Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 09:23 AM   #1  
hot mom wanna be!

Default What would you give to be thin for good?

I read this survey in November's Lady's Home Journal. They did a survey and one of the questions was "Would you give up a year of your life if you could be at your ideal weight forever?
57% of single women said yes they would!
overall 52% all the women surveyed would be willing to give up the year. Single women were the most willing and moms the least, but on average over half would!

Of course it's just a question, but it made me think. We act like being at our ideal weight is something we can't really do. I know that I am the reason I am at this weight. Nobody force fed me! If I want to be at my ideal weight, I can if I work at it hard enough, and maybe, once I get there it will ADD years to my life.

what do you think?

laura
Old 10-27-2002, 05:22 PM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I would say no, I wouldn't give one day to be thin. I love the people in my life and want to be with them for as long as I can!!

That being said...how many days, weeks, years am I throwing away because I am so overweight. If I wouldn't give up 1 day to be thin, why would I give up so many days to be fat? When being fat is what I hate. I have no real health issues now, but I am not getting any younger and I'm sure they are coming. How much better would my body be able to handle what will come my way if I was at a healthy weight and strong and feeding it the proper nutrients. Rather than at 287 (maybe, we'll see tomorrow) and eating junk and sitting on my butt.
Old 10-27-2002, 09:01 PM   #3  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Laura and Sandi, what you guys wrote really made me think! Excellent comments! I've never thought about it from that perspective before! That's really a really powerful thought, the fact that every day I stay in the behavior that keeps me overweight, it's like giving away 1 day of the future life I want to "someday" have.

The one time I was successful at losing a significant amount of weight, i had one of those "lightning bolt" moments where I looked in the mirror and suddenly had to do something. Now I weigh much more than my original top weight, but I haven't been able to really dig deep inside and find the discipline and the enthusiasm. I can't seem to even get tough with myself sometimes.

But there is always a reason to be encouraged! When that sun rises tomorrow morning, it is a new day! What is that old saying, A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step! I know what I need to do, and for every day that I do it, I get just that much closer to health and happiness!

Bless you guys! I can relate to what you've said!

*Smiles* irishwings
Old 10-28-2002, 04:50 PM   #4  

Ok, I don't know if I would be willing to give up a year of my life to be my ideal weight forever, but I would give up the whole left side of me !! tee hee!
Old 10-29-2002, 01:19 PM   #5  

Lost a big ole post! Err!

I have found myself many, many, many times trying to bargain and work out a deal with the weightloss fairy. I have been so desperate I would have shaved my head, tattooed my forehead and yes...given up some of my precious time. Would I give up a year? Yes. But I know it's impossible. If it was, maybe I wouldn't say yes.

Would I give up anything in the world? Yes. Not friends or family. But any possession or food in the world.

Old 10-29-2002, 04:04 PM   #6  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I would be willing to stay my natural hair colour for the rest of my life if I could be my ideal weight

Dana
Old 10-29-2002, 04:48 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

LMAO!! Dana, you are too funny!!!
Old 10-29-2002, 06:51 PM   #8  
hot mom wanna be!

I agree that natural haircolor comment was too funny! Can I stay 10 pounds over ideal and keep the hair color? I would give up my nail salon visits though!

Irishwings-thanks!!

laura
Old 10-29-2002, 08:20 PM   #9  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

You're welcome Laura!

I go to the nail salon too! That's the one (non-caloric) luxury I allow
myself . . .it's so relaxing and makes you feel pampered! I always like getting a French manicure. . .but to be at my ideal weight I would indeed give it up!

LOL about natural hair color. . .I vote a "Me Too!" on that one also!

Ya'll brighten my day! *smiles* irishwings
Old 10-31-2002, 10:59 AM   #10  

This is fun..lmao..

I'd give up shaving my legs!

Okay..I'd wax or pluck or something..but it sounded good. lmao

Old 10-31-2002, 11:53 AM   #11  
Losin It For GOOD!

Ok - well I won't give back my haircolor boxes, and I won't give up my razor - but I would give up my enormous boobs! and settle for a size A cup to be my dream weight.
Closed Thread