South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-05-2009, 05:21 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default another newbie

Hello all. I've been trolling for a while and finally decided to just register already!

DH and I have been on SB for a month as of today. He has lost 21 pounds and looks skinny....I on the other hand am losing weight like most females...ha! I HAVE lost and can tell a real difference in my face and am beginning to see a difference in my waist. I'm a true apple shape, so the waist is a bit slower to go away!

I refuse to get on scales. In the past I've hit my goal and then "rewarded myself." I've fallen off my healthy eating wagon and each time gained back more weight than the last time. I want this to be about a life style change - not a number on the scales that I celebrate and lose each time.

I'm happy to be here though and look forward to reading more of your stories. Just wanted to say hello!
macsmom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Hello and
Nice to meet you! I have been on the Beach exactly one month today. I am noticing the same things you are. I feel good and am feeling very strong right now. Posting every day has really helped me to not feel so alone. When I do feel like derailing, I check in and the thought passes.

Best wishes! See you around.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome to SB! You'll love it here. There is so much support and chatter.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

Dont you just love the way men lose weight? It's disgusting! AAAAAhhhhhhh! Now that I have said that, keep going. I did have some success with South Beach once, but I gave it all up cuz I truly love pasta and rice and bread. I now just have to make smarter choices with those items so as not to set up the CRAVINGS FOR CARBS!!! Here's to better lifelong choices-cheers!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:33 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to The Beach. Please be sure to read the book and check out the stickies in the FAQ section. Join is in the Daily Chat and The Phase I Thread.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:29 PM   #6  

Default thanks!

I appreciate the warm welcome!

I know exactly what you mean about carb cravings. I've learned to just stay away from sweet stuff - even the artificial sweet stuff. It all sets me up to crave the next day. I'm truly happy away from it though.

It's been a month, so I'm on phase two technically but I'm being careful how I add things back in. Mostly to make sure that if a food does cause me to crave, it doesn't get eaten for a bit. I'm eating more fruit and 100% whole wheat bread.

DH and I have a rule...two cups of veggies with lunch and dinner. Our meal now gets planned around our veggies rather than the burger, taco bell or way too large pasta dish we ate before!

I feel really good!! Just impatient to get back into the skinny jeans!
macsmom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #7  
Macros!!

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'0"

Glad to have you here!!!!
ArmyAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Macsmom1!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:29 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

MacsMom!

Men lose weight impossibly fast, but you'll get there, too. I find that this is a way of life for me. I've eaten SBD for over five years now. It's wonderful and very easy to do. I'll be doing the same when I get to goal, too. I learned the hard way that maintainence is even harder than dieting, and I doubt I'll be able to pull off much of a Phase 3...but that's okay, since I've been on Phase 2 for so long that it feels like home for me. Anyways, I think not weighing is very wise of you. You'll definitely see differences in your body and in how things fit.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #10  

Height: 168

macsmom, you sound so optimistic, i like it
i just have started and i do understand you :-) just keep on going and you dont need scale, just keep on.
i am also "apple" type so i think will have to do a little bit extra to become some other, "normal" type

i also can wait to get in to some normal, boot cut jeans. "skinny" i am afriad to say...for now just normal
ADD Girl is offline   Reply With Quote