Old 05-27-2009, 01:14 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Exclamation I realised something.....

My life has been OUT OF CONTROL since January. I lost my job and everything went down the drain. I STILL have not been able to find a job, I have money issues right now, I had to resign from Weight Watchers, and I'm depressed and I feel worthless. Which in return made me eat OUT OF CONTROL since January. I am your typical emotional eater. I have been lucky enough to not gain any significant amount of weight back. I've just been chilling between 269-260 since January. Well I woke up a few days ago and realised, I can't control anything in my life right now EXCEPT for what I eat. I can't control the job situation, I can't control friends, I can't control my lack of money, but I CAN control what I put into my body. I finally woke up and smelled the coffee. No more excuses. That's what I've been making for myself the last 5 months, EXCUSES after EXCUSES. This is by far the worst year of my life so far. I am so grateful for 3FC though. I NEED you guys. I NEED your support. I just thought I would let you guys in on what has been going on with me. I'm ready to do this again. For real this time.

Last edited by luvja; 05-27-2009 at 01:16 PM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 293/248/150

Height: 5'8"

Your post sounds like me two years ago, except add in "and my husband moved out." During that time, I wound up basically being anorexic. In my own mind, that was how I controlled what I ate.

Unfortunately, I don't really have any advice for you. I do think it's great, though, that you've realized you're out of control. It's the first step to gaining control. Good luck!
Lachelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:23 PM   #3  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

I'm so happy that you have had such an amazing realization. You really do have power over your own body. Hopefully as things begin to fall into place on the personal front, the rest of your life will begin to fall into order as well. I know I'm new to the boards, but I'm here should you need to talk, vent, or scream .
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #4  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Good for you.

And you know what? I've been there... or at least in similar situations. Rock bottom basically. And from that I've learned taking control of one thing (food/eating right) is a step in the right direction and a lot of things seem to fall in behind it. Something to do with cosmic alignment? Who knows.

But, as someone said above.... don't let this make you into a food/control freak. Life is about balance.... finding a GOOD one.... and maintaining it. Throwing yourself onto the opposite end of the spectrum is going to just make things worse. Find your balance... your inner chi.... or whatever.... and I think everything else good will find you too.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

Yaay for coming back! I really think when you focus on what you can change, and make positive steps forward, the rest of your life will catch up to your new outlook. Keep all your goals and everything you want out of this year at the forefront of your mind (or like have a bulletin board with pictures of things you want to achieve). I know it sounds corny, but I really think it works!
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/147/130

Height: 5'4

KEEP MOVING FORWARD, GIRL!

don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

It's your life and it's now or never, you ain't gonna live forever!! <----ok I totally stole that from the Bon Jovi song but just wanted to tell you that...haha.

Good luck<3 we got your back.

Last edited by beautifulmess; 05-27-2009 at 04:59 PM.
beautifulmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #7  

Height: 5'9"

Thank you for the support everyone. I am so glad to be back
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote