Old 06-24-2009, 06:25 AM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default Post -Spain: I still have more to learn...

I thought I'd done better than this, I thought I'd have lost in Spain, I tried to be so careful. The day before I left, I was 180.6, this morning I'm 184, that's 3.4 gained. Mark you, I can do 11lbs in a week if I really try, so I suppose this isn't so bad but I'm a bit disapppointed.

I didn't eat cakes.
Bar 1 beer, I didn't drink alcohol, only water when I was out or black coffee.
I twice had an ice-cream - but on both occasions, that was lunch.
I walked a lot.
We had buffet meals a lot where I tried to major on the veggies.

I think it must have been the breakfasts. Every day I had a tiny bread roll, some turkey ham, a little ham ham and a little garlic sausage. There was bog all else!

but when I think back: for 4/8 days, I had 2 tiny bread rolls; I discovered how to make the machine produce milky coffee, so had 2 milky ones every morning; the last couple of days I had butter on them, plus an extra tiny roll and jam.

Interesting learning experience, how the little things add up.

Back in the saddle today. Off to collect set#2 of the dogs from kennels then onto the supermarket for a healthy shop.

I'm a lucky gel, I'm going abroad AGAIN in September, so another target to aim for. 20lbs off? maybe. I'll keep on plodding!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:12 AM   #2  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

How long have you been back? I wonder whether you're retaining water after your journey? I find travelling very dehydrating, even if it's just a long car or train journey and even if I drink a lot.

Glad you had a good time!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:48 AM   #3  
Happy Plodder

I got back Monday afternoon, swollen with water like a balloon, so didn't weigh Tuesday. This morning my ankles were about as thin as they get, so I reckoned I might as well get organized - I could feel my 'just one more day I'll have a snickers' voice getting louder!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:21 AM   #4  
in development

You might still have a whoosh! Well done for getting organised and sorting out that Snickers voice. Push off, pal.

Btw, lovely weather here! I bet Spain was hotter though.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:25 AM   #5  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Well, I think you did really well Ailidh and still enjoyed your vacation.

It probably wasn't just the extras that added up. It was probably the fact that it was all restaurant food and prepared much different -- with much more salt, fat, sugar and pre-cooking -- than you would ever do it. That, you couldn't escape.

So 3.4? I think that's a small gain, on a great vacation that will be gone in no time. Give yourself a couple ore days of water, working out and better food and at least half of it will probably just fall off.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:37 AM   #6  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

I've fallen off the bandwagon after a holiday on more than one occasion - nothing to do with the holiday, and everything to do with getting out of my routine and not getting it back afterwards. I mean, it doesn't sound likely that you ate 12000 calories over maintenance, but the desire to eat snickers and not get back on track - I get that, and it's what has brought me unstuck in the past.

But I'm sure you'll be fine! I'm glad you had a great time
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #7  
Happy Plodder

Hm. Discovered that one of the things I have to learn is to remember my stats! I've just checked back and I was 181.6 not 180.6 the day before Spain, so I don't feel quite so badly.

And yes, I do see the silliness of being swayed by a pound either way!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm thrilled you had a good time. Really, all that traveling and even if it was simple food it was still prepared by someone else. Cut yourself some slack girl. Those few pounds are gonig to be gone!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #9  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Those 3.4 pounds will be just a blip on the radar soon Personally I think you haven't given yourself enough time for the water weight to come down!!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #10  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

It sounds like you made good choices all through the vacation, Ailidh --- and enjoyed yourself in the meantime! Kudos on a job well done. That little extra weight you brought back? Smuggled into your bags at the airport by an international organization of criminal fat --- knowing you, I bet it all slinks quietly back into the dark in 2 days!

Did I mention I envy you the traveling? It sounds like a lot of fun! Welcome home!
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:08 PM   #11  
Happy Plodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanceDiva View Post
Personally I think you haven't given yourself enough time for the water weight to come down!!
You could be right - I've drunk a lot of water today but I sure as heck have p.d a lot more! TMI?

Numina - you're right about those darned fat-smugglers! Shame they don't have a detector for that at airport security!
Old 06-24-2009, 02:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I think you did awesome for being on vacation! I know I probably at this point wouldn't be so aware if I was abroad! You did well! Those pounds will be gone in no time at all and you know it!! Welcome back!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:18 AM   #13  
Happy Plodder

Down to 181.9 this morning, that's 4.8 OUNCES away from my vacation start weight, so yup, a whoosh is born! Good insight, silverbirch!

Couch - you are so right about it not being so much the holiday as the not getting back into a routine straight away. Dumb as I'm going to sound: when I got to 136 in 2004, that's 106lbs lost, I went on a holiday that was out of this world, I felt so physically confident. It was not getting back on plan straight after that made me lose confidence in ever getting back on, and brought me here at 225 on 01/27. I SWEAR I will not do that again!
Old 06-26-2009, 05:41 AM   #14  
in development

Wonderful news!

I'm all in favour of routine!
Old 06-26-2009, 06:17 AM   #15  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

Yay, whoosh! I love whooshes. It almost makes the days of frustration with no change worth it. Almost.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote