Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-12-2009, 08:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Default 13lbs gone in 8 days

Since I joined this website and started reading on how some people lost weight and I got really motivated so I gave some stuff a try. Surprisingly, I lost 13lbs in 8 days, I went from 230lbs to 217lbs. I'm taking less insulin so ironically, I'm not hungry all the time. My vision even cleared up a bit, it's not as blurry as before from diabetes. I am more happy about my health improvememnt than losing weight, although losing weight is a great bonus.

I did calorie counting, about 960 to 1200 calories a day

I also exercised every other day, I stretch for about an hour then I'd jog for 20 minutes. I hope to start swimming soon.

Everything depended on my mood and if I feel well enough, if I felt like I had a lot of energy, I would run an extra quarter mile or if I felt weak on certain days, I'd eat more.

I will admit that I cheated, I had some cake at a party. I also went to a chinese buffet once and had cake there too. Losing weight is tough but I do find loads of inspiration here. I really do feel like I am capable of losing weight this time around.

Thanks for reading,

-Lyna
AngelicLyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Oh my, that's a lot very quickly.

I hope you don't expect or try to keep that pace, but I'm glad to hear that you're finding inspiration and feeling motivated.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/207/165

Height: 5'10"

I hope the positive energy continues to flow your way

Last edited by Tiffanyrae6; 06-12-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Tiffanyrae6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas View Post
Oh my, that's a lot very quickly.

I hope you don't expect or try to keep that pace, but I'm glad to hear that you're finding inspiration and feeling motivated.

I'm pretty sure it was water weight that I lost lol, my goal is half a pound a week and if I lose more, GREAT! Thank you for your comment.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #5  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Great job, I hope you keep it up!!! yep the water weight loss is always a great booster. I too just started week 3 for me, I too feel stronger from exercise. Take care of your diebeties....my sister is past the point now of whether she eats healthy, she is in and out of the hospital now and it is just a matter of time, her organs are now starting to fail and she is a young girl too.I wish she had taken her illness seriously, she only weighs about 120, but she loved her sugar.
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:12 PM   #6  
The Best is Yet to Come!

S/C/G: 235/220/140

Height: 5'3

I can so relate to this post. Sugar has been my problem for years and I just came off of a sugar binge... I, too, spent the night reading about the Flat Belly Diet and other tips and today I started with the MUFA's and getting plenty of water in. I'm also attempting the calorie counting and fiber counting, although I must admit that is tough, but I guess if I'm going to make any progress it is something that I have to do!

Congrats on your weight loss and continued success!

Last edited by ohfaithful; 06-12-2009 at 06:13 PM.
ohfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:48 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azulfire View Post
Great job, I hope you keep it up!!! yep the water weight loss is always a great booster. I too just started week 3 for me, I too feel stronger from exercise. Take care of your diebeties....my sister is past the point now of whether she eats healthy, she is in and out of the hospital now and it is just a matter of time, her organs are now starting to fail and she is a young girl too.I wish she had taken her illness seriously, she only weighs about 120, but she loved her sugar.
That's really unfortunate to hear =( I hope things will turn around for her. I really do.

My sister warned me for years on taking care of my diabetes, I did attempt to take care of it but I started to gain so much weight from insulin, it made me so hungry so I quit for about 6 months and I got really sick. I decided to go to the doctor to see whats wrong with me, why do I have so many problems and of course my doctor tested my blood sugar, it was over 300 and I was actually fasting, I didn't eat for 18 hours. She also told me that diabetes is causing all my symptoms and my kidneys are showing signs of damage. So no more horsing around, it's no longer a vanity thing but a health thing.

Thank you for all of the encouragements!!
Old 06-13-2009, 10:20 PM   #8  
Goddess of my universe

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 7"

Congratulation on the lost and on having such realistic goals. You can do it. My dad was diagnosed with diabetes in his early 20's and although he was not always obedient (he did like his beer) he lived a good life for 43 years beyond that.
I personally believe a little bit of cheating is ok. It will be hard to change your eating habits if you constantly feel deprived. A little "treat" can be the difference between sticking to the process and throwing in the towel.
Good luck!
borntobefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:46 AM   #9  
Transforming

S/C/G: 228/184/164

Height: 5' 7"

Congratulations on getting down so quickly...I noticed that you have been taking very less calories of around 1000 cals a day on average...my suggestion is to increase it to around 1200/1400. If you bring down the calories too less too quickly then you might be hitting plateaus due to starvation response of your body. When you have to lose a lot the best way is to go slow and steady... That said all...you did a good job so far and have already moved into right direction..losing even 4 lbs means a lot and I can imagine how good you must be feeling after losing 13 lbs.
rinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:58 AM   #10  
Bringin' Sexy Back!

Oh my!! Congrats!! I wish I lose that much!
suzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:22 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinku View Post
Congratulations on getting down so quickly...I noticed that you have been taking very less calories of around 1000 cals a day on average...my suggestion is to increase it to around 1200/1400. If you bring down the calories too less too quickly then you might be hitting plateaus due to starvation response of your body. When you have to lose a lot the best way is to go slow and steady... That said all...you did a good job so far and have already moved into right direction..losing even 4 lbs means a lot and I can imagine how good you must be feeling after losing 13 lbs.
You are right, I felt hungry with the 900-1200 cals a day. My blood sugar level was dropping too, even without insulin. I am now doing 1200-1500 cals a day so I can avoid getting low blood sugar which leads to frantic eatting just to raise my sugar. I hate that, grrrrr.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:45 PM   #12  

Congratulations to you! Seeing those health gains is so motivating. In the past my weight loss goals were motivated by vanity but now health is the biggest concern. Health seems to be more motivating over the long term so I'm sure you'll continue to succeed.

A couple years ago my Cholesterol was borderline at 199 with triglicerides at 250. I've been working on improving my eating, exercise and general health for the last 9 months. I just got my latest Cholestrol Test results back- total score 164, triglicerides are down to 124! I cut my bad cholesterol in half!

You can do this. The health gains ARE so much more motivating than just the physical looks. I was pre-diabetic last fall but now I'm fine. I know it's the lifestyle change. It only took me 9 months of change to get awesome results and I KNOW it will be the same for you!
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote