Black haired 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 03:46 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 10/21-10/27

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=21225

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 10-21-2002, 03:49 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there are two of them today.

ONCE YOU SEE THE MISTAKE

Perhaps you made a mistake, and perhaps it was a serious one, but that mistake is now history. Even though you might be paying its price for some time to come, the mistake itself is over. For as soon as you realize you've made a mistake, it goes from being a negative to a positive influence. Once you see it was a mistake, you've already begun to correct it and to find ways that you can become stronger because of it.

Mistakes can be costly, and yet the good thing is that the more you pay for a mistake, the more positive value you'll get from it. Mistakes, though they are rarely ever sought, end up being excellent investments once they're understood.

Usually, mistakes are at their most destructive stage when you have not yet recognized them as mistakes. Don't be afraid to see your mistakes, because as soon as you realize something is a mistake you can begin to transcend it.

Mistakes can continue to set you back or they can begin to move you forward. It all depends on when you see them and recognize them for what they are.

Have the courage to admit your mistakes, see and understand them, and you'll transform them from mistakes into valuable knowledge.

-- Ralph Marston

ON YOUR WAY

What a sublime joy it is to be on your way, to be moving each moment with focus and commitment toward a destination you have chosen. When there is a purpose to your efforts, a purpose in which your heart is truly invested, it brings a blissful lightness even to the most imposing burdens.

Once you are on your way, momentum becomes your partner. By filling your moments with effective and productive action, you put time itself on your side. Your world can change in an instant from dismal to hopeful when you start making the real effort to do something about it. Certainly there will be setbacks and frustrations, yet even the most onerous setbacks still leave you with the desire and ability to move on ahead.

Get on your way and you'll discover conditions and events pushing you forward, conditions and events you previously thought would have only held you back. Get on your way, and you'll soon be turning liabilities into assets, weaknesses into strengths.

Express your commitment to make something positive happen by actually beginning to do it. You can think and plan and hope and dream, yet the real fulfillment begins as soon as you get on your way.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 10-21-2002, 09:18 AM   #3  

Good Monday Morning Everyone

Well, needless to say, things sure didn't work out the way I had hoped to with me getting on the board and catching up with all the posts. Even though I had made a forewarning at the beginning of the week about how busy the week was going to be, it was moreso. I haven't even had time to go and read all the posts. So, I hope, if y'all don't mind, I'm going to start this week anew.

As you can see, from the time that I started the boards, I was up in the wee hours of the morning. I woke up around 2am ish and couldn't fall back asleep until about 5:30am, only about a half hour before I have my alarm set and have to wake up. ELI wasn't home when I woke up so I called him, he was still at work-he didn't come to bed til after 4:30am and I tossed and turned trying to go back to sleep. He went back to work around 7:30am and I tried to go back to sleep as well but I'm still just tossing and turning, the phone rang, so now, I'm up.

With that, I didn't get in my walk this morning-I have no energy. It pisses me off because I had all good intentions of doing so when I went to sleep last night. I didn't get to walk yesterday and if I don't get out today, which, as you know with me, if I don't do it in the early AM it's a good chance it won't happen at all, thus, 3 days in a row of no exercise There's a good possibility that I won't go tomorrow, but hoping that I will.

Not much of anything exciting to tell about down here. Parent's made it home from NC safe and sound and with a crap load of stuff. Niece's bday party yesterday, didn't touch any of the cake or ice cream, or any of the food they had at that. I don't even remember what I wrote about last and where I would even pick up from. I can tell you that my eating sucked big time on Saturday but yesterday it was stellar and it will be so once again today.

Tomorrow is my interview and once again, I'll be asking for all the good thoughts you may be able to throw my way. I'm just praying since I have gained a few pounds the dress I intend to wear fits! Better go see if I have a pair of pantyhose around, something I so very rarely wear, I don't even know if I have any. I'm just hoping that one of the job descriptions is NOT having to dress nicely all the time, if that's the case and I get offered the position, I just may have to think about this twice-if I can't wear my black stretchy capris, I don't know what I'd wear!

Well gals, hope you all forgive me about my lack of posting to everyone during last week. I PROMISE to be better this week, I don't have half of what was going on last week going on this week. The only way I can't make it on the computer is when the kids are hogging it for school, which is exactly what happened last night, both of our phone lines were tied up with both kids on the computer on line, one on our account the other under my Mother's. What do you do when they both need it at the same time???

I'll check back in later with you all.

Have a great week!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 10-21-2002, 09:56 AM   #4  

Default Good Morning

Forgive me, my post is very self-centered….

I went on a binge, a real binge…I sat in "the closet binging" on everything bad for me…but what I realized this morning….

I am unpleasant, unhappy, disappointed, overall crappy mood and all because I ate things I should not have. The face I see in the mirror is not the one I was getting so happy with a month ago! I started swelling again, and that was one of the biggest, most important reasons for doing Sugar Busters, to keep my kidneys functioning properly.

So, I make a promise to myself, that I am the old me today – the gung ho, happy with myself, and improving every day that I stay on track and on program. Exercise has started, I have my stomach cruncher, and walking with the dogs every night – and tomorrow I have an appointment at the gym again.

I am giving myself a goal to accomplish within the next three months, one I know I can meet.

I thought if I tell you all this, then I have something to answer to…. And, I have to be very consistent in keeping up with the board!!!!

Thanks for being there.. Sabrina
Old 10-21-2002, 10:27 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Default ((((Sabrina))))

Hey woman! I hear ya loud and clear. And I soooo relate. Praying that your new drive and motivation are strong and well rooted. That you will not be tempted by things that will make you swell or feel bad. I also pray when you look in the mirror you will see the beautiful talented funny woman that you are. And you will see the you that you are working toward.

Hang in there...the binge is over and you are back on the road to good health.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 10-21-2002, 11:09 AM   #6  

I'm sorry this will be so short, but it seems my left hand is giving me trouble this morning, right along with the right.

I too awoke up this morning dreading standing on the scale, as I too made concious poor decisions this weekend. After reading the first 3 posts of the day, I wrote this:

We can do this together, I know we can. Step back up to the plate (no pun intendended), we are going to bat you and I. We will hit a home run, but first we must bunt, and then run base by base...until we score our first run. Each time we get up to bat, it's a new opportunity for a hit/ball/strike. The more we practice, the better we will get, but accepting that this is a life time committment, rather than a diet that we can stop after our weight is lost, is our first step. (I guess the world series is on my mind.)

Batter Up!

HUGS!
Lara
Old 10-21-2002, 11:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday Gang!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and ready to jump into this week committed and OP!

Finally got DH a suit at JC Penney's (your place Deb) for 30% off. Also got a sport coat $150 for $60. Pleased with that deal too. Tried to find him some shoes, but none fit right. This cruise is becoming expensive. Of course I had to get soemthing too. 2 sweaters that were 30% off. I am committed to saving on my money each week to buy 1 thing. I just have no clothes. Everytime I go to get dressed, what I put on is too big. Granted that's a wonderful feeling, but going naked is just not an option. So I have the basic color pants so I will try to buy a top a week to get some variety. I have 1 pair of jeans that I was every other day. I just hate to invest too much so when I lose this last 20 pounds I won't have too many big clothes again.

Deb said the boards would be slowing down around the holidays, and boy have they. :sad: I miss everyone.

Fillise, How exciting about the President coming. Hope you get to meet him. Hope your week isn't too crazy.

Sef, Sorry to hear about your cousin. Hope he does ok.

Gators, I really thought the gators were going to lose that one. Lucky bucs! Looks like Spurrier may be coming back to UF. He has lost 4 now.

Deb, Sounds like you had a crazy night. There is a full moon, maybe that's it. Eli is a workaholic isn't he? Man he is going to burn out. Get back out there tomorrow. Don't get caught behind, it gets harder to get out there the longer you wait. Loved the MM. Especially the one on mistakes. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Sounds like you are on the right track with your eating. WTG for succeeding at the bday party. Keeping my fingers crossed for the interview. But I know you will shine. Sorry I missed your call Sat. Weekends are always busy at my house.

Tranquil, You made a mistake, you have learned from it. Now you are even more committed. Way to go on committing to the exercise and good eating. You have a great frame of mind. One that will succeed. I know you will reach your first goal. Keep in touch often.

Off to do some work. Debating on eating my apple. Not really hungry. Haven't been for 2 days. Go figure. TOM is knocking on the door too.

Jackie
257/165/145
10-10-01
Old 10-21-2002, 01:33 PM   #8  

Default Lunch time

Hi:

Just finished eating a salad and I had a small handful of grapes for a snack. I am doing well! Gungho!!!

Country - Thank you so much - your note made me feel very good!!!!!! You are a great inspiration with all the weight you have lost too - thanks again for your support!!!

Idblond - Right there with you on your team! Hope you are doing better OP today...

JackK - Oh how exciting about a cruise coming up!!!!! So much fun shopping and getting ready for a vacation! Thanks for being there for me.... If you lose another 20 pounds, will there be anything left of you????? After you hit this goal and go on your cruise, you must dress up and have your photo taken with Hubby and post it for us!

Deb - working on seeing when I can get my tushy down there for a visit.... I am going to be mailing off a little something for you - a belated birthday present from London.

Take care all, Sabrina
272/?/157
Old 10-21-2002, 01:39 PM   #9  

Morning Girls!

Sabrina---ugghhhh, i know what you mean! My mom made some of those peanut butter, chocolate, oatmeal drop cookies this weekend! AND my neice came over to spend the night so we HAD TO HAVE DOUGHNUTS TOO!! I feel totally blahhhh today. I've been kinda of in a mood also, so i guess i need to straighten up and fly right!!

I am going to Knoxville this weekend to the UT vs Al game and i'm DREADING IT!! I quit drinking in April and now i am going to this big party football game where everyone is tailgating and living it up!! The not drinking is not the problem. I quit and i am not looking back. BUT, my dh still drinks it up on football weekends and he is a HUGE ALABAMA fan and i am a HUGE TENN FAN! This weekend every year gets UGLY So, i am not looking forward to the weekend. We are going with a bunch of people and everyone is soooo excited. I just want to hide!!

oh well, thanks for letting me vent!!

I'm gonna try and be good this week!!---i just tossed the last of the cookies away!!---but i did eat a few!!---everyone have a good week---debyj
Old 10-21-2002, 03:23 PM   #10  

Hi everyone! I went to a wedding last night, and tasted a lot of the stuff they had. Food was not impressive and I did not eat much. I tried to stick to the somewhat legal stuff, like meatballs, and a little sandwich on a whole grain (looking) roll. I did taste the cake. Yuck! I had made the groom's cake and it was much better, if I do say so myself!

I am still fighting this illness. My head is pounding and I barely slept last night due to how sore my throat was. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning...they couldn't get me in today. I hope he finds something wrong that he can fix, and that is is not just some virus I have to continue to live with.

I boiled a chicken and plan to live off chicken broth until I am well. That is about all I can swallow right now!

And on that cheery note, I am going to go take a nap. Bet you all think that is about all I do! Nap nap nap! Lately, I feel like it!

Old 10-21-2002, 04:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Just checking in before I head home.

We have to go to the funeral home. My DH boss's father died. Hate to do that. Then home to get my walk in and work out later.

Bob: How about those CATS this weekend???? Never thought they'd beat the Hogs. How is your mom doing?

Tranquil, doing great girl. I had a salad for lunch too and an apple.

IDblond, We were posting at the same time. I hate that your left hand is giving you trouble today too. Sure wish there was something they could do for you. Yes we all need to remember this is forever and not a diet. Glad you are recommitting today.

Debyj, I made those cookies with splenda. They were good. The next time I will make them with agave. There is always something else you can have in place of the bad things. Be prepared for the weekend. Take a taco salad dip or veggie tray with you. Make the cheesecake. Just think how much better you are going to feel than those partiers that are hung-over the next day. Especially if UT
wins.

Monet, I'm sure your cake was much better. Wish you lived closer so you could do my DD's cake. Sure hope the Dr. can give you something. Take care and get well soon.

See you guys tomorrow.

Jackie
Old 10-21-2002, 04:35 PM   #12  

Hi everyone!

Its been a long time since I have posted.

Well I made my goal of 150 for my birthday!! Yayyyy....

Last week I was soooo sick, I had a bad reaction to some antibiotics I was taking for a sinus infection. I could not eat for 3 days. I was down to 146....
Unfortunately the only stuff I could keep down was bananas and white toast with butter....then moved to chicken and mashed potatos. Bad news!!!

Today is the first day being op...its a bit tough after all that. I'm going to stay strong.....cant loose all the momentum!!!!

Hope all is well with all of you!
Old 10-21-2002, 06:27 PM   #13  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Talking WAHOOOOOO!!!!

Guess who stayed OP ALL WEEKEND!!!!!!!
Bout Dadgum Time!!

Ever since that day I posted I was back at it, I haven't had anything I should not have! I had even slacked off in drinking caffiene again and I've been off of that since I started back full force as well! GO BETH!

SABRINA - Girl I hear ya... I went on a TWO MONTH binge, so don't feel like you can't come back from this. I started SB in January and lost all my weight by April... I've been stuck ever since and I got frustrated and just started eating whatever. I'm lucky I didn't gain anything back, but gosh I felt like CRAP! If Me the of lack of self control can get my tush in gear YOU CAN DO IT TOO!!!!! I went from FULL FORCE SB, to eating about 6 pop tarts a day, and candy, and white bread (yuck) and everything else. BUT I grabbed the bull by the balls and I'm back on the wagon... and I've got your seat warm right here next to me!!!!!! C'mon up, it's not as hard to get back on as I thought~!

Well... I'm off to tend to my lasagna I'm taking a pan to the guys 'n gals in the jail (I'm not telling them it's SB legal, I'm gonna let em eat it first... although, they eat some of that food from the jail kitchen, they've gotta like this..LOLOLOL) Figured I'd give them a non-toxic meal

Have a fabulous OP week everyone I'm gonna keep my butt posting cause it's the only way to keep myself honest 'n legal!

I love you gals (and Daramus...lol!) thanks for helping me get back in gear and STAY there!!!

See Y'all Later!!
Old 10-21-2002, 06:54 PM   #14  

Default Monday Evening

Hi All! Well, three more days until our big event. Today was spent finalizing the reservation list and getting all the baskets for the silent auction ready. Whew! There is so much pre-work to this thing. I don't have time for a huge post, but just wanted to check in.

Lately I've been really down in the dumps thinking this is a never ending battle, and how I work and work and nothing comes off. So this morning I had my annual physical (not the pappy part) and was talking to the dr about how down in the dumps I was. She looked through the file and said, "Kim, you've lost 11 pounds since June. That's great!" Well, needless to say, my attitude skyrocketed after that bit of info. I guess the lesson here is "Keep on Keeping on" or "Keep on Truckin'" or "Stop being a whiney butt". I'm not sure which one I will take, probably not the third one.

TRANQ----Can you feel those power hugs???? They are coming your way. Everytime you say Gungho, I think about that wonderful old movie with Michael Keaton. Remember how he got all those auto workers revved up to take up the challenge??? That's what you do for me and the rest of us!!! You are doing great. Don't let your slip up determine the rest of the week, month, or year. Hang in there, babeeeeee!!!

JACK---You are doing some serious competition with our illustrious leader on the shopping front. Way to go!!!! I missed the details about your cruise. Have fun. REmember how well you did on your last cruise. Hey, I wanted to thank you for the sweet things you posted to me last week. That was so nice and I had no chance to answer you. Here's what I think: you are such a positive, important part of this board. Since you post with much more regularity that me and because you can post many times during the day, you are REALLY, REALLY helping so many of us. I cannot wait to meet you. Perhaps we can figure something out. A few years ago I went to this great little outlet mall (really tiny, but foudn great stuff) around the Carrollton exit on I-71. Do you know this place? Perhaps someday we can meet there. I think it's about halfway between where we are. Do you have any ideas???

