South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #1  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

Default Been M.I.A. for a while but I'm back!

Hello Ladies,
I haven't been around for a few months. My life has been a bit chaotic. My dad had emergency major heart surgery and almost died during surgery. It is a long and slow recovery process and I've been busy helping take care of him. Then I threw my back out trying to help him out of bed which got me stuck in bed for almost 2 weeks. Never felt pain like that in my life! And before all of this happened...I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism ..pre-diabetes..and severe depression(surprise surprise!). I was given a pay cut at work(thankful to still have a job tho) and my live in boyfriend is a car salesman and struggling for obvious reasons. Needless to say times are rough for us and the added stress is really taking its toll on our relationship(pretty much in the crapper right now for lack of a better term). And just when things seemed to start to calm down...on Friday my uncle found my aunt unconcious on the bathroom floor. She had a brain annurism. They operated on Sunday and so far so good but still too soon to till if and how much brain damage may have been caused. So all of this has given me little to no time to focus on myself and eating right. I did gain some weight back but was able to take 5 lbs back off in the past week or so. I don't think I'm going to start back on phase 1...maybe phase 1.5. I finally found my diet mojo again lol. I'm motivated and back on track and praying to find some peace of mind and happiness in the mean time. Ok sorry for such a long post. Thanks for listening!
JerseyGirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #2  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back Melissa. Im sorry you've been having a rough time. I know worrying about your family can sure take a tole on us. It sounds like you have a plan for your food....thats the first step. Hope you stick around for a while!!!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Melissa, I'm glad you are back.
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello Melissa

I'm new here, joined May 5. I'm sure sorry to hear how chaotic things have been for you.

Glad to meet you.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Mellisa..
Any one of those things would be enough to set someone back..

I think it is amazing you are already thinking about staying heathly
during such a stressful time.

Staying healthy will help you cope with everything else.

I do 1.5 also. Realistic with everything you have to think about.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #6  
Double chin be gone!

S/C/G: 263/254/200

Height: 5'9

Hi Melissa,
I'm new. First of all, congrats on COMING BACK after all that crap happened. I've also been through some BS the past few months and I know how hard it is to shift the energy back to yourself when you're so busy caring for everybody else. Your family is lucky to have you I hope things start shaping up for you - the sun has to come out some time!
PopcornFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #7  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Hi Melissa!
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:31 PM   #8  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Congratulations on starting back here. My SIL used the diagnosis of Type II diabetes to turn her life around. She lost about 50# and started running. She said it was the best thing that ever happened to her because it finally forced her to take better care of herself. Good luck to you!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:08 PM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Wb!!!
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:19 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

back, Melissa. Sounds like you could use a big hug! I'm glad you came back despite all the chaos. Sometimes we need to fight to get ourselves some time to look after ourselves.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:17 PM   #11  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

Thank you very much ladies!! It feels good to be back. LOL Your support is going to be very helpful. I could use a few good kicks in the rear when needed. I just keep telling myself all of this is happening to me because God knows I'm strong enough to handle it and this too shall pass. If nothing else, it pushes to find myself again and get back on the right track. Thank you again for listening to me vent.

Thanks for the hug Ruth...hugs are very much needed right now!
JerseyGirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wow, Melissa! You have had a seriously bad run of luck in your family! I'm so sorry!

Hope your dad recovers well and quickly and that you get the medical treatment you need for the thyroid and depression issues. Please don't be afraid to get into therapy even though money is tight right now...most places will charge you on a sliding scale, based on your income (and just yours, often, since you aren't married to your boyfriend), and it can be very inexpensive. There are also some places that may be free. Meds can help a lot with depression, but therapy can be a very key part of recovery. Exercise helps a LOT too, even if it's just something low-cost like walking. You can rent exercise videos from the library, as well. I can't tell you how much a half hour at the gym improves my mood!

As for your aunt, our neighbor across the street (who just passed away from old age) suffered a double brain aneurism over 10 years ago. It took a lot of therapy, but after nearly a year in the hospital, she was practically good as new! She didn't speak as quickly as before and was a bit slower in processing things than she had been, but we met her after the therapy was over and never realized anything had happened until after we were told. Only those who knew her before could see the difference. She lived a really great life until basic old age took her life. Just want to give you lots of hope that people can recover from aneurisms.

Glad to have you back with us. Taking good care of you is the best thing you can do for your father, aunt, and uncle. You can't help them if you are sick (as you found with your back troubles!). Take care and congrats on being so strong!

Last edited by beachgal; 06-08-2009 at 10:57 AM.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote