Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-21-2009, 01:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Second crappy day. Feel like such a loser :-(

I posted this morning with the hope that today would be a better day than yesterday for eating healthy. I was wrong. I went to work and was okay for a little bit but then I just gave in and ate what I shouldn't have. I wish I could have read all of the encouraging posts that I had on my morning thread this morning, but I had to work. So I read them tonight and trying to take this mornings encouragement for right now, and for the duration of this diet.
I weighed 215 about 5 yrs ago and I have been where I am weight wise for quite some time. It's hard to remember how it felt to lose those first 30 lbs because it seemed like forever ago. I have to be at work at 6 in the morning tomorrow and I will make it a point to look at my replies to keep me motivated. Thank you guys for all the kind, encouraging words. They really mean a lot and help.

My next weigh day is this monday. I hope I lost at least 1 lb...
abetterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:33 AM   #2  
Night Shift chickie!

S/C/G: 189/159.6/150

Height: 5'6

maybe you should start out with smaller goals/accomplishments. sounds like youre not improving by beating yourself up, or else day 2 would have been a success. if youre just starting out, maybe a whole day is too overwhelming. start by making one good choice and be proud of that accomplishment. then focus on another good choice, and another and another. if you slip up and eat a piece of junk food at work, thats done, you already ate it, but you can make the next snack/meal better.

hey, i went to mcdonalds tonight. i just couldnt resist the urge. nothing in my fridge looked good to me. i could have made a salad, but i really wanted to sink my teeth into a grilled chicken sandwich. so i brought it home, scraped off the mayo, loaded it up with some veggies that i like, and enjoyed it. sure it wasnt as diet friendly as a salad or egg white omelet, but it was a vast improvement on what my mc d's outing used to be. and im okay with that.

a bunch of little improvements can add up to a big life change. please dont lose hope. you can beat this.
sassybangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:01 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey21 View Post
I posted this morning with the hope that today would be a better day than yesterday for eating healthy. I was wrong. I went to work and was okay for a little bit but then I just gave in and ate what I shouldn't have.
WARNING SOME TOUGH LOVE AHEAD:

Seems to me that instead of hoping for a better day, you need to WORK towards and FOR a better day. You need to PLAN for a better day. Start by requiring MORE from yourself. Stop settling for foods and behaviors that don't make you happy, that don't get you towards your goals. Because it seems to me, that "eating like this" does NOT provide you with happiness. I think you must decide, once and for all what it is that you want the MOST , the very, very MOST - "those foods" or the weight loss. Since there is no way on earth that you can have them both, and you MUST come to terms with that, you therefore have got to decide - it's one or the other. Which is it going to be?

Stop giving yourself permission to push it off till "tomorrow". Yesterday was TODAY's tomorrow. I hope that made sense. Start doing what is required TODAY. Today, right this minute and the next minute and the next. There will be many choices to make during the course of a "today". You need to continually keep on making the right ones.

Okay, back to the planning. What is your plan? Do you have a plan or do you just wing it? Because eating healthy, won't happen on it's own. It must be mapped out and planned IN ADVANCE. So make yourself a good HEALTHY, delicious eating plan - decide ahead of time what and where all your meals and snacks will be and stick to that sucker like GLUE. Like GLUE. Bring your own foods with you to work and make it a strict rule that you will ONLY eat foods that you bring in yourself. Don't leave the door open to should I, shouldn't I? ooh maybe I can just try this one bite and so on and so on. Make it a rule, a LAW. Don't make it an option to go "off plan".

No more being discouraged, be ENCOURAGED. Get excited about the changes that you are going to make and the wonderful transformation that you and you only CAN make happen. This is within your power. Losing weight is a doable thing and you too CAN do it. You hold the strings. You don't have to be overweight if you don't want to be. Life is too short to be waiting for tomorrow. Before you know it you can tomorrow away half your life (I surely did). Today is as good a day as any. Seize the day! Make the very most of it and be all that you can be.

You can turn it around. First post: "Today was my first day on plan" Next post: "Today was my second day on plan." And before you know it, you'll be stringing together on-plan day after on-plan day and the tide will turn and you will be more then well on to your way to realizing your hopes and dreams.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 06-21-2009 at 07:09 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/200/145

Height: 5'7"

Hon,

I would really suggest that you investigate the others replies. Spot on. This is something that you should be proud of, not seeing it as a horrible thing.

Consider being overwight as something like a POW. We all are POW's of weight. Weight has control of us and we need to escape. If you were a POW, wouldnt you fight like heck to get free? Not give up? Same thing here hon. (And this is in no way trying to minimize or be disrespectful to any who may have actually been a POW. Had to add the clause:-)

You are fighting the long fight for yourself: Health, Self Image/Worth, Family, Longivity.

Keep your chin up hon. It's so worth it.
sexybak96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Everyone made valid points. Yesterday I was just depressed and feeling sorry for myself and decided to eat. It was a bad move on my part. Today I did well and I am proud of myself. I passed up the temptations. I can't wait to get back in my workouts tonight.
abetterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #6  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Yay, good news!!! See!!! You really CAN do this!!!!!!!!!!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote