Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-18-2009, 03:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Over the 3 day hump..but day off's are hard

So it's day 4 and things are getting easier. I think I have lost inches but I havn't weighed myself yet. I only want to weigh in once a week. But it's my second day off from work today and usually this would be the perfect opportunity to eat what I want and not work out. Luckily, yesterday was also my day off and I worked out a lot and didn't eat too badly. I was having stomach growls at night after I had already eaten dinner and all I wanted to do was snack on things. I resisted for the most part. The worst thing I had was a piece of toast with a lil butter, cinnamon and sugar on it. At least I didn't go to DQ like my fiance wanted. Diet soda seemed to curb the pains a little bit as I was drinking them, and I know that it's not all that great for you, but I was desperate not to overeat. I think today will be better and that I won't have as much late night food cravings that I had yesterday. Anyone have any advice for not eating when you're not really hungry?
abetterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:51 PM   #2  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

I've been struggling with hunger pangs this week and unfortunately, giving in.

BUT, I do consider it a victory, as you do, not to be indulging in the same stuff we used to, or at least the same amounts (which were just sick for me).

When it comes to hunger, I usually find the feeling passes. The less I ate at night, the less hungry and more able to deal with the tinges I did have I became. Tea was a big help. Cup of herbal tea and surfing around 3FCs pretty much constantly.

I know some of the ladies have recommended saving calories for a later snack.

For the most part, it's the old advice -- drink some water, find ANYTHING to do, and wait it out. If you're still hungry, make a better choice and move on.

Congrats on making it to day 4.

Last edited by chickiegirl; 06-18-2009 at 06:40 PM.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:00 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Drink water, have a small 100 calorie pack of popcorn (that's actually a LOT of popcorn).

Sometimes we mistake thirst for hunger- so first drink a glass of water- if after 15 minutes you are still hungry grab that popcorn (or whatever) and also drink it with a large glass of water

I find with time the nighttime munchies went away
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #4  

Awesome tips! Im gonna try it. Good thinking ladies! :-) Luckily I do hav herbal tea so that might help.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:12 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Have you posted anywhere what you ARE eating? Could be that's why you feel hungry. What's your target for calories, or however you are tracking?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #6  

Well I try to eat what I have on hand healthy wise. For lunch today I had tuna. Tonight we're having chicken for dinner. Yesterday I had avacado/tomato/jalepeno on pita bread for lunch. I don't exactly count calories because Im not good at it. But I do eat in smaller portions now. I do look at the calorie content before I eat it though. Im tight on money right now so I can't buy a whole huge thing of healthy food for myself at the moment.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:01 PM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Sounds like you're doing OK. Making sure you have an evening snack (reasonable) seems like a workable approach.

I'd suggest that you keep a food diary, so that you can see what you're eating--even if you don't count calories, etc. That way if you have a problem, you can list what you are eating in a typical day here, so folks can see it and maybe give feedback (if you ask for it!).

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #8  
Operator265

If you can afford you might want to get a nutritional food scale. They are about $40 at most department stores. I got mine at Target. It gives you the same breakdown on foods as you get off the label on packaged foods. That way you learn what an individual piece of fruit or veggie has in it. Surprised me to find out that even apples could be super-sized.

Anyhow, I feel that scale has been one of the biggest eye openers for me and has really been a major factor in learning what a proper portion is.