Old 06-20-2009, 02:30 PM   #1  
Age Quod Agis

S/C/G: 184/177/134

Height: 5'5.5''

Default Sayonara to the 140's challenge

For those who wish to say goodbye to the 140s, lets band together and support each other! What do you say ladies?

Loves,

~sweetshauna~
sweetshauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #2  
Age Quod Agis

And as you can see, I am FRESHLY in the 140s (149.6 to be exact... LOL). But it never hurts to set a goal and keep your eyes on the ball, don't you think? LOL.

~sweetshauna~
Old 06-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Yes! I'm in the low end of the 140s but I have a feeling it'll take a while to break through into the 130s. I was down to 140.8 last week but am back up to 141.6, so who knows how long those pesky 1.6 will want to stick around! I'm trying to up my calories for a few days (to 1500, from 1300) to shake things up a bit, push myself a little harder with exercise and just keep moving along on plan. Here's to seeing the 130s in the near future!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 148/139/130

Height: 5'7"

I was down to 139.0 yesterday, but I'm back up to 141.0 today. I don't understand it. I definitely did not eat 7000 extra calories, and everything else is normal. Why does my body want to hold on to this weight so badly?
StarCarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:59 PM   #5  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

LOL, well I was posting on the 150s thread, but I guess I'm relatively solidly in the 140s now... So maybe I belong on here, now! Though I'm not really trying to get out of the 140s, since 150 was my original goal. But ya never know!

Yesterday I was 147.0 lbs on the dot, but after indulging in a little booze/partying last night, I was up to 147.6 lbs this morning. Hopefully it'll be back down tomorrow!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #6  

StarCarly - I feel your pain! My scale teased me last week with 140.8, but has held steady at 141.2-141.6, even though I've been exercising and eating well every day. And TOM is right around the corner, so it looks like I won't be going anywhere for a while. Just hoping my scale doesn't go up to 142 from water retention

Star2Be - Congrats!!!! I've read some of your posts in other forums and you really are an inspiration! You must feel amazing and be so proud of yourself! You deserve a little booze/indulging, in moderation of course...haha.

Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 06-21-2009, 06:32 PM   #7  
Age Quod Agis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star2Be View Post
Yesterday I was 147.0 lbs on the dot, but after indulging in a little booze/partying last night, I was up to 147.6 lbs this morning. Hopefully it'll be back down tomorrow!
LOL... Ditto for me Star2Be! I went a a party and had lots and lots of booze, cheesecake, and other random party snacks. Surprisingly this morning I was stilll at 149.6, but I have a feeling that last nights indulgence may bring on a mini-stall for a couple of days. But we'll see!

Also, welcome TakingCharge and StarCarly! You ladies are doing great! I'm sure you'll soon be saying sayonara to the 140s in no time at all!

~shauna~

Last edited by sweetshauna; 06-21-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

Haha I'm joining in on this! I was down to 140lbs the day before yesterday, but have bounced up a bit since then I think. Bring on the 130's!!!
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

i feel like kinda a loser cause i'm really not a very disciplined dieter. i've been wallowing in the 140-144 zone for about 3 weeks now (with the exception of last weekend's binge that put me up at 147 for a day or two). i thought i could make it into the 130s this month, but with only a few days left in the month and a major amount of personal and professional stress happening, i just don't think it's in the cards for me. sigh. don't know why i keep sabotaging myself.
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:44 PM   #10  
Age Quod Agis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws19 View Post
i feel like kinda a loser cause i'm really not a very disciplined dieter. i've been wallowing in the 140-144 zone for about 3 weeks now (with the exception of last weekend's binge that put me up at 147 for a day or two). i thought i could make it into the 130s this month, but with only a few days left in the month and a major amount of personal and professional stress happening, i just don't think it's in the cards for me. sigh. don't know why i keep sabotaging myself.
sws, trust me when I say that you are not alone. Dieting (no matter what you call it) is hard. Its so hard that most people who try it fail abysmally. But if you really look at it, you are doing great! You've lost over 30lbs. Thats amazing! Always remember that the wonderful thing about the weight loss journey is that if you get derailed and fall off the wagon, you can always hop right back on and get yourself closer and closer to your goal.

I myself have been in a 4 month rut. But I'm getting myself back on the wagon and heading in for the final stretch. While I hope that it will be smooth sailing from now on, I understand that there may be bumps in the road, and if I do fall off again, all I need to do is pick myself up, dust myself off, and continue the journey.

I'll be sending positive energy your way, and I know you can do it. Heck, you already have! LOL.

~shauna~
Old 06-22-2009, 05:25 PM   #11  
Maintaining ~6 years!

Thank you, TakingCharge! Yeah, I didn't feel too guilty about the little indulgence, since I had been very good all week. And it doesn't appear to have done too much damage (since this time I just had the drinks and skipped the binge that usually follows, LOL!), so it's all good!

sweetshauna - Oooh, cheesecake... I'm a vegan, so I only veeery rarely get to have cheesecake when I come across dairy-free versions, but I can definitely understand the temptation! Hehe. Hopefully neither of us will stall because of our crazy weekends!

sws19 - Don't feel like a loser, girly... There's no way you would have managed to lose ~40 lbs without have any discipline whatsoever, heh, so you must be doing something right! IMHO it's way better to phase yourself into a lifestyle you can actually maintain (but maybe lose a bit more slowly) than to drop weight REALLY quickly because you're putting unrealistic restrictions on what you eat. Some people have lots of success formulating a list of foods that they simply cannot eat under ANY circumstances, but I know I will never be one of those people... I like cake! Haha. Anyways, I'm kind of veering OT, but I'm just saying that it's OK to be human, you know? I hope you won't be too hard on yourself for having the occasional slip-up.

I am back down to 146.6 lbs today, which was a very happy surprise! Glad to see that I got rid of the alcohol water weight. I'm not sure whether I'm going to keep weighing myself daily, though... Now that I'm at/under goal, I think weekly might be better--just to make sure there are no huge gains, heh. How often do you ladies weigh in?

Last edited by Star2Be; 06-22-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #12  

Well, I was back down to 140.4 today, but who knows what the scale will bring tomorrow. It's always an adventure!

sws - Don't be so hard on yourself! Sometimes life just gets in the way, but as long as you pick yourself back up and keep on doing what you've been doing, you'll feel better in no time!

Star2Be - You're losing weight so quickly, even after reaching goal! That's amazing! Have you increased your calories to a maintenance level or just doing the same thing as before to see what happens? I weigh myself every day, but have gotten a teensy bit better about not letting the daily variations get to me. I think it's good to stay accountable, but once a week is prob just as good at this point for you as daily would be.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:56 PM   #13  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

thanks for the encouragement, ladies. it definitely helps to have cheerleaders on the side. i think you just get so in yourself, you kinda can't really see what's going on always. yeah i have lost a lot of weight. it's just very very very slow. this almost 40 lbs is basically over the period since feb 08, though i didn't actually start tracking calories until jan 09. and since then i've lost about 20 lbs. in six months. this is great! twenty pounds! it's just that i see everybody losing so much more dramatically and i feel jealous. but star, you totally hit the nail on the head. i'm doing this in the way that i can do it and is sustainable for me. sometimes, though, i just wonder if i'm being superbly sensible or if i'm just justifying my lack of discipline.
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:57 PM   #14  
Maintaining ~6 years!

^ I vote superbly sensible.

TakingCharge - I'm more or less doing the same thing and just seeing what happens... Since I'm home for the summer now, I have the luxury of being able "eat intuitively" (unlike during the school year when I HAD to eat during my allotted mealtimes, whether I was hungry or not, hehe). Given that, I'm essentially just trying to eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm full, and eat again when I get hungry again! Heh, sounds soooo simple, right? But it's been working well enough, I guess! And yeah, I think I am going to switch to weighing weekly--maybe on Fridays? But I didn't weigh myself today and it's kind of driving me nuts, hehe...
Old 06-24-2009, 12:55 AM   #15  
Age Quod Agis

I'm back up to 154lbs!!! I know I had some wine and lots of cheesecake on Saturday, but hot damn!

While I'm annoyed and slightly disappointed, I am trying not to read too much into it- I mean it happens. However I do feel like I'm hitting a glass ceiling- I've never been able to get below 145lbs when trying to lose weight (this is my third time at this weight- once the summer after I graduated from high school, once the summer after sophomore year, and then now ). Mostly because for some reason or another, this is always the weight where I end up reverting back to my old bad habits.

I do think that my natural body equilibrium can handle being at least in the 135-140lb range, so I am determined to push it and to get there. If I can't reasonably maintain it, then so be it, but I want to at least give it a shot. I still have a few bulges here and there that it would be LOVELY to get rid of! LOL.

Last edited by sweetshauna; 06-24-2009 at 03:09 AM.