General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #1  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Default I am back and gained some weight!

I have to come in here and admit I fell off the wagon. I got extremely stressed after my ex died and wound up having to go on an anti anxiety pill. And that says alot since I am extremely against meds most of the time. It was a nitemare I don't even want to talk about. It didn't even help and made it alot worse and alot of terrible side effects. I started packing on the pounds. I felt hungry all the time.

My anxiety got so bad at some points I felt like I couldn't breathe at all. And when you feel like that, you don't care how skinny you look. And between the cravings and the absolute insanity I just started eating everything and anything.

I was out of my mind with grief and fear and extreme anxiety. Part of me wonders if I had a nervous break down.

2 parents dying back to back at the end of 2004 and the beginning of 2005, a miscarriage at 4.5 months in April 2006, my ex dragging me thru a bloody divorce and having constant harrassment for years in every way shape and form. Then it was quiet for a year, then he came back again and my eldest dd sided with him.

She had also developed an extreme weight problem and wouldn't listen to anything I said, She told me she didn't care if she lived or died. After my ex came back she started getting interested in violent anime and cutting herself.

We got her counseling and took the anime away and it got worse and she was very hateful and angry and when my ex came back for round 2 she wanted to go live with him.

The judge didn't let her thank God. The reason I left him was cause he was violent. Anyhow, it was **** on wheels again.

It was an indescribable nitemare. He lied every time he turned around, called the cops for every piddly little thing. We didn't do anything wrong so nothing ever came of it but it was constant lies and harrassment.

Just to give an example this man even sent the cops to my house the day we buried my mom to with phony allegations, then when that didn't work he called my brother up to tell my dad he was going to come cut his other foot off. He was a diabetic and had lost a foot a few years before. Just an evil sick hateful man.

And this man was fighting me again for my kids, making up lies and my eldest wanted to go with him.

Anyhow, in the middle of the second go around he died. It was a huge relief, but at the same time it freaked me out. He was only 35 and it set off a huge chain of events in my life. Some of it survivors guilt, alot of it being extremely panicked and stressed all the time. Sometimes I wonder if I had a nervous breakdown, other times I wonder if I had post traumatic stress disorder.

I could go on, but I won't. I really think everyone dying really took its toll on me. I am off that damn pill now, have been for a long time but it has still taken this long to really be able to get it together in my head to put the pieces of my life back together.

The great news is I am still here, still alive. God, Joe and my kids have been my rock. My eldest dd and I have been able to repair our relationship this last 15 months and she isn't having the problems she had back then. SHe is happy, she is going to be graduating from high school soon,independent study. She even started working on her eating and started exercising and nags at me now about food! lol

Joe is doing very well in his job and we are getting ready to buy a house. Things have settled down alot and I am recovering.

I haven't changed my weights under my avatar yet. I think I gained about 30 pounds, but I am too scared to get on the scale.

I am guesstimating by how I look in the mirror. I have been various weights before so....

I am not going to worry about it though. I have been thru **** and back and I have lost before so I know I can lose again. I have been back on track for about a month now and I am bound and determined to get back to where I was....and beyond.

Last month I walked 950 minutes and this month I am already at 189 or so. I am raring to go! I do want to add in here that walking has been such a huge part of my life that even when I was goofing up on food I was still fairly good about that. But then I hit slumps and I would get super depressed and I wouldn't walk at all for weeks at a time. Then I would start walking again.

It was up and down. I remember before turkey day last year walking alot but not watching my food much, when i seen the pics from that day I threw in the towel for a while. This year I had some trouble with my right heel hurting to the extreme. SO I was off the extra walking for a few months. But Now I am back on track 100% with walking and the food.

I didn't want to just jump back in without saying hi, or jump in and pretend that is the correct weight either. So I felt I needed to explain what I have been up to and where I am at.

Anyhow, hello to everyone. I look forward to meeting the new people here and getting reacquainted with the old ones.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #2  

Welcome back, Jasmine31! You have survived a lot, but the main thing is you have survived! Take care of you, make yourself happy, live a life that is a role model for your children.

Hugs to you!
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

All I can say is welcome back You've proved how strong you are. You will succeed
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:16 AM   #4  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

*hugs* That sounds like a helluva a few years.

I'm so glad that it's done and over with though... I think once you get over the absolute shock of what happened and the relief of what you didn't have to deal with anymore...and the dread (in the case of your kids) of what you WILL have to deal with in future because of all of it..... I think you'll rebound stronger and better than ever.

Sometimes life throws us pebbles that turn into rocks. We just gotta learn how to climb over them and become a better person for it. I know you will! You just can't ever give up, of course. Just remember that you're human, and you need to cut yourself some slack. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and set off down the road again!

Last edited by starfishkitty; 06-03-2009 at 11:17 AM.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey Jasmine, good to see you again
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:56 PM   #6  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

jasmine, welcome back. I don't recall "meeting" you before but you sound like someone I'd like to know. I have been thru very difficult experiences and absolutely believe that which does not destroy you will absolutely make you stronger.

Welcome back and kudos on your very apparent strength.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #7  
I AM healthy!

Thanx for the welcome back every body!

Hi Glory! You know you are still my heroine! <3

Hi Starfishlitty *hugz*

Yeah I am a strong person. I refuse to stay down for long. I like the saying, if life hands you lemons, make lemonade!
Old 06-09-2009, 07:16 PM   #8  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Welcome Back!
You know the saying "What don't kill us-Makes us stronger"Good Luck! Tracy
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:37 AM   #9  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi Jasmine, and welcome back!
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:39 AM   #10  
I AM healthy!

Thanx Tracy! *huzgz*

Hi Lily! Its so good to see you, another inspiring woman. *hugz*
Old 06-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back You may have slipped a little but that isn't unusual. You still maintained a lot! Good job!
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #12  
I AM healthy!

Thanx Nelie! *hugz* Its good to see you too. ANother of my heroines. That makes 3 in this thread. Yeah I am not going to sweat the gains. I am just going to get back to work on it.

I am already noticing a difference in my weight this month and how I feel so much better too!
Old 06-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #13  

Welcome back!

I'm just jumping back in as well.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #14  
I AM healthy!

Hi Sunshine! We can do this!
Old 06-10-2009, 02:24 PM   #15