South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: FAT

Height: 5.2

Default Hi Yall. I am new here

I very recklessly started SB two weeks ago tomorrow. I told my sis I would go on it if she did so I dove in head first.
I screwed up for several days (no book) and then got serious in day 3. I got the worst headaches and cramps.
I cheated that night by eating a balanced tv dinner thing. GOOD.
Anyway, I got weighed the 4th day and had already lost 4 lbs. which I thought was cool since I hadnt really been a good girl.
I have not weighed since and wont. I know I am loosing because I can see it. I screwed up into my second week too. I was eating those SB diet bars. OOPS.
I hate diets but I am committed now that I am seeing it fall off. Plus there is this guy I want to date so that is incentive for me.

Here is the big three dollar question.
Has anyone on here made soups in phase I using sour cream as a cream base for soups like cream of chicken, cream of brocolli, and anything else??
dtrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Hi Dtrail! Welcome to the beach. I'll be the first of many to tell you to 'read the book'. It really is an awesome way of life.

As far as sour cream, I've used it as toppings on soup -- bean soup is my favorite.

Hope to 'see' you around!
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to The Beach. There's lots of support and information here. We have a Phase I Thread where you can ask lots of questions. And DO join us in the Daily Chat threads.

Sour Cream is NOT part of this plan except fat free in tiny amounts. See the Dairy section of the Revised Phase I Food List, particularly important if you have the older version of the Book. The latest additions to the plan are in green ink.

Check out the recipe sections for cream soups. I use fat-free canned milk in lots of my soups.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #4  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Sometimes I puree white beans as a soup base! extra protien and fiber too!

rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, dtrial! You've already been advised to read the book, and I strongly recommend it, too, so you can follow this plan the way it's meant to be. Congratulations on your loss so far, and I know you'll continue to do well once you fully understand the concepts behind this healthy way of eating.

I see your question regarding the sour cream have already been answered, too, so good luck and we hope to see you around here often!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Dtrail! Glad to have you with us! Make sure you get at least 3-5 clean days of Phase 1 before you stop. Usually if you mess up, you start the 2 weeks over, but if you do that now, you'll have nearly a month of it and that's too much. But you do want to ensure that you get rid of your cravings. You are likely to feel awful for a few days--I take that as a reminder of how badly I was addicted to sugar as it's like the DTs that alcoholics get when they are sober--but if you make it through that, you'll come out the other side feeling AMAZING!

Ruth, I didn't know that about sour cream. Learn something new everyday, I guess! I've used unlimited amounts of light and fat free sour cream since I started. However, I've never had reason to have a large amount of it in one serving before. I like making things like coleslaw with half mayo and half fat free sour cream (or greek yogurt) to cut the fat/calories.

That said, I think the suggestions for evaporated milk and pureed beans are better options for soup, DTrail.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #7  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I use the RF sour cream, not the FF.
From the FAQ sticky under Seasonings & Condiments:

Sour Cream, light and reduced-fat - 2 TBS
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote