The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 05-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 286/157 (briefly) 170-180ish

Height: 5"9

Default Quick Question on Biggest Loser

Hey Guys,

Just interested in terms of average weight loss per week for the guys that go on the show. So, How long are they actually at the Ranch if they stay for the whole show?

Thanks
Old 05-28-2009, 06:32 PM   #2  
Token Vulcan

Hi Ellie, I'm Ellie, too!

There really isn't an average weight loss per week because there are so many contestants, plus you can't predict how well somebody's body is going to respond each week. Sometimes they can drop double digit numbers in a week (which may actually be longer than 7 days by their time); other times they may do the same strenuous workouts and lose next to nothing. Season 7's batch (this season that just ended) dropped some huge numbers in the beginning but they also started out heavier than previous contestants.

The length of time has differed through the seasons, too. This past one was the longest season of all...19 weeks of show, including the finale...timewise, the players were there from mid Sept 08-mid Feb 09, went home for 30 days, came back for a weigh-in and a marathon and went home again until the finale earlier this month. But that's basically 5 months spent mostly at the ranch. Season 6 only lasted 13 episodes. I think their taping was roughly mid-May 08-mid-Sept 08...they had already gone home by the time the show even began airing, then they had the live finale in December, so those finalists had 3-4 months at home before the finale.

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 05-28-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 286/157 (briefly) 170-180ish

Height: 5"9

Thanks Ellie! I was just looking at a post with all of the past Season's where are they now, and trying to figure out how long it took them all to lose all the weight. I wish I could be whisked away for 5 months and come back skinny!!!!

It's a litle disheartening, isn't it that so few of them manage to keep down to the end weight they were at for the finales.....
Old 05-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #4  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I was watching Oprah yesterday and some of the past contestants along with Bob and Jillian were on. They were saying the girls take in 1200 cals a day and burn way more cals off then they even take in. The guys take in 1800 cals and burn off way more then they take in. They workout out like 5 hrs or more a day on the ranch. Then they come home and they workout like 2 hrs the most 3 hrs a day.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:39 PM   #5  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

If you go to Wikipedia and look for TBL, they will tell you week by week what each contestant's weight loss was...
Kira
Old 08-11-2009, 08:50 AM   #6  

Red face

Hi there,

im new here and dont really know how it works here. im from germany and lost about 25 pounds in the last 2 month. let me tell you watchin the biggest loser online on youtube was and still is a big inspiration espacially jillian. my question is this, here in germany the biggest loser is not shown on tv, is there a possibility to get it on dvd? i think i already watched everything about biggest loser on youtube.

thanks
sarah