Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #1  
Starting to Get It!

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Default The body type you like?

I have given this a lot of thought since I am now 18 pounds from my goal weight. I think I would be happy with a J-lo type of body, soft and sexy .

I have found on some other forum people give you a hard time if you don't want to be a bodybuilder, I don't think there is anything wrong with that, but it just isn't for me and I don't want it force fed down my thoat.

Today I read an amazing article about society's views on bulky http://www.leighpeele.com/bulky-musc...the-definition

I was curious on what you amazing ladies would think of the article and what your ideal body types are.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:23 PM   #2  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

My ideal body type for me would be Linda Hamilton from Terminator 2. I would settle for Xena Warrior Princess, though. I'm just too muscular to be the willowy type ~ although a good friend of mine saw a majic picture a professional photographer took of me an an event this weekend and said I looked "ethereal" LOL.

Not that you asked, but my ideal male body type is tall, blonde, scrawny, dorky, with glasses.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

My ideal body type would be Kim Kardashian - with smaller hips. But all natural of course!

~Choirgirl~
Old 06-17-2009, 12:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

Wow. The "bulky" women pictured in that article don't look bulky to me at all.

Maybe if I could magically change my body type, I'd be little and waifish, but I know that even at my lowest weight, I tend to be muscular. I'm fine with that. When I weighed 130 or so, I had noticeable definition in my arm and leg muscles, and I liked that. I never had a six pack, even then, but I did have a waist (boy do I miss having a waist!). I'm okay with the body type I have, I just need to have less fat on my body. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChound
Not that you asked, but my ideal male body type is tall, blonde, scrawny, dorky, with glasses.
Haha. Change that to "dark-haired" and it would be my ideal male body type. ^_^
Old 06-17-2009, 02:13 AM   #5  
keto on

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

I want to have an athlete's body. Defined arms/back/legs/etc. Not just for looks, but also so I can do well in the physical tests the military demands (I plan on joining in three years). I want to look like.. hmm.. you know, one of those kick *** girls you see on TV or in movies (think Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider).
Old 06-17-2009, 07:17 AM   #6  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I would say I like three...

I do like the fuller, Kim Kardashian body type, big hips and all. I have no problem with big hips/butt. If I can get mine down to 40 inches, I'll be happy with that. I'll never have those boobs though...well..maybe when I'm breastfeeding.

I like a a bit more muscular and lean type but still soft and feminine with a hint of muscle showing over the body. This is more my goal for right now. Like her http://www.tmuscle.com/pi.do?id=2007289 and her http://www.tmuscle.com/pi.do?id=3074287

And, I also like a bit muscular. Like these http://media.photobucket.com/image/p...ox/Phoenix.jpg, http://media.photobucket.com/image/j.../jel-cover.png

Last edited by LandonsBaby; 06-17-2009 at 07:23 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:26 AM   #7  
Hug a Tree!

Oh..and if we're going to talk about men's body types, I'll go with John Cena.

Last edited by LandonsBaby; 06-17-2009 at 07:28 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I want a body like mine but smaller all around except the bum. I want a bum like Kim K. or J Lo. I need something to fill out my jeans.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:15 AM   #9  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

I already have the "Kim Kardashian" body type except my butt is real and so are my boobs. I just want a smaller version of my body, with Mel Bs stomach and I would be happy. I love my T & A and don't want to give that up, just tone it up, so I'm happy with what I have. Now that I think about it, that's a Serena Williams body..lol..
Old 06-17-2009, 08:18 AM   #10  
Hug a Tree!

Okay, I read the article. Jessica Biel is bulky?? Okayyy. In the video, someone referred to the "amazonian" women as pre-op (as in, before becoming a man I guess). That is just MEAN.

If Jessica Biels is bulky and manly...then sign me up!!

Last edited by LandonsBaby; 06-19-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:29 AM   #11  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

I just read the article, I think its pretty funny-Jessica Alba has the ideal bodytype? Ok.........
Old 06-17-2009, 08:30 AM   #12  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Probably just my formative years being spent around swimmers - but Dara Torres is my IDOL.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #13  

I wouldn't call those women bulky at all. They are just defined. So now having a lower body fat percentage equals bulky? Great.

I would love to have hips. I have never had hips. It takes several hours of work each week just to have what little bit of butt I have.
Right now I look like Xena Warrior Princess with smaller hips.(or at least I would if wearing a leather armor bustier like her's).

I would love to have curves like Jessica biel or Kim Kardashian. Some junk in the trunk to balance my apparently bulky shoulders.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #14  

I am also wishing for the Kim Kardashian/ curvy body. Right now I'm more lumpy, than curvy. I don't want to be buff, just softly fit and a healthy weight.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:29 AM   #15  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

if i could completely change my body type entirely, i guess the type that is most appealing to me is the kind used for fashion: long and lean, smallish B cup titae. i think this is most versatile for clothing and almost always looks flattering.
however, given the constraints of reality, i would go for curvy. i'll never have kk's backside, but i am pretty curvy. i sprouted hips in 6th grade and was a c cup by 8th grade, all while weighing around 120. so that's my goal, trying to get back to there.
also agree that the "bulky" women they showed were for the most part not what i consider too muscular for a woman. well, the hilary swank pics from million dollar baby is starting to get into territory i don't find appealing, but that's the low end of what i'd consider bulky.
Closed Thread