Old 06-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #1  

Height: 5'11

Unhappy HELP! Ive fallen off the wagon!

Hey ladies. Its been a while since I have posted. I have been really busy lately basically running summer camp at the house with my brother and nephews. I recently went on our yearly family vacation to the mountains where it consisted of food food and more food. I actually did fairly well with my choices but once I got home I haven't been able to get myself moving again. I also recently hurt my knee so it is really hard for me to get back exercising. It doesn't help that I spend all day pretty much near the kitchen with the kids so im constantly finding myself eating for no reason at all, and I CANT STOP! I was very close to my first original goal that i set for myself and now im too scared to even get on the scale. (Which i haven't been on since i left for vacation) I dont want all of my hard work to go to waste but I don't know what to do!!! HELP!
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/234/140

Height: 5'4"

I don't know anyone who hasn't fallen off the wagon at least once (at least) while trying to lose weight. So you're not alone! If your knee is still busted or is healing, you should talk to a physical therapist about what kinds of exercises you can do at the moment. If you're healed but still rusty from not exercising in a while, take it very slowly! Be very careful. Yeah, your weight loss is important, but so is your knee, which is a very easy thing to ruin.

And my advice about the scale would be to stay off of it until you know that checking it won't make you anxious or depressed or unmotivated. Make healthy food choices and do what you can, physically, and return to the scale when you've forgiven yourself for falling off the wagon.

Just remember that it happens to almost everyone, no matter the amount we're each trying to lose.

Last edited by craftykath; 06-09-2009 at 04:34 PM.
craftykath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:35 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

*holds out hand* Hurry get back on!

I hear ya- I've fallen off twice and just got back on... *sigh*
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #4  
Not so starving student

S/C/G: 152.3/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Just like what do we do when we fall off the horse? Get back on! I gained back all the weight I lost several years ago (and more), I lost last summer, gained it back. It's a continual challenge. What I tend to do, is when I have one bad day, I let that trigger a week of bad days, which turns into a month of bad days, etc. There's nothign you can do to change the past, so just pick yourself back up and start again!
rosekeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #5  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

You can totally do this.. Start today and Look forward.
DO NOT dwell on the past, you cannot control now what you did then. Tell yourself you CAN do this and you WILL do it now.

Congrats on the weight you have lost so far.. Hope your knee feels better soon.
Take care
Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote