Old 06-08-2009, 05:46 AM   #1  

Default Friends and Losers: June 8th - 14th

Happy Monday everyone! Hope it's the start of a wonderful week for you

I'm up 2.8 pounds thanks to TOM and way too much stress eating last week. The stress is mostly job-related and I don't think the micro-managers from **** are going away anytime soon so I am either going to have to find a new work situation or learn to deal with it more effectively. Since jobs that pay as well are not exactly abundant at this time, I really really need to learn a better approach. Chewing and swallowing my anger and frustration just isn't cutting it! One positive thing I've started doing is actually getting up and going away from my desk to eat my lunch. I was having lunch at my desk but I always end up working through lunch plus people just do not respect that I'm having lunch and feel free to drop in to ask work-related questions (this one amazes me - when I walk into someone's space and see them eating I tell them I'll come back later). I would end up wolfing my lunch down in the last 5 minutes before I had to go to my next meeting and I don't think that was a good thing. I want to actually sit down and enjoy my meals and at least taste my food.
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/231/151

Height: 5'2

I am re-starting the plan this week! I am starting with a take off tomorrow/Wednesday and then full on to plan by Thursday. I hear you about stress Suzanne, I finished one contract position last week, start a summer employment on the 15th of June. And I am moving July 1st, so essentially this week is my only week to do all the important errands I need to do and pack my entire place! GAH!

I hope you can find something that works for you soon, it is not good to have a job that stresses you out.
jesskahle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:51 AM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all. here's to another week! can't believe how quickly june is already going by.
i'm officially starting myself on plan today..even though i'm not quite at the six week mark. i'm close enough though. so, 100% journaling everything, eating only on plan foods, getting all my water in and making sure to get all my food in too. and i've gotta start my exercise routine again..that's gonna be the toughest one. i haven't worked out since aug..ugh. but i gotta get this baby weight gone somehow..and it's not gonna magically fall off without some work, dedication and strict habits.

wish me luck.

hope everyone has a good start to the week. it's gonna be in the 60s and rainy/cloudy most of the week here. that ought to make t-ball fun! ha.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #4  
Amy

Hey guys! Happy Monday!

(I guess now that I live in VA I have to say y'all?)

I am back OP today as well. My mom's situation has given me a scare. Plus, she wants to get back on the LAWL horse. We are doing it together which is AWESOME. That's how I did it the first time. We are doing it from afar, as she's in NJ and I am in VA, but I know it will work!

It's TOM for me too Suzanne, so I understand. I feel rotten and I have a tennis class tomorrow that I am DREADING with TOM.

My DH set up the Wii for me this weekend when I was gone, so I will be doing that today when I get home from class. I have to leave for class in an hour, so I won't have time to do it now.

Jillian- we're starting together! I am going to put up a ticker to keep myself honest!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good Monday to you all!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful on plan day. I am 1.8 pounds away from my birthday goal so I have 6 days to get it off. I am doing Takeoff Tuesday and Wednesday and I am going to stay on plan and exercise as much as I can. I went for a long walk with baby Andrew on saturday and actually jogged about half of the time. That is something that I have not done in years and never thought I would be able to jogg again. Andrew loved it he thought it was funny to go faster. I wanted to walk again last night but time got away from me. I am going to try to go tonight and tommorrow for sure.

Amy-TOm for me too isn't that funny. Have fun with the wii

Lucky- Hope you feel better TOM is one visitor I could live without

Jillian- I like you new picture and great job on getting back on track!! Good Luck

Jess- Way to get back on track!!! Good Luck

Have a great Day!!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:46 AM   #6  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone - whew, it certainly is a Monday, and it is only half over. Could every potential problem happen today???ugh.

Barbara - I hope the deck is coming along nicely. We were supposed to be having our retaining wall rebuilt today, but the landscaper never showed. Not a good sign. He claims he is a few days behind... OK, I'll give him that, but I need this thing done soon!!!

Suzanne - TOM - ugh. Luckily, that extra weight should disappear soon. I always know when TOM is on its way when my DH is talking to me and all I can hear in my head is myself thinking "Would you just shut up!!!!". It's kind of funny because he could be talking about something totally benign and it will irritate the heck out of me.

Jillian - welcome back to the land of of weighing and measuring.

Amy - Good luck on that birthday goal! You are doing great!

OK, gotta go deal with the next headache to come my way....
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #7  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey all..

Had a kind of tough weekend food-wise.. Liz and the kids were gone, so you can probably guess..

Ended the weekend with a very large spinach salad with a drizzle of home made greek dressing, so it wasn't all bad. Detoxing today with oranges and water..

Blah...

Hope you all have a great week...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:33 PM   #8  
Michelle

S/C/G: 216/160/135

Height: 5"6'

I have had a rough time loosing weight lately. I did TO last week with orange and lost four pounds. It the same four pounds I have ained and lost fo the past three months. Here's hoping it stays away and more goes with it.
-Dan you said you are "detoxing with water and oranges" Does that mean TO or is this just something yo have come up with to help after a bad weekend? And would you share the greek salad dsg recipe?
momofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:46 PM   #9  
WonderWoman

i'm happy to report that I had a successful completely on plan day!! I got all my food and water in too. I didn't have a chance to exercise, but that will be starting soon. I just gotta figure out when the best time to fit it in will be. can't wait to have another successful day tomorrow!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #10  
WonderWoman

morning all. sipping on a cup of my absolute favorite coffee, watching baby X sleep in her swing. ahhhh.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #11  
Amy

Morning!

Jillian- congrats on staying OP! You did it before, you'll do it again!!

MomofThree- plateauing can be the worst, we've all done it!

Well, I had planned on staying OP yesterday, but my planning was off. When I got home from class around 3:30 I was STARVING, having only eatten my yogurt/blueberies/granola for breakfast. I had packed smartfood and an apple, it just wasn't enough. I need to figure something out. My class is from 12:30-2:40, so it's an awkward time. I guess pack better snacks? Something with protein?

I am hoping this rain sticks around, I need a break from tennis. It's not that I am lazy or anything, I just regret taking this as a SUMMER class. I should have taken it in the fall. It's so hot out there... we're like BAKING on the courts.

I came back to VA Sunday from NJ (being there all weekend) to a clean house. My DH cleaned everything! So, now instead of unpacking every night, I can relax and start into my hobbies. I LOVE writing cards, and I collect them, so if you guys would like encouragement in the mail, let me know!

Well, have a good day guys!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Jillian- at Target they have a yoga DVD that is for Mommies and babies. It looked quite interesting and might be something you can do easily with Baby X.

Amy- I am sure the heat and humidity are a huge change and very difficult for playing tennis. I did see on the news that rain is expected here in TN for the next 4 days probably the same for you in VA maybe you can get some relief.

Kim- good luck on your deck and with the contractor.

Hope everyones day is going well. I am doing Takeoff today and not looking forward to today and tomorrows meal plans but I know I can do it. I have been walking and running a little bit every night this week. I am so sore of the mornings but It is getting easier. I find so much peace going to the park and Andrew loves it he loves seeing the puppies and kids playing. We have been seeing some of the same people everynight and there is a very sweet elderly gentleman that he waves at everynight. I seem to do better exercising outside rather than at home I guess because there are not the family distractions.

Hope everyone has a wonderful on plan day!!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:03 AM   #13  

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone! I did have a *better* weekend than the one before but still wasn't POP. About halfway through my 30 day challenge on Wii Active! A little frustrated because I'm not really losing weight, but I can see more definition in my arms, my hips and butt feel tighter so trying to focus on that! Squat holds followed by jumping lunges are the work of the devil I am sure....but they do work!
For anyone plateauing or getting frustrated I just wanted to share the conversation I had with myself recently...

Self: I just can't lose weight! Nothing is working!
Other Self: You can, you have to be patient
Self: I am! But it's just not coming off!
Other Self: Well what are your other options? Quit? Continue to gain weight? Can you live with those options?
Self: No! I can't gain MORE weight!
Other Self; There you go...
Self: you're right, I have to keep trying..

The End....LOL
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #14  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Oh I feel awful today. I have been eating junk for the past two days, not because of any reason except that I can't seem to get past my cravings.
I don't even want to get on the scale!

Dan- You always seem to stick with it. How do you manage? Or is it because you have Liz following the plan with you.

Jillian- Good for you starting up!

Suzanne- What kind of work do you do?

Well my husband just got back from Mexico and apparently we are now owners of some land. We are having a house built in Huatulco. If I am going to retire on a beach one day, I better start working on my figure...aghhh!!! I am actually excited. I just am not feeling good about myself lately, that's all.
Gotta run for now

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:26 AM   #15  
LAWL Salt Police

Joan,

I really think it's because I was able to adapt to healthier eating as a lifestyle, rather than view this as just a diet. I think that's our biggest downfall - thinking that once we get what we want from WL, we can just go back.. Or we give in to emotional eating at some point and never get back on track.

Without Liz around, I regressed into a typical "bachelor" type behavior with my food intake this past weekend and ended up feeling horrible.

Even though Liz isn't have much success with the WL lately, we still have each other to stay on track for at least not eating too badly, so it definetely helps having her there as backup...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote