Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 05:19 PM   #1  
hot mom wanna be!

Lightbulb one week challenge!

Hi all!
I thought I would share with everyone that I am personally on a one week challenge with myself. I have lost 63 pounds but for the past TWO months I havent lost anything. I keep gaining and losing and basically staying the same: lose two, gain two. Lose three, gain three. Staying at 60 lost for two months and its driving me batty that I cant climb over this 60 POUND WALL!!

I told myself that I can stay on program for one week, which for me means keeping my calories between 1800-2000 a day. This may sound like a lot but I know I can lose weight on it. This is my day one for this little tiny challenge. I feel like if I can make it this week without slip ups, I will try another weekly challenge until I get to 70 pounds! One week at a time. It doesnt seem so overwhelming to me that way.

anyone else care to join me in this mini-session??

laura
313/250.5/160

ps-day one so far, so good only have had 1000 calories so far!
Old 10-26-2002, 08:53 PM   #2  
Catwoman

Smile

I got a new diet cd yesterday and it says if I eat 1600 cals per day with 36 mins of walking a day I will lose 2 pounds in a week. Im going to aim for 1600-1800 cals per day and 30-60 mins walking per day. I really want to break into 20 pounds plus weight loss. So I'm up for the challenge
Congratulations on 60 pounds Laura, even if you just have been maintaining its so kewl youve done so well. Stick with your plan and youll be losing more in no time. I dont believe in diets of 1200 cals I just find that too hard to keep up day to day. It's better to be on something doable and lose slowly then to be on a strict diet and give up after a week.
Good luck

Kitty

p.s I walking one hour first thing this morning so have gotten a good start so far for the day
Old 10-27-2002, 09:14 AM   #3  
hot mom wanna be!

Hi Kitty!
Thanks for joining in with me! I figure if I can just do this for one week, then why not two, etc? Instead of focusing on the big picture I will just focus on seven days to start. I did well yesterday, I had 1800 calories. Your 1600-1800 sounds great along with the exercise. That is the one thing I have never stuck too! I used to tell myself I would when I got halfway to my goal (which is only 15 pounds or so to go!) what will my excuse be then?
I am gonna garden today and try to get in a walk.
I agree 1200 is too low. It is ok if you weigh 100 pounds or something! But for me I KNOW my body would go into shock! That would really lower my metabolism too low. We dont want short term results, we want long term!

Thanks for the congrats, sometimes I kind of think it isnt a big deal since I have been doing this so long, but still, it beats gaining weight during the same time! Congrats to you too! Just think of how great we will look this holiday season!!

anyone else care to join in? Its only day two, but can be day one for you!

laura
Old 10-27-2002, 01:55 PM   #4  
Work in progress

Hi Laura and Kitty

First I have to say looking at your stats...you are both doing such amazingly good jobs. You give me such inspiration.

Second I am in 100%. I can't weigh myself though due to technical difficulties but I'm not going to let that stop me. I am committing myself now...to 7 days of healthy eating and exercise one day at a time.

I failed at the 28 day challenge...but I'm not going to let that discourage me from giving my whole heart and mind to this daily challenge.

Take care!
Old 10-28-2002, 07:30 PM   #5  
hot mom wanna be!

Thanks KimPet! It's always good to get an "atta girl"! I am glad you are gonna join us too!

How are ya'll doing so far? This is day three for me, so far so good.
I had 1800 two days in a row. I think it will be 1900 today but that is GREAT compared to what I have been doing lately!!
oh-and I have lost a half pound so far on this challenge!

we can do this!
laura
313/250/160
Old 10-29-2002, 10:35 AM   #6  

Coming from someone who has had a roller coaster ride from **** this past 6 months...count me in!

Rememeber..after a great loss...you're body needs to adjust a little. Yes, I agree..it's very frustrating after a 2 month span though.

I think sometimes we all just need a little strict kick...

I started yesterday..and did great.

Old 10-29-2002, 07:04 PM   #7  
hot mom wanna be!

Alright Jen!! I am glad you are gonna jump in here! I think you are right about your body needing an adjustment time when you lose a lot. With me though- I pretty much lost 30, kept if off a long time, lost about ten more, then kept it off a few more months, then lose more, etc.. at this rate it's gonna take 4 years to get to goal!
I guess even if it did, it's still better than losing real fast and then gaining it back real fast, huh?

It is bazaar to me, but knowing that I have to report sticking to this one week challenge has really helped. Several times today I REALLY wanted to eat some major junk, I stopped myself though and thought "do you really want to admit you cant even stay on program even for a few days??" That did it, I snapped out of it!!

So far so good...day 4 for me and doing fine!!

how about KimPet and Kitty? are you guys ok?

laura
Old 10-29-2002, 08:29 PM   #8  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

Wow, you guys rock! Losing 60 pounds, that is outstanding! Is your plan like counting calories and fat grams? I'm trying to settle into an official plan. . .I have been on Suzanne Somers before, and seemed to do okay on that for the most part.

I work in a church and these folks love a good potluck (and man, can they cook!) It's so hard to be at these events when I'm expected to, but still try to be on a program!

Congratulations on everyone's success!!!

*smiles* irishwings
Old 10-30-2002, 09:23 AM   #9  
hot mom wanna be!

hi Irish Wings!
For the most part, I have lost this by just counting calories. I allow myself 2000 a day. This usually means my fat grams are fairly low too. Why waste calories on something that wont fill you up? I may only eat 1800 but I know I can have up to 2000 if I want. I know it may sound high but I still lose on it, so why starve on 1200? I know as I lose I will have to lower the calories when I quit losing as much, but thats ok. I dont want to make my metabolism crash by thinking I am starving myself to death! Along the way I dabbled with Atkins, but only for a month. I still eat fairly low carb compared to how I was before. Not as much bread and rice etc...

Well my challenge is paying off! I weighed in @ 249 this morning. About a week ago I was 252 and when this challenge started I was 250.5 so it's working. Maybe I will do another one week challenge when this one is over. Short term goals really seem to work for me.

hows everyone else??
laura
313/249/243- (70 lbs) turkey day goal
Old 10-30-2002, 10:31 AM   #10  

Well..it's day 3 for me and I have absolutly no desire in falling off this wagon. I feel much better this week. My water has been great and am eating right. I have so much energy. last week I had lunch with hershey..you would think I'd be energized. I went home and crahed after work. Now..am eating right and drinking my water and feel good. I will weigh tomorrow morning because I will be having a couple of beers tomorrow night. I haven't weighed in a bit..so whatever it says I won't be bummed.

I too plan on startin another week challenge. So much easier when you go week by week.

lorelei..GOOD for you for the loss!!!! Woohoooo!!!

Old 10-30-2002, 10:46 AM   #11  

Okay, I'm going to join in on this. I had a big loss last week & for some reason instead of motivating me, I kind of took it as a sign that I can slack a bit. Does that happen to anyone else? Instead of the loss pushing me on, I think "Oh, I did so well, I deserve a little snack!" Anyway, journaling has been my biggest issue the past few days (particularly since the last 28 day challenge ended! It is amazing how that kept me on track!). So, I'm going to work hard to be OP, starting today, specifically with journaling. I don't really have a problem with water (I've always been a big water drinker), but it's the writing down every single bite that's starting to creep up on me. And I want to get it in check before it get's too out of control, kwim?

Anyway, so I'm in! I'll probably post every day to just keep myself accountable (hope I don't bore people!)
Old 10-31-2002, 11:02 AM   #12  

Kayla..How could possibly bore us??

Never.

well..I've made it to day 4 without one piece of chocolate, without one piece of candy, one cupcake, one nothing! I feel SO good! I will work something in today...but since I am surrounded by goodies..I will keep it to a small small small treat. I know myself and know I could spend my entire afternoon eating everything. Going home and feeling awful. So..I am going to eat like am skinny. Someone said that before..

let's eat like were skinny. lol

How's everyone else?

Oh yeah..I had a nice steak and salad last night. YUM and on plan!

Old 11-01-2002, 06:30 PM   #13  
hot mom wanna be!

I am so glad you guys have joined me and are doing well too!
Good job Jenniffer! woo hoo!

I tell you just telling yourself you can do it just for a week really seems to work. If you cant even stay on program for a week than how can you expect to keep it up forever?

This ends my first week today and I stuck it out. Yesterday I may have had 200 calories over my limit. Some days I ate less so it balanced out. I will weigh in tommorow to see the official results of this stick to it attitude!

happy weekend all!
laura
Old 11-02-2002, 02:12 PM   #14  
hot mom wanna be!

Unhappy no loss this morning!

I was hoping to report some great weight loss, but nope it stayed the same. It's funny, sometimes I will do well but my weight stays the same for days then boom! I lose a pound or so. Very weird but-oh well! What can I do but stick it out?? So this is day one of my NEW one week challenge. If I see a loss tommorow I will report it!
happy weekend "challengers"!
laura
Old 11-03-2002, 08:59 AM   #15  
hot mom wanna be!

Wow, this is a slow weekend at the 100 pound club! I do have an update! Down a pound! I figured it finally would happen if I hung in there long enough! Day two for this "one week challenge". Looking back like I said before, a week ago Thursday (about 10 days ago) I was at 252 and now am at 248! I shouldnt be so impatient I guess

hope you all are doing well too!
laura
313/248/243 turkey day goal
Closed Thread