Old 06-23-2009, 10:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/119/108

Height: short. :(

Default Does anyone know where I can get Green Juice?

I want to start incorporating it into my lunch. It sounds gross and looks gross but I can't seem to want to pass up the health benefits- as long as there's nothing artificial added to it.

I love eating my veggies and fruits anyway but to get a little extra into my lunches without having to constantly munch on salads would be great- not to mention the cost of buying a variety of fresh produce every trip to the supermarket!

I know Naked Juices are good- no sugar added etc... but I'm more looking for veggie juices- not tomato- like carrot, kale, lettuce, etc. I've even seen chickpea juice but I didn't try it.

Anyone know where I can get this? Whole foods maybe? Maybe a specialty store?
till ur there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:22 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Have you tried making your own? I make green smoothies almost every day. Spinach is the main green but often cucumbers and celery are included, sometimes parsley. Lemon juice and apple are common ingredients but I will mix up what fruit I add like strawberries, blueberries, etc.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/119/108

Height: short. :(

Yeah that's exactly what I want. It's just the cost is so high to buy all the veggies for it and I don't have a juicer. Can I do it without a juicer somehow?
till ur there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:47 PM   #4  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

I can't imagine that buying a juicer and fresh veggies would be more expensive than a lifetime of buying premade and prebottled stuff. I know you say it would save you the cost of the veggies, but veggies, especially the green ones, aren't that expensive. And it'll be way healthier and fresher if you make it yourself. You could probably make a batch once or twice a week and put it in old water bottles.

Probably would look really gross though. Maybe some opaque water bottles?

Last edited by Rebound; 06-23-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:52 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I don't have a juicer, just a good blender. Although I've done green smoothies in my husband's bella cucina (macy's) knock off of the magic bullet (it cost $19). Only downside is it may not get as smooth as a really good blender but its good enough. Also, no it doesn't cost more than buying something premade.

Last edited by nelie; 06-23-2009 at 12:53 PM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote