View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default !Hola! I'm back!

Hi all, how are you all doing?!?

I'm back and I had a good time! It was hot, 30 - 33 degrees most days but not humid, so bareable.
I had fun practising my Spanish and now plan to retire to Spain - but everywhere I go, I fall in love with and plan to retire there, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

I'm very fond indeed of the Dear Friend I went with but he is prone to tantrums. However, this time I didn't have to pretend to be unphased, I had stax of self-confidence and just thought, what a twit, and waited it out.

I think I ate sensibly and well. Lots of glorious fresh fruit, much better than we can get here. Salads too, though veggies seemed hard to come by. I don't drink generally (one glass and I'm cheerful, two glasses and I'm asleep, it's a fine line that's not worth the calories) so mostly had water. Una agua con gaz, por favor. The odd ice cream crept in, so it was probably as well I only had the 8 days! It was not a penance, looking for 'suitable' food, I found it exciting to have the option to choose healthy options.

I'm quite water-logged though, despite the compressions socks, so may leave it a couple of days to weigh in.

Cuppa tea now, and catch up on all the posts I've missed.

Oh, and the opera was absolutely spectacular!

Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote