm a day behind, but congratulations on the signature, Rebound! I think I finally have the option as well, will have to play around with it in a bit!
KimikoD is offline   Reply With Quote