Old 05-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #1  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Default Miracles still happen

I have spent the last week dividing my time between my parents and my mother-in-law. I had braced myself for a difficult week food-wise. We are caring for my mother-in-law who has terminal cancer. She is on a high calorie diet. For a break, I get to go to my parents’ home. My mother is the original food pusher.

It has gone better than I ever could have hoped. My family could see my weight loss and was very supportive. When my mother asked how she could help, I asked her to help me stay on my food plan. She kept food that I could eat. I would fix a high calorie meal for my mother-in-law and just drink water and pick at a little food while she ate. Then later when another family member came in, I would run over to my mother’s and eat. It worked out just fine.

I have another week to go. It will be a little more difficult because I will be alone with my mother-in-law more than I was this week. I will just do the best that I can. When I get home, I will have gone 2 weeks without weighing in. That will be the longest that I have gone since starting this journey.
I have only been able to check the forum a couple of times this week. I miss you all!!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:56 PM   #2  

It sounds like you are very blessed to be surrounded by people who love you and it's clear that you love them. I am sorry about your Mother-in-law but bless you for caring for her.

I think you should be so proud of yourself. You are in a situation that could easily trigger a backslide and instead of clinging to that as an excuse, you chose to work around it. CHOSE to do it. Life will always hand us ways to fail but you are finding ways to succeed IN SPITE OF obstacles. I hope you see a good loss when you get home. You could use a little good news.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:21 AM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Well done for making such very good choices in such a difficult situation.
Prayers for your m-i-l and all your family.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:30 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

It seems crystal clear to me, that you are doing superbly under an extremely difficult situation. You should be very proud of yourself. How easy it would have been to slide into old eating patterns. But no, you have stuck to your convictions through out, making this a true lifestyle change.

Sending good thoughts for your Mom-in-law & the whole family.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/150

Height: 5ft 4 inches

Wow. If you ever had any doubt that you could do this, you shouldn't now! Congratulations on keeping your focus under the most challenging of circumstances!
irishsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

It's awesome that your parents are so supportive. I've been living at home for a few months to save money, and everytime I open the fridge I have stuff i shouldn't eat staring back at me. Hard hard hard!!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:38 AM   #7  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

We miss you too time2lose!

You have done so well in such an awful situation. Good for you. You should be so proud.

And if something does creep up a little on the scale when you weigh in, don't even think about it. Part of this journey is dealing with the ups and downs in life and doing the best we can, which you have obviously done when it would've been so easy to give in a such an emotional and tough situation.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:44 AM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I'm so glad that you've found a way to stay on-plan in the midst of very stressful and emotional time.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

This is sooooooooo wonderful! You should be so proud of yourself, I'm sure I would have caved in. Good job!
Scarlet
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:58 AM   #10  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

You are doing great!!!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:05 AM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

Good for you for staying on plan in spite of being under a great deal of stress. That is great!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:01 PM   #12  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Good for you for taking care of yourself during this time.

*mega hugs*
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote