Old 06-01-2009, 12:06 PM   #1  
Tammy

S/C/G: 211/209/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Molly McButter

Has anyone tried Molly McButter butter and cheese sprinkles? They're no fat and have 5 calories per 1 tsp. (1 tsp is equal to 2 tsp. butter).
ladyviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:04 PM   #2  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

My husband family lives by these types of things during the summer. They run a commercial fishing site and just got a fridge for the first time 4 years ago, and its quite small and used for important things because it runs on propane and there is no way to get to a store or get any supplies for 3 months. I have used the Molly McButter with them and I thought it was really good. I also use popcorn seasoning in my soup, on my eggs, on chicken, in salad. I say give it a try. I enjoy the cheesy ones and the buttery ones.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

http://www.westonaprice.org/foodfeatures/butter.html
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #4  
Getting healthy again!!

I personally can not eat real butter. I am extremely sensitive to certain types of dairy products. Milk and butter being the worst. The only milks I can drink are almond and goat, the only "butters" i can use are margarine and other artificials. I am still alive and healthy except for my weight and my hypothyroidism and pcos. My thyroid conditions were most likely caused by being over-medicated for a completely separate health condition, my pcos is something that unfortunately just some women have to deal with. I have excellent lab work that says I am healthy as far as cholesterol, and everything else they have tested for.

While butter maybe the better choice for some people it is not always the better choice for everyone.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebsme View Post
While butter maybe the better choice for some people it is not always the better choice for everyone.
I agree.
I chose not to put things like Maltodextrin & Corn Starch in my body...because I don't think its the best choice. But, everyone is different

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 06-05-2009 at 01:39 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I personally don't believe Weston Price foundation is a valid primary resource. They may be an ok secondary resource. I'd definitely read the write up on quackwatch.org.

In my opinion, I don't think there is any benefit to butter but also no benefit to butter/cheese sprinkles. I never used them. I have used nutritional yeast which is interesting, has some health benefits and has a slightly cheesy flavor.

Once in a great while I'll buy earth balance but overall, I stay away from margarines and olive oil really is my oil of choice.

Last edited by nelie; 06-05-2009 at 01:51 PM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #7  

Q:
Is eating butter bad for me?

No, just use it within reason. True, a piece of butter contains two more grams of saturated fat than margarine does, but really, how much do you use? A smear on your toast, one on your corn. Remember, stick margarine contains partially hydrogenated oils, the dreaded trans fats that lower HDL (good) cholesterol. Soft tub margarines have less (some have none), but that’s still too much. If just 2 per cent of your daily calories are from trans fats, you’ve increased your heart-disease risk by 23 per cent, according to a recent review in the New England Journal of Medicine. “If you’re craving the flavour of butter, then buy butter,” says dietitian Milton Stokes. “The key is simply moderation.”
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:29 PM   #8  
Getting healthy again!!

This is one of those topics that people will always just agree to disagree on. There are studies that support both ways, personal testimonies that support both ways, and opinions that go both ways.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

harrismm - Earth balance has no hydrogenated oils and they come in stick and tub form. FYI. (That quote is either outdated or generic)

I'd agree though that hydrogenated oils are bad for you so stay away and that is definitely something everyone agrees on.

Last edited by nelie; 06-05-2009 at 02:40 PM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:44 PM   #10  
Tammy

S/C/G: 211/209/145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks, Cesbe, for answering my question if anyone has used them. I wasn't wondering about the health effects, only about the flavor. I didn't mean to cause any problems here.

Last edited by ladyviv; 06-05-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: eta last sentence.
ladyviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #11  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyviv View Post
Has anyone tried Molly McButter butter and cheese sprinkles?
I used either Butter Buds or Molly McButter and liked them both. Molly McB is more powdery than Butter Buds but the flavor is pretty much the same. Then I switched over to the butter flavor sprays (I liked the Smart Balance one). All of these products give more of a margarine type flavor rather than butter. (I don't think you can mimic the taste of real butter.)

I don't use these products anymore but found them invaluable when I first started dieting and needed to wean myself from buttered or sauced veggies.

Molly McButter Cheese is a great product. Yeah, it's fake cheese (like American cheese) but has a good flavor. It was great on broccoli and/or cauliflower and helped get me away from those veggies drowned in cheese sauce. I also used to use it on my scrambled Eggbeaters.
mizski is offline   Reply With Quote