Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-08-2009, 07:16 AM   #1  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Binge-free challenge ~ June 8 - 14

Good Monday morning, chickies! Let's make this a binge-free week. All are welcome!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:47 PM   #2  
Purpose + Bucket

S/C/G: 206/153/130

Height: 65.5 inches.

Woohoo! I'm looking forward to a full week of no binging! I'm going to try very very very hard.

Today I did AWESOME! I had a craving for something sweet, and I decided to have a lemon poppy-seed muffin my dad made. I don't know how many calories are in those suckahs, and usually that leads to over-estimating and then a "well, since I already caved in might as well eat..." situation.

I ate the muffin top, was satisfied, threw the rest away since no one else would want to eat it. No binge, small twinge of guilt at first, but I quickly talked myself out of feeling guilty or needing to "make up" for it.

I'm feeling proud. So far, day 7 completed with flying colors. Woot! I hope you all are doin' as awesome as I am.
bucketwithapurpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:56 AM   #3  
Maintainer Wannabe

Good job, bucket! I am back on track and working on day 4 today.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #4  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I'm in for this week! Today is day #22!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:36 PM   #5  
Purpose + Bucket

Day 7. Wootness. It's been awhile since I've gotten to day 7.

This calls for a mini-goal celebration dance!

Hehe.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:27 PM   #6  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

I didn't have a binge free week last week, but I really had only two days that were bad. I feel really good about it. I am looking forward to an even better week this week!
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #7  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm back after taking a temporary OP hiatus from 3FC during my finals season at school... And I am pleased to say that I did NOT binge, although it was extremely tempting because obviously I was under a buttttload of stress. Ugh. My lowest point in the whole thing was probably last Saturday, where I went to a BBQ with my a cappella group and probably slightly overdid it with the chips and salsa--it wasn't too bad, really, but I knew that I wasn't really hungry... However that was more of a socially-induced thing than being brought on by stress, and it was a typical situation where in the past I totally *would* have gone home and binged because I'd "already been bad" that day or whatever, but I didn't, which felt pretty good!

Anyhoo, the school year is OVER, today is day 54, I'm 100% OP, and ready to start losing again after mostly maintaining during exams. Though I AM having a planned indulgence tonight (Vegan. Chocolate. Peanut butter. Cake.--Need I say more?? ) but I have totally planned for it and I know I will savor it like I have with all of my other treats in the past few weeks... I'm not going to go overboard, and I'm NOT going to feel guilty, cuz I know I have earned it!!

Hope all of you ladies are holding strong!!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

I'm on day 5! The bad news is, I feel totally guilty for eating toast with my eggs this morning - even though I used individual portions of butter to make sure that I didn't slather on a whole lot, it was whole wheat, I've been really good with my carbs, and I really like toast...so basically, the way I feel doesn't make sense.

And I really want to binge

I know I won't, because I refuse to allow it, but WHY must that desire always be there, in the back of my mind?

Last edited by just_a_dreamy1; 06-11-2009 at 03:17 PM.
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 280-->150

This is my third day. I went for a burger on Monday, but I've been good since then. I've been struggling with 255 for over a month now... I can't afford any more mistakes.
Jo Kittibuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #10  

Since my ticker is a day ahead, I think that this is actually day 5. I've got a 100% OP day planned out today, and yesterday, the only thing I had that wasn't exactly OP was a can of diet pepsi. I really, REALLY want an ice cap. I'm not getting one, though, because the calories, sugar and inability to sleep thanks to the caffeine would NOT be worth it.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 06-13-2009, 07:05 AM   #11  
Maintainer Wannabe

I am working on day 8 today. The week-end is here, so everyone stay strong! We can do it.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:23 PM   #12  
Maintaining ~6 years!

Back after a craaazy day of packing and moving in/out of places, hehe. Unfortunately I had yet another encounter with tortilla chips and salsa/guac yesterday, and I definitely gave into the temptation, heh--those things really are my weakness!! Normally I don't put myself in a position where I'll be around them, but I've had so many fun "end-of-the-year" kind of events in the past few weeks, and it's so easy to lose track of what you put in your mouth when you're in a social environment like that... Plus I was soooo freaking hungry by the time I got to that party because I had really abnormal eating all day due to having to adjust my schedule around packing/moving craziness... My "dinner" before that had basically consisted of a Luna Bar and an apple! So, eh, I'm not stressing about it. A little social overeating never killed anyone, and I'm very proud that I didn't let it turn into a binge! Today is day 56... Here's to 8 weeks!
Old 06-13-2009, 07:33 PM   #13  
Purpose + Bucket

Day 12, bwahaha.

I had two days of not-really-on-track eating, but it never escalated into an out of control binge. :3 And I'm happy. I'm finding myself to me more mentally balanced, and my body looks leaner then it did nearly two weeks ago! woot!
Old 06-14-2009, 12:08 PM   #14  

I fell of the wagon yesterday - I have the bruises to prove it!

It was definitely not worth it. I'm not going to beat myself up about it, I'm just going to get right back up there. Working on day 1 again today.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #15  
Maintaining ~6 years!

Well, I did it. I made it for 8 whole weeks without binging, but last night I finally gave in, and it wasn't pretty. But I have to say--I'm totally stumped as to what caused it. It really wasn't an emotional thing, or at least I don't think so... I had just gotten in from a REALLY great night out with some of my friends, where I had met lots of really cool people and danced with some really cute guys, and was generally feeling awesome. I honestly thing that it just happened because I was really drunk (uh. really drunk. ) so I just had impaired judgment.

It was like, one of my friend's parents had a dinner party before we went out, and I had already overeaten a little bit at that, plus all the calories in alcohol(/mixers), so that alone probably made me way more likely to fall into thinking that the day was already "bad" so it wouldn't matter if I REALLY messed it up. And then when we got back to my friend's house after going to the club, my friends were both like "OMG I'm soooo hungry, let's munch on some leftovers!" and even though I obviously knew better, I just kinda went along with it... And then when I got back to MY house a little later, I totally DID have the whole thought of Well, I already screwed up, so hey, I think I'll have some bowls of cereal and PB&J sandwiches! I know--simply brilliant thinking, right? I should have just gone to bed.

But it's just so frustrating to know that if I hadn't been under "the influence," I honestly don't think I would have done it. I know that alcohol has brought on a ton of really bad binges in the past, so maybe I should have been more careful about that, but then again--I'm really not beating myself up over it. No one's perfect, and I am stopping it right NOW and not letting it turn into another day/week/month/etc of binging... The only thing that I'm mad about is that now I have to restart my count of binge-free days... I almost wish I could count it as social overeating and not a *real* binge, but I know better. Even if it was drunkenly-induced and not really emotional, it was still a binge, and I have to count it. But I'm so proud to have made it for 8 weeks! Now I'm gonna try for an even longer streak this time.

Sooo yeah, long story short--day 1 for me today, ladies... Wish me luck.