Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 06-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/134/115

Height: 5'1

Default Grill

Hello!

I'm not sure where to post this but after reading the yellow squash thread, I finally made up my mind to buy a grill. The problem is that I do not know what kind to buy. I checked the george foreman website and there are too many and I can't decide. I'll be cookinf for 2 people. Ideally, I also want a steamer. What kind of grill do you have? can you make any recommendations? Do you find you are eating healthier/losing weight after cooking on the grill?

Thanks you!
Lucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:37 PM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I have the G5 with the free omelette plates - I LOVE the removable plates for cleaning!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:19 PM   #3  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

I'm going to skip the "grill" part of your question since it sounds like you mean an indoor grill? I use an outdoor grill...

But anyway... as for the steamer. I recommend just buying a steaming insert that you can then just put into the bottom of a pot you already have. You just put a bit of water in the bottom (about an inch), put in the steaming insert, your veggies in the pot, and the lid on. Then turn the stove onto high, and soon you will have steamed veggies. The steaming insert is cheap.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about - here's a link to one.

http://www.overstockedkitchen.zoovy....44067?meta=FRG
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:09 AM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

One of my favorite kitchen appliances is my Cuisinart Griddler. It's a Foreman-type panini press/grill when closed, but hinges open to become a larger, flat grill (so if you were having more people, you'd have space to grill it all at once). It also has griddle-type plates, so you can use it for pancakes and other flat-top uses. Before I got the big outdoor BBQ, I used it all the time.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote