Old 05-29-2009, 05:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default I need some boy help-you know, SERIOUS business.

Yes, I'm joking about the serious business, well, kinda

Here is the story. I have zero clue on how to talk to boys. Z E R O! Yesterday I'm phone shopping with my mom for my new cell phone. I go into a store and a really nice guy is helping me. A really nice, cute, guy I should mention. So, we are talking about the differences between a blackberry and a couple other phones. I ended up getting the blackberry. Throughout all this he and I are chit chatting, I find out that he is moving today. I'm totally oblivious that he might be flirting or anything with me. In the end, I get the blackberry and I say something like, it's going to take me 2 months to figure all this out. ( lol ) and he says if you have any questions you can call me, ( he programmed his number in my phone) even though I won't be here, I'd be happy to help you figure out anything you have questions on. I say oh, ok, thanks. Then he tells me about 4 more times, any problems I have, I can call, text or email him. He then gives me his business card that has his phone and email on it. I tell him thanks for all the help, and good luck moving and I'm out the door with my new toy ( blackberry ) My mom says as we are pulling out, you better stay in touch with him. He was flirting with you and told you a handful of times to call, text or email him with any questions. I kinda rolled my eyes at this and said sure mom, he was flirting with me. She said how many ppl you know out their phone numbers right in your phone if they don't want you to use it? I said IDK, nobody's ever done that to me.

Sooooo, here is my question, is my mom right? Does he want me to stay in touch with him? And if yes, HOW? I only met him this one time. How would I go about calling or texting him out of the blue?

Yes, it doesn't need to be said, I don't know how to talk to guys. But on the same side, it would be kind of cool to stay in contact with him, cause he was sooooo nice, and, like i said, was cute....

ugh....I'm lost! HELP!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

OMG!!!!
Text him right now...
he is one trick...
Text him telling you are doing a test and just want to see if your blackberry is working...
and if he text you back, keep going... ask about his moving and all that stuff...
you go girl!!!!

Last edited by belezura; 05-29-2009 at 05:53 PM.
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 145/Don't weight often/130

Height: 5'6

Good call Belezura.......just text saying you are testing it out...if he responds with a question or starting up a conversation I think he is for sure into you. I have bought plenty of phones and never has a salesperson told me to call them personally or actually programmed their number into my phone! Go for it, worst case he was just being polite, no harm no foul!
cooperistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

I've had lots of sales guys say "we're here to help", "come in anytime", "I'd be happy to help you anytime" but I've never had them program their number into my phone!!!

Definitely text him - it's a good way to test the waters.
kfs151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #5  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Oh my gosh girl, he was sooo flirting. Im with everyone else -- text and say you're testing.

Then come back and let us know what happened!
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #6  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

Yeah I have never had a sales guy give me his personal number. He is totally flirting. Keep us posted girly
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #7  
sugar is the devil

Agreed with all the above...

Just text him saying you are having such and such problem with the phone (make something up) and see what he says! more chit chatting can lead to a date
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:02 PM   #8  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Woohoo, I agree with everyone else here - he was flirting hard core, and there's no harm in reciprocating that interest. Worst case scenario it doesn't work out, and you're no worse off than you started
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:05 PM   #9  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

From a guys perspective, he is totally flirting with you and likes you. Text him now!

matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Thanks guys! It should be said that he was not moving locally. He was moving a few hundred miles away! But we had a nice chat on how he didn't have any strings holding him back here, and if he was going to do something crazy, now was the time to. He said if things didn't work out to where he was moving he could very easily move back.

Still think I should shoot a text his way? You know just for testing purposes and thanking him again for being helpful? He even gave me a 25% disct on the car charger. He said what are they gonna do to me? You're gonna be my last transaction, so I'll give you a disct for that.

Last edited by Smiling_Sara; 05-29-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:12 PM   #11  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Nothing ventured...nothing gained! You never know what twists and turns life will take. HAVE SOME FUN and text him girlfriend!!
bobblefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/206/150

Height: 5-4

this is a no brainer... text the guy...
what are you waiting for.... LOL
Make us all happy and let us know what happens....
lookingtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:30 PM   #13  
thin girl in me wants out

S/C/G: 193/189/132

Call him and say you can't work out the Blackberry planner and ask him to take you through it.... then you can casually mention which nights that week you have free.... *snicker*
gretchen1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:30 PM   #14  
thin girl in me wants out

S/C/G: 193/189/132

'oh my, look at that, i'm not doing anything AT ALL on Friday night!!"
gretchen1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:44 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

LOL Gretchen...I think that sounds like a great plan! I agree with everyone else...TEXT HIM!! (And then report back )
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote