Old 06-04-2009, 11:59 AM   #1  
Wanna-Be Fighter

S/C/G: 185/161.4/130

Height: 5'0"

Talking How do you incorporate lots of water into your diet?

Hiya, I have never been very good at drinking lots of water, I always drank soda (dont do that anymore), fruit juices and sugary things, so I would like to know how everyone here gets that much needed water of life in them?

Tricks like flavoring? Let me know!
Spiritkyssed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/115

I buy a one liter bottle of water every morning before work and sip on it for the entire work day. I buy another on the way home and finish it before I go to bed.

If I want something sweet, I use Crystal Light in a 12oz bottle of water. And if I really want intense flavor, I use a little more of the Crystal Light mix than what is suggested.
abielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:04 PM   #3  

Height: 4'11"

You can drink tea, or add something like Crystal Light packets to your water.
littlelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

I like to add the crystal light packets sometimes. I also like to add some fresh lemon or lime juice to give it a kick. I also freeze lemon/lime wedges which acts as ice and as they melt add flavor. I have come to the habit of drinking 32oz before I get to work and then 32 oz before Lunch then what ever else I get in I drink before 8pm. You do stop going to the bathroom every 5 seconds and after awhile if I am not drinking my water I can tell a huge difference. I get hungry easier and I feel sluggish.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I throw in a couple slices of fresh ginger root and tons of ice. I do this or ice tea. I have always been paranoid of Crystal Light's ingredients.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #6  
Always Learning

Height: 5'5"

I used to add apple juice, lemon juice, lime juice, cucumber slices, ginger, crystal light.

I still do occasionally add things with the exception of the crystal light, I can't stand the taste of the artificialness anymore for some reason?
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:34 PM   #7  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

if you add stuff to it, does it still count as WATER?
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

I developed a water drinking schedule for myself.
- first thing in the morning as I'm getting ready I drink a tall glass of water (2 cups)
- Drink 1 cup with lemon juice in it for my vitamins
- As soon as I get to work I'll have a great big mug of green tea with a 500 mL bottle
- Keep refilling the bottle throughout the day as I sip (about 3-5 times)
- Glass with dinner and maybe one more as the night wears on. (especially if I'm getting cravings for treats... more water please!)

And of course there's days where I don't feel like drinking as much water... I just have more tea or put lime/lemon in. I stay away from crystal light and similar as I find them too sweet/odd tasting even when I super dilute it.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 249/228/165

Height: 5'9"

i start my day with a pint glass of water and a multivitamin, before i have my coffee. it's amazing how thirsty i actually amin the morning, and i only drink half my bodum now.

then i have a 1 litre bottle of water on my desk. i drink from it all day. just tap water because the cost (environmental and finanacial) of bottled water is unacceptable.

then i drink water with meals.

and then i often have a glass of water when i get in before i cook to reduce the snack attacks while i'm eating.

and i might have water while i do the evening computer surfing.

it's just a constant intake. i get thirsty now, whereas before i started drinking i wouldn't get so thirsty.

but also remember that the newest studies suggest it is really unnecessary to drink a lot of water. i do it to prevent mindless snacking and other self destructive oral habits (smoking. i quit a while ago, but the water helps kkep hands/minds.mouths busy.)

isolde
stillclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 249/228/165

i am deeply skeptical about those flavour packets.

how much chemical sweet/flavour/colour can possibly be good for a body?

isolde
stillclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #11  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

I drink 14-16oz of water with my zoe life nutritional vitamins when I am exercising. Thereafter in the afternoon I drink another 14-16 oz while working. At night I many have a smaller glass when relaxing.
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/155

When I was first transitioning from soda and other sweet drinks, I would buy the big cases of bottled water at Target and keep it in the fridge. That way I was still going through the same motions as when I bought soda, same plastic bottles and everything. That made it a lot easier. Eventually I got to the point where I really enjoyed drinking cold water, and found it just as refreshing as the soda had been. Now I use the little water dispenser in the front of the fridge, and keep a pint glass out on the counter next to it. I make sure I drink two glasses as I get ready for the day, and a few glasses with dinner. My office has the same sort of fridge with the dispenser, so I do the same thing there, pint glass and regular trips to the fridge. It's become a habit, yay!
jajabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

I actually had trouble downing an entire glass of water at once, usually. I discovered I'm a sipper. So I bought a 32-oz bottle at WalMart for 5 dollars that has a hook on top I wrap my finger around to carry it with, and I just take it with me everywhere. That's it.... I don't really make any effort to drink it at any one time... just by HAVING it, I've started sipping it compulsively. A sip here, a sip there, and soon, before I even realize it, another 32 ounces are gone! If you do that eventually you'll just appreciate the taste of water itself and won't need to put things in it to tolerate it. If you're a sipper, rather than a chugger (like me) I suggest taking a water bottle everywhere, preferably a non-disposable one that you can fill up with tap water so you're not wasting all those water bottles! I often drink more than 64 ounces a day now just because I sip away at my water bottle without even noticing!
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #14  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

Im like megwini, I have a reusable water bottle with me everywhere. I have a 24 ounce bottle and empty it 4-5 times a day. I have the added encouragement of living in the desert, its either stay hydrated or have severe headaches.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:24 PM   #15  
Wanna-Be Fighter

S/C/G: 185/161.4/130

Height: 5'0"

Thank you for all of the ideas I appreciate it. I think I will use the packets for now and eventually ween myself off those..but 10 calories per 8 oz isnt too bad and I want to drink it. Thanks.
Spiritkyssed is offline   Reply With Quote