Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-21-2009, 09:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Motivations back

Well yesterday I had a little bit of an off day. I over ate and was feeling like giving up. I had a bad day at work and just wanted to eat and I couldnt believe I let it get the best of me. I am so glad I got over that today. I ate fine today and am looking forward to my work outs. It's hard getting back on the horse after you fall. But luckily I did. I just need to remember that things like that happen sometimes and I shouldn't just give up and do even worse. I should just do a little better (or a lot) next time. Just don't give up. I keep picturing myself looking healthy and fit and it gets me excited and motivated. It's gonna happen one day.
abetterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:57 PM   #2  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

You know, I was listening to an old Jillian Michaels podcast today and she had an analogy for these moments that really struck me: If you're driving a car and you get a flat, what do you do? Do you decide to cut all your other tires? Or do you fix your tire and get on with your trip?

Sounds like you fixed your tire and moved on!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:50 PM   #3  

Kelsy-that is the perfect attitude! When we fall we have to get right back up, brush off and keep on going.

Lisa-love that analogy. When you look at it that way, it puts a whole new spin on things!

I had a great week but feel like I have blown it by a really bad weekend. But, I'm gonna pump up that flat tire and get going on my journey again. We can do it, one-day-at-time.

Pooh ; )
Pooh63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

yeah that is a great analogy. :-) it makes perfect sense! I just finished working out and I feel great and can't wait to do it again tomorrow!
abetterme is offline   Reply With Quote