Well, take care to the rest of you. I will try to post this weekend. Possibly on Friday when I SPEND THE ENTIRE DAY IN MY PAJAMAS, I will catch up.

Hugs to you all.
Kim
Old 10-21-2002, 08:01 PM   #15  

Hey All

Lazy day down here. I just had no energy, no desire to do diddly-squat. The most effort I put out today was driving the kids and going to the grocery store! I'll be hitting the hay early tonight for sure.

Poop! Forget the interview for tomorrow, it was changed to Friday instead. Seems the lady's secretary told everyone that the interviews were tomorrow when she actually meant today, so her boss has been sitting and waiting with no one showing up to meet her. At least I'm not the only one Well, I guess that just gives me a few extra days to prepare myself and I guess it gives me a chance to see if my dress fits! So come Friday at 10:30am I'll be there!

I heard from FROG. Actually, I called her over the weekend, but she couldn't talk, but I got an e-mail from her and she wanted me to share it with you, the important stuff that's keeping her busy, at least:

I am busy with social stuff, rather than business, right now, although next month HUGE SLAH month. Add to all of this, it's now HOCKEY season! WOO
HOO!! I spent part of Fri and Sat assiting in decorating for a ball that is a fund raiser or the Art's Council. Saturday morning I was sewing curtains! Then we went to the Hockey game and we spent all day yesterday decorating and cleaning. Next weekend will be NUTS too! It's Bill's b-day, last minute prep for the ball and the ball! WHEW! The 7th of the November is our 10 year wedding anniversary too!

Almost died when ELI came walking in the door today at 5:30pm-what a shocker, esp. since he told me he was closing tonight. So, with that, and him in mind I'm going to get a move on my replies before it gets too late...

TRANQUIL, well it seems we both had a set back but are picking ourselves up and dusting ourselves off and back on track. I think it's good for you to get back to the gym, as long as it doesn't aggrivate your foot. I remember when you were going and feeling mighty good. I know with just having 3 days of no jogging has put me in a lousier mood than normal. Hoping to get some decent sleep tonight so I can be perky and wanting to go out tomorrow. HOLD THE PKG, bring it yourself, gives you another reason to come down.

DEBY, why not try this for the game, why not go buy yourself some interesting carbonated diet drinks, or flavored waters, stuff you'd not normally buy yourself and indulge on those-make them a special treat for yourself? Just an idea

MONET, hope you are feeling better soon. Keep drinking that Jewish penicillin, it usually works wonders

CHRIS, CONGRATS on getting to 150 (and below, even if it was from being sick). At least you know your body will go down in that area. Gosh, if I knew a sinus medication that would make me not want to eat for 3 days I'd take it without needing it. The scale is stuck up for me, I'm ready to do just about anything if it doesn't start moving in a downward trend soon!

BETH, you go girl! Glad to hear you're back on track. Seems like it's infectious. Keep up the great work and the great attitude!!

QUILTER, I second the Dr.- you keep it up. 11 pounds since June is wonderful. Good luck with your event, I'm sure it will be very successful!!! Did you ever contact Starbucks for a donation??

LDBLOND, hope your hand starts to feel better soon. I liked what you wrote!!!

JACKK, geez, too bad we can't go to Penney's together, I could of gotten you another 20% & another 10% off. I bought a ring there the other day, got 30%, 20% and 10% off. Lately it seems they've had some great sales. I use to never go there, but now I seem to go there a lot. Sorry I missed you too, not to worry, I give it the old gung ho and if you aren't home, I'll try, try again (sometime in the near future). Yes, ELI is definitely a workaholic and sometimes it makes him look like an alcoholic, his eyes get so red from lack of sleep!

Okay gals, I'm outta here for tonight. Will check in tomorrow after I walk.

Nite

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Closed Thread