South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 06:08 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wonderful & Wild Wednesday Warblings

Well, it's a bit of a reach to be alliterative every day! I see it's going to be Wonderfully sunny and I may buy myself something wild when I'm in town this morning. Maybe a new gardening hat.

It's mammo day and the "girls" and I have to be there by 8:10. Commuter traffic means the drive to town will take longer than the usual half hour so I'll have to leave earlier. After the squish I'll go to pick out a new tub and surround. I have always hated the surround in the upstairs bath - gray plastic in a vanilla coloured room. The tub is old and hard to clean so..... There goes part of the tax refund!

Donna comes to clean this morning after being away for two months. I'm hoping she can manage and doesn't stress her ankle because I sure can use her. The dogs will be just delighted to see her - I think it has to do with all the treats she gives them. Disney has lost two pounds since D's been off.

This afternoon I hope to do more planting. The lawn guys come but they manage to do all the cutting in under a half hour. They are just amazing! The three of them arrive and just get right to it. One guy practically runs with the mower.

Sit and chat a bit before I hit the shower. Note to Self: Remember no deodorant.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:28 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ruth, hope you and the girls have fun getting "hugged" today...
gotta take care of those ta-tas! sure the planting will be more fun!

I have to spend today getting ready for a long road trip. I HATE riding in a car for hour after hour and need to find some mags/movies etc. to keep me awake while my husband is driving. We will also have a dog with us that we are bringing to my sister (she fell in love with the pup over Christmas!) How does one keep a dog entertained for 17 hours???? Maybe she can just eat the magazines when I'm done with them. (the dog, NOT my sister!)

Fixed a huge pot of squash/vadillia onions/mushrooms yesterday. Just cooked them down with lots of seasoning and cayenne...I had to go back for another bowl after dinner. Love those vidallias! I need to buy a bunch of bags of them to chop and freeze for when they are gone.

Have a great day everyone!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 06-17-2009 at 06:42 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! Wild and Wonderful are the words of the day! It's Wednesday, and we've made it through the hardest part of the week, so we have nothing to complain about, right?

Ruth, the no deodorant rule is the reason I always schedule my mammo for first thing in the morning. I had mine last month, but my gyn. appt. is coming up soon. Ugh, that's the one I don't look forward to. Will your new tub be installed in time for my visit? I'll be happy to break it in for you!

It's a cool and cloudy day here, but that seems to be the norm for this year. I have to get over to the girls extra early this morning, but I'll get them busy working on their school workbooks and piano practice while I get some things done. That should give them plenty of time to go for a trail ride before their last gymnastics classes later this afternoon.

I had Swiss chard for the first time that I know of for supper last night, and I fell in love with it immediately. I braised it in olive oil with chickpeas and lots of garlic, and some red pepper flakes. I'm looking forward to leftovers tonight!

Cat, where are you traveling to? That's a long time to be in the car! Have a safe trip.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 06-17-2009 at 06:40 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:44 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Ruth - Sounds like another busy day. Nice to have gardening to look forward to after the running around

Cat - Ugh, super long drive. I'm usually the driver for trips so fill my iPod with audiobooks, podcasts and music I like to sing along with. Sometimes I just need to belt out Jefferson Airplane (with the windows up, of course!).

A mellow day in the office today. Yesterday I was out and about most of the day so today is definitely paperwork and catch-up. I also need to do some July scheduling so I'm on the road as much as possible. The sun is coming and I will definitely get out at lunchtime to walk. I've had a hard time walking at lunch since the layoff because that's something bff and I always planned together. I just need to get back into it and get moving.

I had a wretched food day yesterday so today is strictly by the book, no variations at all. We went to the Middle Eastern restaurant for lunch. Everything was legal but I ate everything on my plate Then when I got back to the office someone had brought homemade rhubarb crisp and a spoonful turned into a bowl turned into binging all afternoon. I guess the sugar and fat (butter) are clearly triggers for me. I won't do that again! Today it's all about the veggies and beans and lean protein.

If I get that walk in at lunchtime I can squeeze some gardening in tonight. Definitely a good idea!

Hope your hump day is quick and painless

ETA - Cottage I adore swiss chard. It's actually really good with eggs mixed in and in a frittata too. I hope to find some at the Farmer's Market today

Last edited by CyndiM; 06-17-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:44 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, going to North Carolina to stay with my Mom so my sister and her husband can go on a little get away together. Luckily my sons are both staying here to care for the other dogs.

Cyndi, I "LOVE me" some Jefferson Airplane too!! Reminds me of a dorm in college for some reason. Guess it's cause one of my suite-mates played "Miracles" over and over and over. Found out that Fleetwood Mac will be here this week...of course I'll be on the road. man!

Last edited by femmecreole; 06-17-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - good luck with the girls today. I'm not sure there's a machine ....small enough for mine!! I didn't even know about the deoderant thing either. Of course, when I can feel my ribs through mine...

Cottage - unfortunately, you said "girls" in your thread, and I was still in Ruth's definition...tee hee hee. I'm going to have to try the swiss chard sometime. I haven't been exploring as much lately....

Cat - good luck on the trip! I typically bring a couple of books and magazines, and sudoku too!! Then I feel guilty I'm not helping my husband keep alert . Good luck with the kids! That's very nice of you!

Cyndi - I've been bad too...a client brought in those raspberry bars and I HAD to try them!! Yumm!!! I'm planning black bean and tomato salad for lunch, should be easy to stay with that, since I adore it.

Me - well. It couldn't finish off easily for the house, could it? My DH got a call yesterday that his mom was having emergency surgery today...intestinal abscess from diverticulitis. So, he flew out last night. He's supposed to be back on time to close on Friday, but I'm not sure I trust the airlines!! We'll have a power of attorney signed just in case. Hopefully, she'll make it through with flying colors and start feeling better.

Until then, I have the children to myself, and have to start eating better! The week without the boss is going better than expected (so far) so that helps.
Here's to healthy eating!!
Old 06-17-2009, 07:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

The Universe and my family are playing a bad joke on me. I haven't slept all night long in several nights. I need a nap already!

Ruth -- Do you have something to squeeze? I understand that big tatas fare better in the mammo machine.

Femme -- I enjoy listening to a book on a long trip. As far as the dog, how about a tranquilizer?

Cottage -- I'd rather go to the gyn than the dentist. YUCK! I've never had swiss chard, nor have I seen it at the store...

Cyndi -- Enjoy your mellow day at the office. I think we're in for one, too.

Me -- Auston woke me up around 1 this morning. He said he was sweating. Actually, he had an accident. Luckily, that rarely happens any more. I got him settled on the couch, but I had trouble going back to sleep. Then Jeff woke up, noisily, at 5:00. I don't like either of them.

Tonight I have a meeting of all the local Jazzercise instructors along with our District Manager from New Orleans. I LOVE being an instructor, and while I'm on stage, I'm fabulous! (If I do say so myself. ) But, I hate going to meetings and being with all the Barbi-looking instructors. I tell myself that I went through the same audition process they went through and I MADE it, at my current size! It's still hard between my ears. Do you have voices between your ears that talk ugly to you?

Anyway, I'm off to get the day started. Hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Old 06-17-2009, 07:54 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning
Boy, am I late today. Wish I could report that I slept in. Ha Ha.
I was up much too early for anyone, so I started Googling for crafts projects for VBS. Stopping periodically, to ponder why I said I would do this since I don't have kids. The thought of entertaining 3 year olds is pretty daunting right now. Got some ideas, so it's time to do something way more fun-say hi to all my friends and go outside and .
Twynn, I hope your MIL is ok. I am still keeping my fingers crossed on your house.
Ruth, I hope picking out your new bathroom stuff is more enjoyable than your mammo. Enjoy your day.
Cottage, sounds like a great day with the kids. How did your bags turn out?
Cyndi, oh another JA fan. My DH grew up in the Bay area. He loves Grace Slick and Jerry Garcia. Best wishes for staying OP today. Boy, those homemade summer treats are sure a temptation. Always reminds me of Grandmas and being a kid.
Cat, I am counting down the hours with you. The only thing I hate worse than being in the car for 17 hours is having to be the driver.
Chelby, can you get a 10 minute nap in? Sorry you didn't get your rest. Hope your meeting goes well. I relate to your feelings. I usually do fairly well, but have those*pangs* where I wish I was___________ier.
Me, I'm obsessing on VBS eco friendly crafts today, while I clean my friends' house and stay OP. No pool today-darn!
Hi to all of you yet to visit. Thanks for helping me stay OP yet another day.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #9  

Lexxiss, When Auston was 3, he liked to paint, glue and cut. He also loved play-dough. He wasn't big into coloring. Luck for you, you don't have to take the messy 3 year olds home with you.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! I sure am glad that Wednesday's here, even though it means that the time to get my work done this week is winding down!!!

Ruth: I think it's pretty hilarious that Disney has lost 2 lbs. since Donna's injury. 2 lbs. for a dog is a lot! Drive safely today and have fun picking out the new things for the bathroom.

Cat: I honestly wish I could join you in North Carolina. The family hasn't been in so long and I really miss it! I'm sure your Mom is going to love spending time with you and I'm sure your sister and her hubby really appreciate it!!! Hope you find enough things to occupy your time.

Cottage: I've never had Swiss chard before and the way you describe it makes it sound delicious! I'll have to head over to the health food store to see if they have it there. Have a great day!

Cyndi: Mmmmmm...rhubarb crisp. We actually had rhubarb at the grocery store this weekend, but I was afraid of it, so I passed. I hope you have a great on-plan day and that the weather is lovely for your walk!

Twynn: Sending my thoughts to you, DH and MIL and the rest of the family. What a bunch of stress! I'm hoping that all of the house mess will really all be over on Friday and that you can rest easy and start planning your big move!

Chelby: Just remember that most women would rather work out under the tutelage of a real woman and not barbie!! I hope the meeting goes well!

Lexxiss: You'll be fine! I'm without kiddos and teach 4 & 5 year olds every Sunday morning. Just keep them smiling and keep their hands busy and you won't have any problems. (Also a good tip; if the kids aren't focusing and you can't get anything done, don't worry. The craft isn't as important as the children having a good time so they'll want to go back next summer. Stop, play a fun game and enjoy it!!)

Me: Just work, work, work here (which I should be doing, but I decided I needed a break! ) Workouts and eating have been good and I'm HOPING to see 179 on the scale this Sunday. DH and I are going out for dinner on Friday night to one of those places where I refuse to behave , but we're also planning a 3 or 4 hour hike on Saturday, so I'm hoping it balances out.

Today will be lots of file-checking for hearings next week and I hope that's all that lands on my desk. Tonight I'm going to do a good, intense workout, some cleaning and then finish off a craft project that I need to mail tomorrow. Other than that, I'll just use my spare time to relax!
Old 06-17-2009, 10:55 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Oooh, Ruth, congrats on the new tub! I love ours. Hope you get a great one...your bathtub looked so luxurious to me when we visited...so much space in your wonderful bathroom!

Sorry I'm late checking in today...best to avoid getting into personals. Hope everyone is doing well, though!

Fell into a bag of popcorn yesterday. However, I also picked 6 quarts of strawberries at a local farm. I have a lot of trimmed, chopping, and packing for the freezer to do! It was a lot of fun. Today is same old stuff...work, gym, food and mood group. Hope to fit in a little gardening in the middle!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #12  

One of my co-workers brought me a quart of blueberries -- big, fat blueberries! Yum!
Old 06-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone just wanted to stop in for a quick busy day at work with lots of meetings.

Enjoy your day
Old 06-17-2009, 07:27 PM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone
Kim and PearlRose
Laurie, those strawberries sound awesome!...and Chelby, blueberries! Tis the season!!
Thanks all for the good vibes on the VBS thing. I think I have my plan worked out. Chelby, thx for the tip on 3 yr olds. I have Mondays project lined out for sure and I'll see how many show and what ages then wing it.
I'm just waiting for my CSA share-mate to show so we can split our produceand I'll plan dinner around everything. I know big salad is on the list.
See you all tomorrow!
Closed Thread