South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 06:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Chatterings

Good morning and happy Thursday!

I had trouble getting here this morning, I kept getting a database error message, but it seems to be fine now, thank goodness. It would be hard to start my day without 3FC!

It's looking to be a pretty spring day, and Maggie will probably want to have a picnic lunch in the park and ride her bike. I'm teaching her to ride without training wheels, and she's almost ready to take off on her own. We have Amber's Spring Concert this evening, and I'm looking forward to that.

I woke up especially hungry today, and am ready to tuck into my oatmeal with walnuts and fresh blackberries.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:03 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cottage. I was up and about at 5 but our power went out in the night and wasn't restored until around 6:30. I was desperate for coffee and was considering lighting the woodstove and making instant. Just as I remembered that I do have a wee propane stove, the power came back on.

Had a nice day in the city with my friend yesterday with a lovely simple lunch. I introduced her to the joys of roasted asparagus and she is completely hooked. I also managed a trip to a garden centre and was in heaven. Some people buy purses: I'm a plant addict!

Today will probably be an indoor day. maybe some sewing and some front porch deck time with the Doggage. My cushions are out on the wicker and I must make two more covers as I'm expecting a VIP visitor in about a month. Looks like we are having rain for at least two more days which means very little gardening so I'll get my brain in gear for some indoor jobs. I'm thinking of making Italian Wedding soup today as it's a soupy sort of day.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:20 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another gray and rainy day here, better for sleeping in than being productive.

Cottage - A picnic lunch sounds like fun Could you send some of that sun our way?

Ruth - roasted asparagus. Last year was my first year making it that way, I guess some of us are late bloomers

Today is a half work at home, half flex day. Monday was such a long day that I have a few hours coming so will put them to use running errands and doing house chores today. Of course we are hoping to free up time to play this weekend.

I resisted additional plants and just came home with 2 Amish Paste tomatoes. They are great for sauce and drying so I couldn't resist.

Well, repair guy coming in a few hours so I need to get breakfast and make the house presentable.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I hope your visitor is worthy of brand new cushion covers. I'm glad you had a good time yesterday, and I'm just like you in a garden center. I'm totally addicted and spend way too much money on plants, but get so much pleasure from them.

Cyndi, I hope you have a very productive day so you can play all weekend!

I'm switching out my handbags, and am trying to downsize from carrying so much stuff with me, but it's really hard. I need it all! How do people manage to get along with those cute tiny handbags? I seem to need a huge tote!
Old 05-28-2009, 07:46 AM   #5  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Good Morning Ladies!!! I am back!
There have been a few changes since I have been gone. There have been 2 additions to my family. A husband and a daughter. My husband has taken in my son as his own. We have plans for my husband to adopt him. I also couldn't have a better set of in-laws. They are wonderful! When we first got together, his parents would ask how I was doing and not even ask how he was doing! He would ask me what did I do to his parents.
I worked at a dialysis clinic for over a year. I fell in love with my patients! I miss them everyday. I initially decided to quit to concentrate on school, then we found out we were pregnant! Had some complications so I didn't go back to school. I did finally go back in January. I'm also going back to work soon..not to the clinic though. That was hard work, and wouldn't be able to handle working there and school. Been there, done that.
I am going "back to the beach" after I go back to work. I'm ready to start feeling better!

How have y'all been doing since I've been away??

Pssst! I have missed y'all!
Old 05-28-2009, 07:52 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It looks like things are in the making for a very nice day here. The heavy rain cycle seems to have passed, and it was quite warm yesterday. The plants are very happy.

Ruth, glad you got your power back. I had never cooked on propane before returning to Colorado, but really love it-AND I can make when the power is out. Whew! Enjoy your day inside, the day will come when it will be hard to get back in to do anything.

Cottage, have fun with the young ones today. I still remember the joy in learning to ride a bike. And....good luck with your purse

Cyndi, the Amish Tomatoes sound spectacular.

WB, Nice to meet you. on your new life! I look forward to getting to know you better.

Me, I'm doing paperwork early so I can do what I love I'm feeling good and glad to stay OP another day. I was called in to go to an event to receive a hefty check for our animal rescue group. Pictures were taken for the newspaper, and even though I'm not really fond of snapshots right now, I was so grateful that I have been on plan for close to a month.

I'm going to our church picnic Sunday and would love to make a SB friendly Rhubarb Cake. Any hints?

Thanks everyone for your support! Cottage, I appreciate your persistence in getting us going this morning. I, too, really enjoy starting my morning with 3FC!
Old 05-28-2009, 08:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks,
After my coffee emergency yesterday, my first cup tastes extra good today.
I need to go browse recipes. I've been in a rut lately with dinner plans. I've got chicken breasts thawing for dinner, and no idea what to do with them.
It's still overcast and drizzly here, but hopefully it will clear up as the day goes on. DD2 has her dress rehearsal for dance recital tonight, so that will take up the whole evening. But then it's an easy coast to the weekend! It will probably seem extra short this week after my 4-day weekend last week.
So funny, DD2 had the 5th grade "sex" class this week. They focus on the hygiene not the sex at this age, and every morning this week, she's been up and in the shower before I even go up to wake her. Usually I have to send her in there kicking and screaming. I wonder how long this will last?

Lexxis, bug cottage, she is the rhubarb queen. She gave me a bunch of recipes last year. I think one of them was a cake, but I haven't tried that one yet.
Hi wenchybritches, welcome back! And congrats on your new additions.
cottage, I have a wristlet with my license, credit card, and some cash. My keys attach to it, and I can even squeeze my phone in there. That's all I need for short outings. For longer days, I throw the whole thing in a bigger bag with all the crappage that kids require.
Cyndi, maybe it is the weather or a weekend attitude hangover but I've been totally non-productive this week.
Ruth, mmm soup sounds good, I can eat it all year long. I would love to find an old wood stove to put in the kitchen. I've got the chimney hookup already. Do you ever use yours?

Last edited by Schmoodle; 05-28-2009 at 08:10 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Cottage, I caught a bad virus on my computer this week. It was a Trojan Horse virus. DH say I got it from Facebook.

Ruth, I introduced my supervisor to roasted brussell sprouts this week. She is totally hooked.

Cyndi, I haven't seen Amish tomatoes. We have pineapple tomatoes. They are still green, but very cute. I hope they will be yummy.

WB, Nice to meet you!

Lexxiss, I'm with you regarding pictures. Yuck!

Schmoodle, Make fajitas with your chicken. Just an idea.

Me: I'm in my cropped jeans and Birkenstocks today. The boss is away. The Therapist is out. Just me and my Supervisor, who will be in flipflops. Love it! She says she's leaving at noon to go shopping. Perfect!

My husband hurt himself yesterday. One of his side jobs is fixing chassis and containers for tractor trailer rigs. He had a ladder leaning against the back, and it fell with him on it. He scraped all the skin off the front of his shin. It's a bloody, yucky mess about the size of a grapefruit. It could have been worse, but it's bad enough. My pre-mommy self would have thrown up and passed out. Unless it gets infected, he is NOT going to the doctor. I'm putting Neosporin on it and big bandaids while he's working. While he's home, he's leaving it open to air. Is that what you would do?

I'm off to work. The week is almost over!
Old 05-28-2009, 08:34 AM   #9  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning chickies!

Ruth-I LOVE the garden center! How do you make your italian wedding soup? I used to love it when I ate meat(although I bought it out of a can) I am sure I could make veggie substitutions... getting DH to eat soup in the summer is the problem!
Cyndi- GL with all your chores! Hope you have a fun weekend!
Cottage- Good luck with the handbag thing! I will tell you I have a little one... and 90% of the time its so full it won't close! Ha!
WB-Welcome back!
Lex-I am sure your pictures will turn out great! and thanks for being an animal "supporter" I used to foster animals for a local rescue- its such a rewarding experience!
Schmoodle- I remember the fifth grade "Sex" talk... seems our was more about feminine products and proper disposal- weird, they must have had some problems with early bloomers at my school! LOL
Chelby- hope your hubby s legs heals quickly- that sounds like a good plan, just keep an eye on it! Enjoy your relaxed day at work
Well, I am just getting ready for work... for those of you that have a BELK store around you should check it out soon- I don't normally like to shop there but last night I went and got 3 pairs of jeans, 3 pairs of black capris, 1 pair of black pants all for 78 bucks! (no, I am not crazY I just have to wear black to work everyday!) I saved 295.00~ all their clearance was half off the lowest price marked!
Well, I better run finish getting ready- hope you chickies have a great day!

Last edited by rdw1; 05-28-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #10  
sophie

Good morning

Cottage - Maggie will always remember who taught her how to ride a bike. I have a small purse but keep switching to my big bag.

Ruth - do you crush some garlic on your asparagus - I just love the way it makes the house smell.

Cyndi - Never heard of those tomato plants, if I had more land I would plant so many tomatoes. Weekend is almost here.

WB - nice to meet you. Love your avatar

Lex - Hope you get a recipe for OP rhubarb cake.

Schmoodle - I too am in a rut and have resolved to try at least two new recipes every week. Eh, sex education. I was educated by french canadian nuns and we all were brought by a stork.

Chelby - Have fun at work. Hope the ghost is on holidays too.

Me - I wish I knew moderation in doing things. Got carried away yesterday and today my whole body is suffering from repetitive motion. Maybe I will clean the fridge today since tomorrow is pick up day.
take care everyone
Sophie
Old 05-28-2009, 09:41 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cottage- enjoy your day.

Ruth- it has been raining non-stop for too many days now, I am ready for the sun.

Cindy- have fun with your half day, I am hoping for wfh tomorrow.

Wenchy- Welcome back to SB- sounds like you had a lot of nice things happen to you while you where gone.

Debbie- Hope you have a wonderful day today.

Schmoodle- Wish I could move down to something that small- I think Cottage and I are on the same page- my bag is loaded down.

Chelby- That is why I am not a nurse, my stomach turns looking at stuff like that- keep an eye on it. Seems like a few people have either picked a bug or got their accounts hacked on facebook. I never click on links and do not join any invitations for that reason.

Rikki- sounds like you did some smart shopping- we do not have a belks around here though.

Sophie we were posting at same time- have a nice day

Busy today again more interviews then we shall narrow the list and invite some back for another round. Tonite is DD2 play practice and that is about it. At the soccer banquet last night two of the hs girls got into a catfight- you would think they would have better manners than that.

Have a great day ladies

Last edited by Pearlrose; 05-28-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hello, everyone! Quick check in this morning, but I will probably be back later. I have a huge pile of files on my desk right now and I really need to get it taken care of. I hope everyone's doing well!
Old 05-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

What a great post, Cottage! Sounds like SUCH a fun day and I love your breakfast. Mmmmm....I can't WAIT for farmer's markets around here to start having berries. I'm planning to stock up!

Ruth, did you share your roasted asparagus recipe/directions in the asparagus thread? If not, please do! I'd love to know more...

Welcome back, WB. Congrats on the new additions to your family.

Still haven't been able to ride by bike to work--too much rain. But I did a trial run yesterday when it wasn't wet and was surprised to find that it took me the same amount of time to ride to work as to drive there! Amazing!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Sophie -- Mrs. Petrie (the ghost) has been messing with me. When I come back to my desk after leaving to do something, my chair is moved down to the lowest position. Also, the fax machine -- If I'm standing over it, it works perfectly. If I leave it while it's running, it messes up every time! Crazy! I told my Supervisor, I'll be fine as long as she doesn't touch me. If she touches me, I'm going home.

Beachgal, How far are you from your office? My office is 10 miles away up a major highway. Haven't considered biking, but it's a thought....
Old 05-28-2009, 11:53 AM   #15  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Hey, girls!

We're leaving tomorrow for Minnesota for two weeks. We're driving through the night -- wish us luck. I'm worried that Connor will cry the entire time.

I'm following the plan pretty strictly but am not seeing any real loss...I'm still breastfeeding exclusively and on mirena. Would someone critique my menus?

Breakfast: 1 cup plain, ff, yogurt; 3 strawberries
Lunch *had a late breakfast*: taco bake over shredded cabbage; extra black beans; water
snack: green grapes
dinner: Big Easy shrimp; small amount of brown rice (maybe 1/4 cup); broccoli salad (broccoli, onions, sunflower seeds - dressing: mayo, rice vinegar, splenda); milk

Breakfast: 1 slice ww toast, fat free cream cheese, cinnamon, 3 slices of apple; milk
snack: SB protein water
lunch: taco bake over shredded cabbage; extra black beans; water
dinner: spaghetti squash with homemade tomato sauce; green beans; zucchini
snack: plain, ff yogurt with 1/4 cup blueberries

Maybe I'm not getting enough veg? I always pack my recipes with more veg than called for. Spaghetti sauce is full of mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, zucchini and eggplant. Taco bake has lots of veggies as well as Big Easy shrimp. I feel full all the time and usually get 96 oz. of water per day.

I just don't understand why it is so hard this time around!
Closed Thread