South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 06:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Today's Temptationless Tuesday Twitterings

TTTT! Good morning. Outdoors is white with fog but it's going to burn off and be nice today for a change. Yesterday we did end up with rain all morning but it cleared in the afternoon for my road running.

Today will definitely be a gardening day although Claire and I will do the Good Food boxes at 10. As the season moves north, it'll be interesting to see what the fruits and veggies are today. I am still amazed at the quantities we get for a measly ten bucks! It's probably about $30 worth of produce.

Tonight I will go to get the Soccer Bingo started and then join some friends at a birthday party at Bob's Diner. Bob's mother is turning 75 and is certainly going to be in shock. She's not in very good shape at all and this could push her over the edge. I'm just kidding but I find it hard to believe that D. is just five year older than me - she is a complainer and a sigher and absolutely no fun. I'm attending for Bob, not really for her. (Send me to my room if you think I'm being mean-spirited!)

Dogs want me to join them on the deck with my coffee. Can you hear the yips and whimpers? Have a great Tuesday!
Old 06-16-2009, 06:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! No rain here this morning, but it is cloudy. I took my coffee outside, but it was a bit too chilly for me!

If it stays dry today, the girls want a picnic at the park, and if it rains we'll just spend the day doing arts and crafts. I bought Audrey a sewing pattern for tote bags, so maybe we'll get working on that, too.

I ordered myself a Magellan GPS, and I'm hoping it comes today!

Have fun at the surprise party, Ruth. I hope Bob's mother can manage to enjoy herself, too.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:31 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning
Hello Ruth. Sounds like a nice day in your neck of the woods. I think I hear your dogs...oops...that would be Gizmo, DH'sDD's little pug, snorting and ready to go out.
I always find a chuckle in your posts...ahh Bobs mother reminds me of mine. I'll say no more. The produce sounds wonderful! I've been missing my delivery for 3 weeks (break between spring and summer CSA) and I'll finally get mine tomorrow.
Hi Cottage. Enjoy your picnic. I love making tote bags. I thought I had an original idea to make them from pillowcases, but there are already great tips for that on the net. I found cool cases at thrift stores and made them for holiday gifts.
It was an early day here (yes, Cyndi very early), so I've been doing paperwork and making the refrig SB friendly. I'm trying the Yogurt Jello recipe today, after overdoing a bit on the SB Banana bread last night. and , bathe Lexxiss, Heeling Partners meeting, then back to the nursing home this afternoon.
Good morning to all you beach babes yet to visit! Thanks for the support and I enjoy sharing your days.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:51 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning early risers

Ruth - Those boxes sounds great. Enjoy the gardening

Cottage - OOhh a GPS - where will you go next? I'm very tempted by the idea of geocaching though I don't know if I would actually do it.

Debbie - Do you post pictures of your craft projects anywhere? I'd love to see them. I used to do a lot of crafts, even sold stuff at craft fairs, and I always think I'll get back into it some day.

I have a pretty normal day on tap today. Boss is at an all day meeting so the office will be mellow. I'm having lunch with a co-worker from long ago. That's always fun. then an interactive TV thing for a couple of hours. I'll bring my iPod and play online Yesterday was a constant eating day. I don't know why but it started mid-day and continued until bed. Today I'm back on track with a vengeance. Starting the day with eggs in a nest with chard. Yum.

Here's hoping the sun stays out and I squeeze a walk in somewhere!
Old 06-16-2009, 07:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Debbie, it sounds like you have a pretty busy ahead of you! I can't wait to start enjoying our pool again. That is, if it ever stops raining and gets warm enough. I haven't tried that SB banana bread recipe, but it sounds pretty popular with a lot of you.

Cyndi, my DH wanted me to get a GPS since I travel a lot by myself, and he'd feel better about it. This one is tied into AAA, so that makes it even better. I have a big trip coming up soon, I'm going to be visiting Ruth!
I hope the sun stays out for you, it's sure been scarce around here!
Old 06-16-2009, 07:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Storms blew our power out last night. It finally came on a couple hours ago. I'm surprised I got up. My alarm clock is still blinking 12:00.

Ruth -- Bob's mother sounds like my MIL. She's 5 years older than my mom, but I think those are dog years.

Cottage -- Oh, I wish I was crafty. Not crafty, not creative. It's a handicap!

Lexxiss -- I dated a guy with a pug many moons ago. That pug was too funny! It snored -- LOUD!

Cyndi -- Enjoy your lunch!

Weezer -- <hug> Hang in there!

Laurie -- Do rabbits potty train?

Me -- Funny boss story: Yesterday, I forgot my lunch. So at lunch time, I told him I was running out to pick something up and asked if I could get him something, too. He asked where I was going and I said "Quiznos." He said, "Well, Subway is cheaper!" OMG, I married my dad, and now I'm working for my dad! What am I thinking???

It's 6:30, so I better hit the shower. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello chicks. Yesterday was a busy start to the week! My phone kept ringing with work calls. DD graduated elementary school, and we went out to dinner to celebrate (I've had to eat out way too much lately). And we stopped by a county planning forum because the library we are supposed to be getting in our town was dropped from the plan. Fortunately it was in error, and it looks like we will get our library, but not for a few years.

Eating is slipping some - last night I indulged in sushi. I will get back on the straight and narrow today, I promise. Taco Bake planned for tonight. Today is the last day of school for the kids, so it will be a temptation to wander through the house enjoying the quiet all morning, but too much work backlogged, sigh.

Chelby, I recently started working with an engineer who IS just like my dad minus 20 years. When we went out to lunch last week, I really thought he was going to order for me. He made my hotel reservation for last week's trip, and decided who I should ride with. And we don't even work for the same company, just support the same customer. He is REALLY going to drive me crazy. Fortunately I did not marry my dad.
Cyndi, we have a geocache here - just a block away from my house! I could tell you exactly where, but I'll resist. It's an interesting hobby.
cottage, I hate those GPSs. I like to know where I'm going, rather than follow directions. DH's has steered us wrong more than once before. I almost threw it out the window once. I didn't because I knew he would toss me out after it. He is in love with that thing.
Ruth, I don't think you could be mean-spririted. I'm sure they'll be glad to have you there to liven things up.
Lexxis, well your tote bag idea is a new one to me, and a good one. I use all my tote bags for grocery bags and could use a couple more.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 06-16-2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:38 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi
Schmoodle, Taco Bake sounds good. He'res the link for recycled bags. http://blog.creativekismet.com/2007/...tote-tutorial/ I like Cottage's pattern, too. It is handy for a really nice bag. The PC bags are a little lighter.

Chelby, aren't pugs funny! This guy hogs the bed and just finished taking a shower with DH. Now if my other two could do that!

Cyndi, no pictures. I am beginner at everything but like to knit, do beadwork, and I can sew(but not much). How about you?

Is anyone else crafty?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:47 AM   #9  

I'm back at work today after 8 days of "vacation" spent working Twilight Camp. I'll do a separate post on that since there is so much. Eating is getting back on track. I lived on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and fast food during camp when I even got a chance to eat. I'm so glad to have food in the house again and time to cook. I've got a lot of reading to do to catch up.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:00 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

This seems to be an auspicious day so I will pass some luck on to you all.

No gardening as yet but........
  • my tax refund was direct deposited this morning
  • my dental appointment isn't until July 8, not tomorrow
  • I finally got my claim number for health insurance and can file the first claim since Harry died
  • the birthday party I thought was tonight is NEXT week

Now....if they'd just call and cancel my mammo scheduled for tomorrow but that might be pushing it!

Pass it on!
Old 06-16-2009, 01:05 PM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Ruthie, I'll take some luck over here! The good kind, even!

Chelby, thank you for the huggers.

A little better today but don't know what to do with myself. Woke myself up early several times to phantom running footsteps coming from the other room. By the time I get used to him being gone, he'll be coming home!

Going to grab some last-minute things for Tom's dinner tonight and see about doing a little work. My dishes and laundry are caught up so maybe I'll.... gasp.... dust? I HATE dusting!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!

Lisa
Old 06-16-2009, 02:55 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone, another busy day at work- and then off to play rehearsals....I am not getting enough sleep by the time we get home it is 9:30 and then have to spent a couple hours getting stuff ready for next day so not getting to bed until 11:30 and then up by 5:15 a.m. I need my 8 hours of sleep. But on a positive note only two more weeks and then it will just be a memory in a scrap book. Gotta run just saw another meeting I have to go to in 5 minutes
Old 06-16-2009, 07:54 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

So dinner went over well, although Tom's drums are set up in our friends' basement, and it flooded, so immediately after dinner he had to rush over there and get his drums upstairs. He didn't want to drink and drive, so I drank his glass of wine too. Wheee....

Going to put some comfies on and snuggle up on the couch. He's going to bring home a comedy (I hope) and we're going to have a nice little date night.

Closed Thread