Old 06-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Default It's a Smashing New Day

IOW, I have started Smashing today! I had Eggbeaters for breakfast...seemed weird not to have it with toast. I am hoping this will break my plateau.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:45 AM   #2  

Where are all the Smashers????

I'm down two pounds, ladies (and any gents).
Old 06-10-2009, 05:38 PM   #3  
4-Day Dieter

S/C/G: 155/155/137

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on your two Thinfor5!
Slimming in GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Yay, you go girl! Today is my day 10, and I'm down 5.8. I had a going away party last weekend, so I totally cheated, but i plan on following the detox for the rest of the month. I have another party this saturday, so I'm going to start over again on Sunday with no cheats, so I can see what this actually does for me. I love it though, i eat this way anyway, just eat meat like once a day, but definitely the water consumption makes ya feel fantastic!
DanSinDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:35 PM   #5  
Staying Focused

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'8

Man i feel so bad i cheated last night and today with a little curry chicken and white rice and white rice is the devil!

I didn't do too bad and just picked back up for the rest of the day. I think to make up for it I am gonna beef up my cardio tomorrow. Today I did about 30 mins of toning but tomorrow I am gonna shoot for 60 mins cardio - in 30 minute segments broken up by some toning with my band.

Tomorrows Meals:

Breakfast: 2 eggbeaters, spinach
Snack: Plain Yogurt, oatmeal, fresh cherries (this is SO good)
Lunch: Cabbage, Sweet Potato
Snack: Pear, sunflower seeds,
Dinner: Brown Rice w/ Broccoli, Onions & dash of Soy Sauce
Snack: Mango Strawberry Freezie (I blended some mango & berries and freezed it, I also added one packet of Splenda, VERY GOOD) and maybe a little more plain yogurt mix...
mispris006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #6  

Ooh, I have to try the oatmeal with the cherries! I have some in my fridge right now, in fact.

I had my oatmeal this a.m. with blueberries and a packet of stevia. Yogurt for my snack, chickpea and rice salad for lunch with a banana and a peach. I plan on making a Spanish rice and veggie combo for dinner that I found in one of my cooking magazines.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #7  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Oh mispris, the mango berry freezie sounds awesome, It's great to have that in the freezer when you want a late night snack too!

Have you guys tried the granola recipe for phase 1 on here! It's a bit flavor less, but instead of eating oatmeal in the morning, i just can't take the plain oatmeal, I made the granola, brought 1/2 cup of low-fat plain yogurt to work, smashed up a banana and stirred in like half of the granola, its soo good and a good way to get the oatmeal in because it's a good fiber source! So i'd split each batch up into 2 days, or sometimes I'd add it to my fruit bowl in the morning of mangoes, apples, cherries or whateve I had. Pretty much got me through P1!! I'm still following it, but will be cheating on Saturday, so like i said, I'll start again on Sunday! Woowho!
DanSinDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 384/355/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Day 4 Smashing

Hey, I'm on day 4 of the Smash diet and let me first say that I was encouraged to start this journey because of all of the comments and experiences that I have read out here. I realize too that there's so much more that I can be doing with Phase I than I thought...looking forward to going down this road to success with all of YOU!!
Lottasuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:11 AM   #9  

Default Day 8 and I've lost four pounds!

Old 06-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #10  
Ms. Fat Smasher

S/C/G: 338/329/175

Height: 6'0

Congratulations!!! I will be weighing myself this Wednesday....*crossing fingers!*
fatklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #11  

I must confess that I weigh every day. It helps keep me honest. I don't worry about small fluctuations...I was 140.2 yesterday and 140.4 today. I can't wait to break into the 130's!

I have spinach salad today in my packed lunch...spinach, strawberries, slivers of almonds in a fat free poppyseed dressing. Plus I have a bag of baby carrots. My morning snack was plain fat free yogurt and blueberries (love summer fruits!) I had an eggbeaters and spinach omelet for breakfast. Dinner will be a challenge...my husband and I are going to a Phillies game right after work and I don't know WHAT I can get to bring to eat! Maybe I can get a salad at Wawa.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #12  
Ms. Fat Smasher

S/C/G: 338/329/175

Height: 6'0

I think if I weighed myself everyday I would get discouraged, so after tomorrow i will weigh myself once a month.

For breakfast I had a banana flavored 90cal yogurt and a plum. 1st snack I had a Kashi granola bar. Lunch I had veggie fried brown rice and a veggie burger w/mustard. 2nd snack I had 14 almonds. For dinner I think I'll have a salad and 7 saltines...and then I'll go outdoors and ride my bike for a half hour.
fatklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 384/355/175

Height: 5'9"

Day 8 and I have lost 12 lbs! This is a lot easier than I anticipated. I weigh almost everyday too. It helps me stay motivated to stay on course. I try to weigh the same time of day when I do, it helps minimize any fluctuations.

Last edited by Lottasuga; 06-17-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Lottasuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:32 PM   #14  

I'm still hanging in there. I've been 140 pounds for several days now. At leat I am not gaining! Last night we went to the Phillies game and I didn't really have much choice about what to eat...ended up with a turkey 6 inch hoagie with lettuce, tomato, little bit of oil and oregano. Not on Fat Smash, but I didn't gain any weight from it.

I had strawberry and spinach salad with poppyseed dressing just now for lunch, along with a baggie of raw veggies and hummus. We had a birthday party here at work and I am so proud of myself! I stopped on the way into work today and picked up a fruit tray from the grocery store. I ate fruit and didn't even miss the goodies everyone else was devouring. I even saw other people eating the fruit too! I also had a vanilla yogurt after that, and for breakfast today I had oatmeal with blueberries in it. Gotta love the seasonal berries. Dinner will be a lentil and rice dish I saw on a cooking website.