Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/240/175

Height: 5'7

Default Hi, Im new here and had a quick question

im moving back to NY in early November, I weigh 240, would it be reasonable to get down to 190-200 by then? Thanks in advance!
PaniniHeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:45 PM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaniniHeff View Post
im moving back to NY in early November, I weigh 240, would it be reasonable to get down to 190-200 by then? Thanks in advance!
Staying perfectly on plan, you might be able to lsoe 40-50 lbs by November. Why not work toward that goal and be thrilled with whatever progress you make ?

CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #3  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hi there, and welcome!
I think it depends on the program that you choose. There are programs that will result in the kind of weight loss you are looking for, but unfortunately, they usually don't involve changing your lifestyle. They just super-restrict calories, and you lose weight. The problem then becomes how to continue on with a "real" life and how to maintain what you've done. I don't think any of these programs offer a realistic maintenance plan, from what I've researched.

IF you want to change your life (as lots of us have), then a little more time and patience and a structured eating program and exercise plan (when you are ready for exercise!) is the key to long-term success. I think, at 240lbs (not far from where I started), and on an eating plan, you could reasonably lose 1-2 lbs per week. So, with about 18 weeks, you could (and I say COULD) be down anywheres from 18 to 36 lbs. Realistically, if you were down 29 lbs, you'd be doing well. Which is CLOSE to the 200lb target. And DOABLE...

And this way you'll be well on your way to a new LIFE, instead of a new temporary wardrobe...

Hope this helps!
Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 06-22-2009 at 09:47 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:25 AM   #4  

Hello! Welcome here. I think you can get you goal if you work hard.
sindy9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

Possible, especially if you lose a lot in the first few weeks but maybe a little unrealistic. In that time length at your weight sticking to plan I'd hope to lose about 16-32 lb - roughly 1-2lb a week assuming 16 weeks. 32lb is a very good amount of weight loss in that time and even that will mean sticking well to plan.
I'm about the same weight as you and will be sooooooo :c arrot: if I manage to lose another 32lb by then but will also be very very happy with 16lb more lost by then.
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:06 AM   #6  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

10 lbs a month is doable...you will probably lose more at the beginning and then slow down as you lose. This is only if you were to stay POP and work hard.

Like CountingDown said, Why not work toward that goal and be thrilled with whatever progress you make ?
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:04 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I was just thinking, it's funny kind of, in all of my previous "diet" attempts, the ones prior to my current big lifestyle change, I always wondered "Well, I want to get to this and this number by this and this time - can I, can I, can I?". And I never STUCK to those "diets". Had I just stuck with one of them, I never would have had to think those thoughts again. I had wasted soooo much time, decades in fact, eating poorly and not doing much to get to those goals, why all of a sudden was it so urgent to me?

Anyway, this time, I was done dieting, decided to overhaul my eating behaviors and habits and really, really adhere to a healthy eating/exercising plan, never really thought seriously about when I would reach "the final goal", and the weight came off steadily and much "quicker" then I ever imagined it could.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe goals are important, something to shoot for and strive for. Saying I want to lose weight is not enough. It's like, yeah, hellloo, well, when do you want to lose weight? Down the road sometime or NOW? I believe when you have a goal, it then forces you to MAKE A PLAN OF ACTION to see it through. Otherwise it's just some open-ended dream.

So for me, my goal - was to adhere to that healthy eating/exercising plan, no matter what - and then everything else fell into place. Well actually, everything pretty much fell off of all my places . But having that goal of *just* eating healtlhy and exercising, day in and day out, day after day - THAT goal and that goal alone took care of the time frame. Besides, the only way to not get to your *final* weight goal number, is if you STOP those good eating behaviors. So if you don't STOP, then you will get to those final goal numbers.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 06-23-2009 at 07:14 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:38 AM   #8  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

How much have you lost so far? It really depends on where you began. If you have been on a plan for the last several months and have lost a great deal of weight already then I'd say it will be nearly impossible. What plan are you following? When did you start?
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote