Old 06-11-2009, 09:59 AM   #1  

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Thursday, 6/11

Hey all! Wad up? I am back at it again today. Got in my workout (YAY ME!), threw in some laundry to slightly lower Mt. Saint Laundry, AND got the kiddo off to school. Now what? CALLS, CALLS, CALLS...Ugh! I HATE cold calling but it is a weekly MUST so I am gonna bang that out today.

Last night, made some yummy chicken cordon bleu with chix breasts pounded flat, laughing cow cheese wedges, ham, and a wee bit of marsala. Was yummers! Paired it with a Prince Edward steam veggie mix and we were done. I am still keeping up my diet coke ban and have moved to that waist watchers citrus frost. Pretty good, not bad, and all but still miss my DC a little. Plus have had a ferosh headache the passed couple days (caffeine withdrawals?)

Wanted to THANK all you girlz!!! I come here a few times a day and it totally keeps me motivated! Lets all KEEP IT UP, shall we?

Workout Song of the Day: The Rockafeller Skank by Fatboy Slim
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:27 AM   #2  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Made enchiladas last night with lots of low/non fat stuff. They were a little lacking, not because of the lack of fat and calories, but they just weren't quite flavorful enough. They made 10 big enchilada and the filling in each one was 200 calories and about 6 g of fat. The tortillas I rolled them in were 110 calories and 1 g of fat.

Does anyone have an enchilada recipe for me to try?

Went for a walk this morning with the dogs. Preparing to eat a yogurt and a Fiber 1 bar for breakfast and have a nice healthy lunch in the break room.

I couldn't resist stepping on the scale this morning. I don't during "regular" weeks, but the first week back OP is always so exciting! 218.8. I can't wait to WI tomorrow. I had forgotten that excited feeling you get right before you WI when you know you've had a good week and you're excited to see a loss... Sure, sometimes it backfires and water weight or something come up to bite you in the butt, but that moment of anticipation is so exciting!

Laurie, that sounds delicious! I'm going to have to try that one!

Last edited by Rebound; 06-11-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone!

Just wanted to pop in before I crash for a couple of hours. Was up late on the phone with my dear on the other side of the planet. (Louisiana that is.)

Got up early to get the kids off to their bus stop, etc.

I have a gig at 12-ish so I'm going to try to catch a few winks before then.

I have to say that it feels good getting back on track. Day 1 and counting....

Have a great day all!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #4  

Hey everyone! I've been extra busy this week. My sister and her husband are in Washington DC so we've been doing lots of kid switching with cousins. I have 2 extras right now.

Even so, I've been having a REALLY good week and the scale is finally reflecting my work- it's down more than 2 lbs. since Monday. Since it's been WEEKS since it moved significantly, I know my body is finally adjusting to the weight training and intensified exercise.

So, I'm feeling pretty enthusiastic about it all now which is much better than the dejected feeling of the last couple weeks. I'm not a moody person but man, this whole journey takes A LOT of mental effort and roller coastering!
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:16 PM   #5  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone...
I'm actually thinking of going out for Chinese tonight...and I've been so good. Hmmm, lowcal southwest chicken soup OR chinese???? DISCOURAGE ME!
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:48 PM   #6  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

dietcoke, marinate a chicken breast in a ziplock of soy sauce, ginger, and sesame oil. Have that with your lowcal soup and you can have chinese without the guilt! Although chinese and southwest DO sound a little strange together... Maybe a serving of steamed rice instead
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #7  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Good Afternoon all!

I have been kinda busy today with CPA stuff. I hate taxes!!!

I did pretty good last night. "Grilled" some chicken in the rotisserie that was marinated in some low sodium seasoning, steamed some broccoli & "mixed" it with some brown rice. MMM MMM GOOD!

I have plans this evening for a 'night out' with my girls. We are gonna hit subway for a fresh fit meal and then go to the park and play. So, no gym for me. I enjoy my time playing outside with my girls, but I really love how it feels when I'm done working out at the gym. Too bad I can't do both in one night...this is horrible...am I becomming a gym addict? LOL
Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my family...I'm not complaining about that. And, I do get to take them to the gym with me, but they have to stay in the 'kid's corner' so I really don't get to spend quality time with them.
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:06 PM   #8  

Im with rebound! I just did a stir fry with some szechuan veggies, brown rice, diced cooked chicken and some soy sauce. Was so good! My next mission is making beef and broccoli. If you are like me, you like all those fried apps. STAY AWAY FROM THOSE! GAH! Soooooo good but soooooooooooooooo bad!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/205/140

Height: 5ft 7in

Well I've got about 30 minutes left for this thread...then I should move to the Friday Chat!

Had a busy busy day today.....work kept me going until about 6pm...then I fixed a quick dinner for the fam (good old staple...Turkey Burgers!). Cleaned the kitchen then hit the elliptical for 30 minutes (hopefully one day I can increase that to 45 minutes and eventually an hour!).

I'm so happy to have all you girls....I soooo look forward each day to fixing a cup of coffee and sitting at my computer to read all of your updates!!

I haven't stepped on a scale since last Saturday, so I'm dreading the next few days!! I'm trying to avoid the thing, except once a week. Hopefully it's budged in the right direction, even just a smidgin'!
KimikoD is offline   Reply With Quote