Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-15-2009, 08:49 PM   #1  

Default Anyone else on Slimfast or 2 shake a day diet? Or am I stuck in the 80's?

I was wondering if anyone is on the slimfast diet, or something similar? (Shake for breakfast and lunch, then eat dinner) I dodn't even see a message board on this site for such diets, so I was wondering if I'm just stuck in the 80's. (I think that's when Slimfast was super popular)
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #2  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

there may be folks on here that do shakes.

I focus on a healthy lifestyle that I can do for the rest of my life. I tried the shakes when I started trying to lose weight but found that I was too hungry, then I switched to calorie counting. For the same amount of calories as a shake I find I can be full by eating whole foods.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #3  

I agree, but I found no prep or thought goes into the shake, and I like that, for now. I will have to transition back into eating 3 healthy meals a day. Althought its tempting to just stay on the shakes for the rest of my life, I highly doubt I can do that!
Old 06-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #4  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

I think you may be stuck in the 80s IF you ALSO

1. Spend alot of time looking for fingerless lace gloves at the mall.

2. Think the two Coreys are TOTALLY AWESOME.

3. Think George Michael is heterosexual.

4. You're still working on getting that 4th side together on your Rubik's Cube.

5. You wear a banana clip in your hair and leg warmers to the gym.

6. You think it's HIP to be SQAURE.

7. You have been known to yell "Everybody WANG CHUNG tonight" at parties after a few too many glasses of wine.

Party on, Glamourgirl...

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 06-15-2009 at 09:06 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

speaking of 80s diets...does anyone remember Nestle's Sweet Success meal shakes? I used to drink those all the time, they tasted better than the Slim Fast Shakes.

I'm not currently using them..but of course tried them. I think Slim Fast has come a long way since the 80s, they now put less sugar, more protein and more fiber in the shakes. I remember the shakes tasting pretty good, so it could be doable for the long term...and Slim Fast isn't going anywhere, so you know you can always buy the products.

I think as long as you count your calories it's ok to use.

Last edited by ringmaster; 06-15-2009 at 09:53 PM.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #6  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramira View Post

7. You have been known to yell "Everybody WANG CHUNG tonight" at parties after a few too many glasses of wine.

Party on, Glamourgirl...

Kira
Like, this post is so, like, totally cool. Totally.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:49 AM   #7  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

I am not on it now but have used it in the beginning of my weight loss journey. I figured I had to start somewhere and I was just out of control frying up and eating bags of french fries and eating whole containers of cookies. I had two shakes a day with a fruit or protein and it took off the first 15 pounds. I did this even as I wasn't really doing much exercise because I had five kids to look after then so time was crunched. It got me to realize that I can control my way of eating and that I can finally conquer the Fat Demon that was seemingly haunting me. I used strawberry and once I tried french vanilla but strawberry was always my favorite. I also did their bars too but found them a little too good to eat just one. LOL I loved the chocolate chip cookie dough one and in fact have a bunch in my cupboard because not that long ago I went shopping and the shelf boy mistakingly marked them as 50 cents instead of $4!! I grabbed a few and even though they made a mistake they had to honor it! I got a box of 6 bars for 50 cent a piece! LOL!! That is why it is very important to always pay attention!
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 280-->150

Height: 5'7"

I drink a Slimrite a day, to round out my nutritional intake, not for weightloss reasons. I love the taste of them, but then again, I'm weird.

You might be stuck in the 80's if:

- Despite being Rickrolled over a dozen times, you still have that song on your playlist and enjoy listening to it.

- You don't care what anyone says... neon never goes out of fashion!
Jo Kittibuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:20 AM   #9  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

*is still trying to work out the fourth side of her rubix cube*
I like slimfast shakes, but I think that goes back to when I was little and my parents drank them but I wasn't allowed to have any. I didn't understand why, I just understood that some of them tasted like chocolate.
I drink them every now and again but they are by no means a part of my day-to-day diet. Although, after reading this post, I might pick one up at the convenience store on my way to school tomorrow morning. The lara bar I had this morning gave me heartburn :/
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:38 AM   #10  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I use them too, though not exclusively. They're really good for travel (small, protein-tastic, can fit in a hotel fridge or be taken into a coffee shop, where you order 3 shots of espresso over ice in a venti cup....add your can of slimfast and you get your coffee and your breakfast in one shot!), and work in a pinch. At home I prefer to cook, only because I get more food for my caloric buck.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:04 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramira View Post

Party on, Glamourgirl...

Kira
OMG! Kira! ROFLMA!! I'm usually a zoombie before I finish my coffee, but I think that laughing just woke me up! Thank you!!
Old 06-16-2009, 07:38 AM   #12  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

GlamourGirl, I'm stuck in the 80's with you. I only have 1 Slimfast a day, for breakfast. It's quick, yummy and it sticks with me. I have the high protein chocolate. I don't have time to cook (I'm more focused on packing my lunch and getting DS moving) and I always overdo it with cereal, so Slimfast works well for me.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:43 AM   #13  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

I beg your pardon Kira-fingerless gloves are awesome, especially lace ones!! LMAO!

Last edited by Devsmama; 06-16-2009 at 07:43 AM.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:20 AM   #14  
Kitten steps to fitness

S/C/G: 208.5/?/148

Height: 5' 6"

GlamourGirl: I usually keep a few in the fridge for those days when I'm really busy and forgot to take meat out of the freezer to thaw. It comes in handy.

And you might be stuck in the 80's if you still think it's cool to dress up like Michael Jackson.
Pas de Chaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:57 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

I guess I am stuck in the 80s with you. I do it for a "jump start" when my weight loss slows. I keep them in the fridge b/c my son and husband like them for bfast. They are quick. I know they have a lot of sugar in them..... but so would donuts..... so I guess it is the less of two evils.

I normally drink the cappicuino ones........ I have a personal question for anyone who might be drinking them also--- PM me.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote