Old 06-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #1  

Unhappy Strange electronic scales

Hi chicks
I have these silverdot electronic scales, and usually monitor my weight daily at the same time in the morning. For the past few days, and today especially, it's been acting strange. When I first step on it, it gives me a number. I step again, then it gives me another really much higher number. I thought maybe of resetting it or changing it from lbs to kg, but still the numbers it gives me are inconsistent and they aren't just small variations either. I'm a bit worried if this is really my weight (higher limit) or its just faulty scales?

Hope to hear from anyones advice/thoughts
evince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:13 PM   #2  

ok... well thanks
evince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #3  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Sometimes, my scale acts a little funny... I weigh myself usually 3 times, and take the most common number. If they are all different, then I'll take the average. However, I have never noticed more than a 3 lb difference. Maybe you just need a new scale?
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Maybe try replacing the batteries. Low batteries may cause it to malfuntion.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #5  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

Low batteries, uneven flooring (ie carpet) when it should be on solid flooring, stepping differently like putting pressure in one are more than another.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #6  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Okay first of all. Sometimes you have to wait for more than an hour for an answer

Secondly: check the battery. My scale will go wonky as well if someone bumps it or jumps on it. I just pop out the battery and then put it back in. Digital scales can mess up just by MOVING it as well. So reset the battery. Decide on a spot, preferable not in your bathroom as the moisture can bother it as well. I keep mine in my kitchen

Good luck!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Is silverdot the brand? Just curious as I have silver dots on mine but it's to measure the BMI and all this other stuff so if I step on barefoot and hit the right button it gives a series of numbers because of all this other stuff...........Could that be happening? If not, I'd try changing the batteries first.
melwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #8  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

I junked my digital one in favor of an old-fashioned one, then I junked THAT and just weigh in at WW once a week. This works for me...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote