Old 05-27-2009, 12:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/147/130

Height: 5'4

Default Help me, sistas

Ok, so my aunt is visiting for like freako 2 weeks.
She's taking up on my room. I'm sleeping in the livingroom on the couch. SHe's very intrusive, is always all up in my grill. Anyway, i can't exercise or eat right around her it seems.

-Like when the whole family is eating and I skip it because it's too heavy, she looks at me with angry eyes and asks "Why aren't you eating? you have to eat something". I tell her I already ate a salad an hour earlier. She still doesn't get it. Insists that I should eat the greasy chicken and salted bread. Why would I when I already ate? and what kind of food is that? SHe always watches what I'm eating like a hawk.

-Two days ago we were on a roadtrip to my uncles house. We stopped by the rest area and everyone got stuff to eat, decluding myself. I got a diet coke. She just looked at me like I was nuts. While in the car, she told my mom to give me a soft pretzel (one of those big salted ones), told her to put the pretzel in my hand, like I was some 5 year old who wouldn't eat! I was just so angry but she basically shoved it in my face and told me to eat it, saying it softly like "come on you can do it" like I was some disobedient child who wouldn't eat. So, I had to eat it. She was watching me and asked me if I finished it. Can you believe it?

-Usually when she comes in the room, I leave but she doesn't give me my privacy. I locked my bedroom door and she knocks on it every minute because she needs to come in for ...like, nothing! I'm inside the room, ipod on trying to dance and get the work out rockin and rolling. She asks why I keep locking the door and I tell her I'm exercising. She doesn't get it and I can tell by her eyes that she just thinks its rude that I keep locking the door. Um. Hi. It's MY room. I have to work out you know. I just feel like it's hard with her scrutinizing me, thinking I eat nothing and am rude and should be normal. I don't know.

Last edited by beautifulmess; 05-27-2009 at 12:37 AM.
beautifulmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Wow, your aunt sounds like something! Can you ask your mom or your dad to talk to her? You are old enough to make your own decisions on what to eat and are entitled to privacy in your own room. Also, is it possible to avoid being around her when you have already eaten and don't want more? Perhaps you can exercise outside while she is in town so she doesn't interrupt you. Good luck!
babes315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:29 AM   #3  
keto on

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

Height: 5'4"

you should just tell her like it is. you're trying to get into shape by eating healthy and exercising, and she is impeding the process. ask her nicely to let you exercise in peace, and to let you eat what you want to eat. tell her you're an adult, and she needs to stop treating you like a child.
if that doesn't work, kick her in the butt! haha
divinechaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:47 AM   #4  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

that sucks so bad I would tell her no to the food, and stick to my guns. If you give in she'll think youre not serious. And maybe stay with a friend for the two weeks if you can! Ok, so thats a bit too rude, but sorely tempting. Good luck, be strong, were here for you. Remember only you decide what you eat (as long as she doesnt force feed you in your sleep!)
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

do you see your aunt often? maybe she still thinks of you as a child because she hasn't seen you grow up. Don't give in to her making you eat food though!! You are an adult in your own right, giving in just tells her that she needs to keep telling you what to do. Simply tell her you're getting healthy and would appreciate some space. If she can't understand that and back off then she is inconsiderate indeed, ignore that!
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

btw, you HAVE to stand up for yourself, waiting it out is a silly thing to do IMO, there will ALWAYS be other people like that in your life. Might as well learn to do it now.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:53 AM   #7  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

I think you need to explain to her that you are/were definitely not in your "what's considered healthy" range by doctors and you want to live a long, healthy life free from health issues and problems. Explain to her that the majority of what we as Americans consider normal healthy food is actually not very healthy for you and your heart and body. Tell her you're doing it for the right reasons, you're not trying to starve yourself or anything like that, and you'd appreciate it if she'd support you in it.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #8  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I'm with starfish and aneleh - you have to stand up for yourself and tell her what's up.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

I agree to stand up to her - not in the heat of the moment, but in a calm and rational manner. If you need someone else to get through to her, talk to your parents so they can say something or at least keep her distracted.

And if it was me, I would get out of the house. Exercise and/or go for walks outside, go out with friends, do whatever you need to do to get away from her scrutiny for your own sanity. I personally had what I refer to as my crazy aunt living with me for a month when I was 18 and it was so unpleasant that I've completely blocked out in my mind any memory of what happened in that time. I do remember working a lot and bringing in a couple nice paycheques because of it.

Good luck. Don't let her bother you.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #10  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

You totally need to stand up for yourself on this one.. Tell her you are not a kid and it is YOUR room and she is just using it because you were being kind enough to let her use it so she would not be stuck sleeping on the couch.. Tell her like it is, if you dont it will go on forever.. I had that happen with the inlaws and finally had to tell them about it..

Best of luck to you!!
Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote