Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 05-27-2009, 06:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Default PB2--Peanut Butter with 85% less fat!

A small family owned store in my area is now carrying this. I bought some today for the first time. It is amazing. I love it! I can totally eat it the rest of my life. Thanks 3FC for telling me about something so deeelish!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Well , tell me, what is the name of this PB ? Is it sold in supermarkets ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

wow, that's amazing. They must substitute the peanuts for something else, or do they find a way to get rid of the peanut oil?
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/202.5/150...or lower...

Height: 5'5"

http://www.consumersearch.com/peanut...-peanut-butter
http://www.bellplantation.com/images...t_flyer_v3.pdf

hmmmmmmm...the nutritional info doesn't look too bad...
but instead of "frankenfood" i'd rather stick with my natural organic peanut butter...just my 2 cents.
willow68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #5  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow68 View Post
but instead of "frankenfood" i'd rather stick with my natural organic peanut butter...just my 2 cents.
Me too! It's my daily treat to myself. And the oil (Monounsaturated) is very healthy and promotes loss of abdominal fat.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

There are a lot of thread here in which people have talked about PB2 and how people use it. Unfortunately you can't search PB2, because it's only three letters, but if you search using the words peanut butter powder or powdered peanut butter, you should find a lot of thread. Some even mention websites that sell it, if you can't find it locally.

If I see it locally, I'll definitely pick it up, but I use peanut butter so rarely that it doesn't seem sensible to buy online, because of the shipping costs.

I believe that it's basically defatted peanut flour, perhaps with added salt. I used to see defatted peanut flour (it's a byproduct of extracting peanut oil) in the health food store bins when I lived in central Illinois, but never had a use for it, so never bought it. Our local health food store doesn't carry it, but I keep looking. I'd ideally like to find it in the bins, because I can try a very small quantity.

It's fairly minimally processed as I understand it. It's not a chemical concoction, but rather peanuts which have been roasted, pressed to extract the oil, and then ground (or maybe it's pressed, roasted then ground).

Last edited by kaplods; 05-27-2009 at 08:59 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow68 View Post
http://www.consumersearch.com/peanut...-peanut-butter
http://www.bellplantation.com/images...t_flyer_v3.pdf

Frankenfood? What a response. The label of ingredients states, "Peanuts, Sugar, Salt." But of course, to each their own!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #8  

I have some.I think its just OK though.But I find myself eating a lot of just OK foods these days to save calories.Not bad but nothing I crave, thats for sure.I do prefer natural nut butters.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:01 PM   #9  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I eat smart balance's peanut butter. It may be 200 calories for 2tbsp, but I think it's worth it and it's a good fat. I don't think I could substitute it!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:57 AM   #10  
Fox

S/C/G: 205/197/160

I tried the PB2 once, ended up throwing the whole jar out, ick!
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:44 AM   #11  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

I love PB2 and eat it practically every day. It's just peanuts, with most of the fat removed. I eat it stirred into yogurt, or mixed with sugar-free jam to make a spread, or blended into smoothies. It gives that peanutty flavor that I love and a protein boost without the peanut oil.

No it doesn't taste the same as regular peanut butter, but it is a more than acceptable substitute to me.
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:58 AM   #12  

I've ordered it several times from Bell PLantation and really like it. Last time I even tried the chocolate PB2!

Anyway, I don't think I would use this stuff straight, like in a peanut butter sandwich, but for me it is an excellent substitute in to make things like thai peanut sauce and add to desserts.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:35 PM   #13  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

I disagree with the Frankenfood reference. I stumbled upon this at my local store and after some serious hemming and hawing, I bought it. I thought it was worth a try for 45 calories per 2 TB. And you know what, it's not 1/2 bad. It would take a little getting used to, but I can do that for approximately 150 calories less per 2 TB. I would recommend you at least give it a try.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:59 AM   #14  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

My Trader Joe's now sells defatted peanut flour, which I believe is the same thing as PB2. It's like powdered peanut butter, about 25 calories per tablespoon.

I haven't tried to make actual peanut butter with it, but I've been stirring it into my oatmeal and it adds a nice peanutty flavor at around 1/4 the calories of regular peanut butter. I also think it might be good for cooking--for example, in place of regular peanut butter in sauces.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote