Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-15-2009, 06:16 PM   #1  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

Unhappy Losing Control

I feel so awful... I just ate a pint of Moose Tracks ice cream, a Little Debbie brownie, and almost a whole bag of gummi bears. Why?? Because I allowed hurtful words my mother said to me, get to me. I lost all self control. All I could think of was finding a way to stop the hurting. To find some comfort. And for a few minutes I found it in the food. Now that the food is gone, there is no comfort, there is only the empty containers, a sick stomach, a hurting heart, and so much guilt. I have been trying so hard to stop this cycle. I was doing better... not great, but better... and suddenly I feel like I will never be able to stop this. I feel so out of control. I feel like I will never be strong enough to not turn to food for comfort, I feel like I will never be able to live normally. I feel disgusted with myself. I knew... KNEW... that I would feel this way afterwards. KNEW that doing this would ruin the good day I was having. And most of all I KNEW that the food wouldn't bring me real comfort... But still I did it...

How do I stop this? What will it take to forgive myself, to learn to find a new way to handle my emotions? Can it even be done?? I don't know...
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/183.5/155

Height: 5'2

Sweet curves,Sorry to hear your having a bad day. Thank God tomarrow will come and we can start over. Dont beat yourself up. One day at a time and some days we can only take a minute at a time.
jennybog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #3  
Little One

Thank you.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:28 PM   #4  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

the food only makes you feel better for a while then you feel like crap again. i don't have a specific way i handle emotions either. i just kind of ride it out till it passes. hope you have a better day tomorrow. p.s.- me and my mom don't have a great relationship either. i'm slowly learning how to just let her negativity go in one ear and out the other. not always easy but i try.
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #5  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

sweet, to the best of my knowledge a binge has never solved anything for anybody - the fleeting pleasure of food in the mouth NEVER stays for the long haul. What has been proven to calm the mind, however, is exercise. Get the **** out and go for a long, hard walk. Dig a big hole. Beat the snot out of a punching bag. Take the anger and hurt out on weeds in the flowerbeds. Run if you want to. But get your heart pumping - it will help purge the feelings - as if the emotions flow out with the sweat. Not only will you feel calmer when you're done, you'll be energized with pride in your strength!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #6  
Little One

Wishing, you are so right. A binge has never sloved any problems. They just make things worse. That is really great advice, the next time I feel that need to try and comfort myself with food, I am going to go jump on my trampoline I think that would be a great way to let out all the pent up stuff. Thank you.

Thank you all.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #7  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Oh dear

Everyone falls off the wagon now and then. Pick yourself back up and remember that tomorrow will be a better day. Don't let it get to you, you have done soo great already!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/166.5/131

Height: 5'3

I'm right there with ya, I screwed up and binged the past several days. Not good =o( But tomorrow is a new day.. =) hope you had a good day today and that a better one will come tomorrow!
mizmizzy is offline   Reply With Quote