South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 04:55 AM   #1  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Default thankful (the week is almost over) thursday

morning all, i'm about to head out the door for work figured i'd make a pot of coffee and hang out for the few minutes i have to spare.

finally got back on eating and exercise is going great. i've found that although my eating is off as long as i get lots of exercise in i maintain my weight...which is nice to know.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:13 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from sunny Delta! Cottage is probably on her way to Maine by now and I hope her weather is as good.

The trash is at the road waiting for pick-up. My list for the day is made. The dogs are running around the house playing tag. The coffee is hot.

All's right in my world. How is your day looking?
Old 06-04-2009, 06:40 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

me - Sounds like even when your eating is off track you are still making better choices. Isn't it nice to start to get ahead of that one? Hope your day whizzes by!

Ruth - I'm glad to hear the sun has finally made it to the Delta! Hope you have plenty of outside plans to enjoy it.

Speaking of sun - my beans are peeking through! I was beginning to think the ground would never get warm enough.

I had the day all planned out then last night got an email canceling today's meeting. I'm going to head into the office for a half day (hard to do when I hadn't planned to be there at all) then take my last 1/2 vacation day this afternoon so I can get a few things done. I would have been home from the meeting at 2:30 and had the extra time. Tonight it's off for margaritas and debriefing all the work stress with a few close co-workers. We like to refer to these outings as wine and whine, even when margaritas on the deck are the plan

It's my end of the week and tomorrow DP wants me to plan a day I want. We were supposed to be heading out to the Cape this weekend but will be home feeding the cat canned food she doesn't want to eat (do I have the only cats that beg for crunchies when I give them cans???). Don't have a plan yet but I hope there will be cycling and a yummy lunch at my favorite restaurant.

Time to get moving. Hope there is some sunshine in your day.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:25 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all...
Stormy day here and I'm waiting for a break in the weather to go to the gym..great excuse for another cup of coffee!
No real plans for the day. My husband works 4-10 during the summer (university) and is off on Thurs, Fri and Sat now, so we have 3 days of freedom all summer long! Usually we just have Sat. together as I'm at school on Fridays, so this is just plain fun!

My youngest son...(the one who just graduated from college) hit me with some "hard" news yesterday. He is very seriously considering entering the priesthood..(has thought about it since he was a little guy ) and the order he wants to join "trains" in New York. Since my daughter has been in L.A. for two years, that would be 2 out of my 3 kids gone on opposite coasts and neither likely to live here again. Breaking my heart into pieces. I was laughing and telling him yesterday that I spent the last 28 years making them strong independant people so they could "fly"...but I really didn't want them to fly that far! Obviously if he has a "calling" to this, he has to follow his heart. He has had a precious girlfriend for the last 2 years and I guess if he can give her up to do what he feels he needs to do, then I can do this. I told him I plan on living long enough to see him become Pope!

Last edited by femmecreole; 06-04-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:49 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Me4Life, thanks for the coffee. I appreciate hearing how your food and exercise are going.

Femmecreole,a hard moment for you, but what a great thing that your kids have goals and dreams.

Ruth, enjoy your sunshine.

Cottage, hope you're having a wonderful time.

Cyndi, have a great day and have fun at your wine and whine. That's pretty funny.

Twynn, my fingers are still crossed.

Chelby, I'm thinking of Auston today and hope he is doing better...and...go Mustangs!

Heather, thanks for the movie hint. How was your dinner last night?
Laurie, don't you just love riding your bike! Me, too.

Lisa, I wish I could come to the yard sale.

Barb, what a crew!! I am amazed!

Me, off to the pool and then home to get some flowers planted. I have a BD get together later at the local happy hour hot spot. I am definitely planning ahead for that, and may not stay too long.

Thanks for all the feedback yesterday. I did quite a bit of reading on the Glycemic Index and think I am understanding the healthy carb situation much better now. I am excited to see if my new food choices will make a difference for me.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #6  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Me4Live - Its great that you have made adjustments to your new way of life and following it.
Ruth - Sun is out here too. We have had to put out our garbage early in the morning because the raccoons have figured out how to open the raccoon proof containers the town has provided and you should see all the containers knocked and picked over. The suburbanites are in shock.
Cyndi - Wine and whine is good for the soul. Have a great day.
Femme - your son must be a very special person, there aren't many young men that get a calling these days.
Debbie - It must be all the fresh air that you are getting that is giving you so much willpower. Enjoy your planting.

Me - I have been on plan all week and hoping there is a weight loss. See you guys around the middle of June. We are off on our trip to Quebec City and area and might even hit New Hampshire for a few days.
take care
Sophie
Old 06-04-2009, 11:25 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning girls!

Going through garage sale stuff today. Hazzah. Slept in a bit, and now Tom's home from the gym. My right deltoid is KILLING me from the wii (my pitching arm.....) At least I'm getting some exercise at night, right?

Gonna get some work done and then head to Mom's. Hope everyone has a great day!

And Debbie, come on down!

Lisa
Old 06-04-2009, 11:52 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Mornin' chicas! I'm hoping to join in on a neighborhood garage sale next weekend, Lisa. I have a lot to get rid of.

Planning on taking my bike to the local farmer's market (only a couple blocks away) during my lunch break and get as many berries as I can load onto the bike! I splurged on a carton of organic (but not local... ) strawberries this week and feel like I'm eating manna when I have them with yogurt. I tried to give up all fruit that wasn't local (basically only frozen fruit and some local apples) for the winter, and it was HARD!!! I need to freeze a bunch of local fruit for next winter so I don't go nuts!
Old 06-04-2009, 01:55 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Laurie - I'm just finishing my freezer stash of raspberries and blueberries. They are just about the only produce I reserve for the freezer. I was the pick your own queen last year I have strawberries coming from the CSA tonight

Eek, got a call as I was writing. My bff, the one who got laid off the end of April, called to tell me her husband just got laid off. He has been at his agency for 12+ years too.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

I had an adventure this morning... My boss, who had major heart surgery about 12 weeks ago, thought he was having another heart attack this morning. Instead of allowing us to call 911, he insisted one of us drive his car, while I followed in my car, to his home 50 miles away so his wife could drive him to the hospital. When we got to his house, he was doubled over in pain, but conscious. WHAT WAS HE THINKING??? I need wine and botox! His wife called and said they have done bloodwork to see if he actually had a heart attack. He is stable.

Just got off the phone with my sweet hubby and told him NOT to wait for me if he is ever having a heart attack. GO TO THE HOSPITAL FAST!!!

Men!

Last edited by Chelby29; 06-04-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Boss didn't have a heart attack. He's still having pain, but they sent him home. Poor guy!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Whew!
Closed Thread