Old 06-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #1  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Default Kinda freaking out...

One of the big reasons why I made sure I tried to lose the weight was to ride roller coasters. Now, last year, I went to Kings Island and it was great. All the ease, no worry, and lots of clicks. But now my hips (problem area), are 54 inches. I've only lost an inch this year because of lack of exercise. I'm just worried I won't fit into the rides this next weekend (UK weekend, super cheap). I know I can't lose any inches in a week. I'm afraid and that fear may prevent me from going by "being sick" all of the sudden (I do that a lot when I'm scared). I don't want this to be a day ending in tears. As much as I love my boyfriend, I know if such a situation happened, he wouldn't understand and tell me to stop being a baby

Also, how do I plan to eat well at an amusement park?

Last edited by Daimere; 06-20-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:29 PM   #2  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

For the meal planning at the amusement park, so you have a rental car, etc that you can bring? I know when I go to Great America we bring a cooler with lunch and drinks. Not only is it better for you, it's a lot cheaper!

Good luck with the amusement park, I'm sure you'll be fine.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:43 PM   #3  
Hooping my Life Away

Every time we go they actually search your stuff for food you are bring into the park. We are taking my boyfriend's car.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:57 PM   #4  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hey, you had a great time last year. And this year you are an inch smaller. So I think it'll go just fine.
As for food, well, I don't know what they serve out there. Just do your best and drink lots of water.
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:59 PM   #5  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

i know here, your not allowed to take outside food in..but we are lucky cause 2 ove my children have celiac, so we are allowed to take in fresh fruit and veggies, as a dietary requirment.

i would suggest going off site for lunch..its a hard one

have fun

ang
canadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 318.9/ticker/165

Height: 6'

Growing up we used to sneak food into parks by packing it in tampon boxes.
Skinnycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #7  
Closed

"Yes, officer. These ARE Italian dressing-scented tampons. That box over there is another new fragrance -- peach yogurt..."

Seriously, I love the idea!
Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 06-20-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:16 PM   #8  
Hooping my Life Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramira View Post
Hey, you had a great time last year. And this year you are an inch smaller. So I think it'll go just fine.
As for food, well, I don't know what they serve out there. Just do your best and drink lots of water.
Kira
I had a great time last year because I was an at least 15+ inches smaller all over my body. I gained half my weight back and my inches are very similar to my beginning inches.

Last edited by Daimere; 06-20-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:17 PM   #9  
Hooping my Life Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnycow View Post
Growing up we used to sneak food into parks by packing it in tampon boxes.
OMG. That is brilliant. Unfortunately, I don't use tampons anymore (go cup!) but I might still have a box.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:24 PM   #10  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Just go. What's the worst that can happen? You can't ride some of the rides. Embarrassing, maybe. Frustrating, sure. But you can still enjoy yourself with your friends and boyfriend.

As far as the food, the tampon box idea is the best one I've ever heard!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #11  
Closed

Sorry! I misunderstood your first post ...

Kira
Old 06-20-2009, 11:39 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

If you're talking about the KI in Mason, OH (which I'm assuming you are!) then I don't think you should be worried about fitting in the rides! I was able to fit in all the rides I wanted to go on when I was at my highest weight (around 275). And, when I went earlier this year, the guards at the gates only looked in my bag...didn't really search it, so I was able to sneak in snacks by hiding them at the bottom of my bag!!

Go, enjoy, have fun!! And ride Diamondback...it's AWESOME!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:40 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I LOVE the tampon box idea! Hopefully, KI has a place where you could get a kid's hamburger or kid's meal - that wouldn't be too too big. If you bring in a shoulder purse - perhaps you could put snacks in the bottom. If you get caught...tell them you are a diabetic and need to eat certain foods to keep your blood sugar level. (I did that once when I snuck healthy food into a movie theatre)

I have a funny story about KI. I grew up in Cleveland - and it wasn't until two years ago that I had reason to go to Cinci. Well, I was driving down the street and I saw the sign for being right at KI. Well, my whole life (50+ years) I assumed that King's Island was on an Island. I was flabbergasted to see it's not. Isn't that silly! You see I grew near the park, Cedar Point - and well, there was a 'point' at Cedar Point, jutting into Lake Erie. So, I figured King's Island was on an Island. I guess I was being literal.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:19 AM   #14  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimere View Post
One of the big reasons why I made sure I tried to lose the weight was to ride roller coasters. Now, last year, I went to Kings Island and it was great. All the ease, no worry, and lots of clicks. But now my hips (problem area), are 54 inches. I've only lost an inch this year because of lack of exercise. I'm just worried I won't fit into the rides this next weekend (UK weekend, super cheap). I know I can't lose any inches in a week. I'm afraid and that fear may prevent me from going by "being sick" all of the sudden (I do that a lot when I'm scared). I don't want this to be a day ending in tears. As much as I love my boyfriend, I know if such a situation happened, he wouldn't understand and tell me to stop being a baby

Also, how do I plan to eat well at an amusement park?
From reading the accessibility info on KI, it looks like if you're around 225, you should be fine. Those extra four pounds won't make that much difference. If you were 235 or 240, they might. They have a section in the pamphlet on "Guests of Exceptional Size" that gives some guidelines. They even have some rides where you can go to the exit area and sit in a sample chair/restraint to see if you fit before you get in a long line. Now THAT's a good idea! Kudos for the park on doing that. I've never seen that sort of service before.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:29 AM   #15  
Hooping my Life Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy View Post
I LOVE the tampon box idea! Hopefully, KI has a place where you could get a kid's hamburger or kid's meal - that wouldn't be too too big. If you bring in a shoulder purse - perhaps you could put snacks in the bottom. If you get caught...tell them you are a diabetic and need to eat certain foods to keep your blood sugar level. (I did that once when I snuck healthy food into a movie theatre)

I have a funny story about KI. I grew up in Cleveland - and it wasn't until two years ago that I had reason to go to Cinci. Well, I was driving down the street and I saw the sign for being right at KI. Well, my whole life (50+ years) I assumed that King's Island was on an Island. I was flabbergasted to see it's not. Isn't that silly! You see I grew near the park, Cedar Point - and well, there was a 'point' at Cedar Point, jutting into Lake Erie. So, I figured King's Island was on an Island. I guess I was being literal.
I LOVE Cedar Point. I might be going in August and I feel better about that because I can at least lose a few inches by then. Cedar Point is where I first couldn't fit in rides. I was with my father who is a robot basically. I'm sitting there alone waiting for them to get off. I'm bawling my eyes out and a stranger is comforting me. My dad was near and just stood there. I waited I think 4 hours till I could get on one ride and my dang boobs were too big for that roller coaster. I also couldn't fit into milinum force (can't spell) and another one.