Old 05-31-2009, 05:59 PM   #1  
I'm Praying for a Miracle

S/C/G: 232/196/159

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default What encourages you? This encouraged me!

It's very hard to lose weight.. We all know it.. and we all hate it..
But after a while.. you start hitting mini goals....and getting rewards...

What are your rewards?

My rewards..

--I went to old Navy and purchased a Size large top for a 2 pc swim suit!
NOT XL but L. - and my husband said. .Well babe try it on just in case.. and i took an XL in the changing room, but the L fit! i didnt even have to try the Xl on .. I smiled all the way out of the store..

-- We went to one of those old time photo places.. And the woman was showing me dresses, then she said. Your about my size you could wear one I keep for myself.. and i looked at her and thought ya ok.. No way..
and I couldnt zip it up.. Then she said. .you have to take off the tank top.. Took it up Zipped right up!! i couldnt believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those 2 little things made my weekend!! maybe the scale is not moving..
but I guess im losing things somewhere!!

Would love to hear your stories..
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:07 PM   #2  

Friday, that's awesome!

Ooops! I just noticed this was in the 30-somethings support thread . . . and it's been a few years since I've seen any age with a 3 in front of it. LOL

Last edited by SharMar; 05-31-2009 at 06:08 PM.
SharMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:47 AM   #3  

Oh congrats! That's a good one.

I am able to buy clothes in the 'regular' department now pretty reliably. They may be 16's but there is no 'W' or '2x' on the size. It makes me feel cute for a change even though I know I'm still big.

I'm looking forward to going on a Lane Bryant shopping trip after I lose another 25 or so pounds. I will go in and try on stuff to CELEBRATE that the stuff in that store no longer fits me because it's all too big!

When I hit my next weight goal I'm donating my 'fat clothes' to charity. Except, of course, that one pair of pants I'll need for my 'after' photos.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/228/TBD

Height: 5'4.5

This is a great thread... What encouraged me too KEEP up the good work was when I went shopping for clothes for my mom and I found a few cute shirts and capris and she kept telling me to try them on (I know most of us hate to go clothes shopping and trying things on) but to my surprise... I had to go get a smaller size in EVERYTHING I was trying on. Needless to say I wanted to do cartwheels out of the store! : p
TwinMommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:09 AM   #5  

When I get to the end of a half hour of running or stepping and just feel like doing more cuz I am in a zone. This doesn't happen all the time but when it does, I realize that I am getting stronger.
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #6  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations!

What's motivating me right now is that I can already feel a difference in the way my Lane Bryant pants fit even after only a week back OP. I already have pants in ALL the sizes between this one and size 6, so I can't wait to make my way back down the sizes, one by one, until I have reached my goal again.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:36 PM   #7  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Awesome! I'm proud of you. I know how good it feels to go down a size. I can't wait!

What upset me is that I had to let out all my capri's that I had altered (in the waist) so they would fit. They are snug right now. I have my "fat pants" pinned to the wall...with my goal pants right next to them. That is my motivation.
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Looking at my pre bought size sixteen wedding dress encourages me and my bf calling me every morning to tell me how much he loves me and is proud of me .
TracyB73 is offline   Reply With Quote