Old 05-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #1  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

Default After a long break.. I'm back and ready to do it right

Hello everyone! So I have a confession to make, I haven't signed on to here since February, and I have been eating terribly the whole time. My counter is way off, I am way too scared to step on the scale. As if summer and summer clothes weren't enough motivation for me to rethink my recent eating habits, this weekend I found out my mother is going to get married in September. I CANNOT be looking like a fatty in those wedding pictures that will be shown to everyone she and I know. Also, I am transferring to a new college I will start in fall and I would love it if I were at least at a reasonable weight by then. I need some serious motivation and encouragement, the first two weeks are always the hardest for me, because that is when I decide whether I'm really going to do it. Whether I'm really going to put in the effort or if its going to be another one day thing.

I am very happy to be back and to see that people from February are still on here going strong, as well as to see all the new comers! I am looking forward to getting to know you all and giving/getting motivation, encouragement and advice!

Last edited by DRose; 05-26-2009 at 05:34 PM.
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #2  
slowNsteady wins the race

S/C/G: 191/ticker/145

Height: 5'-4"

I say get on the scale. Get it over with. Become accountable to yourself again, however you choose to define and deal with it.

And Welcome!
rocketbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/213/130

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on taking the first step of coming here and telling everyone! I am sure you can do it!
SarahMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hop on the scale with the knowledge it is part of moving forward. No turning back. Own IT! Right now the mystery knowledge of the scale owns YOU.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back!!!
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:32 PM   #6  

Height: 5'9"

Welcome back! I was wondering where you have been. I have also done horrible the last few months, but much like you, I'm ready to put my heart and soul into it again
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back! I too went for a long time without coming here. But I have been back a couple of weeks, and have no intentions of letting myself do it again. I didn't want to see the number on the scale either, but I knew it was an important step to making the changes I need. It looks like you did great last time you were working hard to lose weight, so just remember, You can do it! Best of luck to you!
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:14 PM   #8  
I am the lorax.

S/C/G: 215/193/160

Height: 5'8"

I recently underwent the same process, I'm now 3 weeks in. I lost weight over the summer, gained a lot back, lost in january and gained it all back by may. The first few days in may I avoided the scale and took time reading and figuring out my plan. I finally weighed myself in realizing that only by doing so would I know in the end what I fully accomplished... it's just a starting weight.
moralitylikeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:01 PM   #9  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I do this, too. It was my second time... Thankfully I mostly maintain, maybe gain 5lbs back. I am just coming out of the funk and have been OP for 8 days now. If I can do it, you can!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:55 PM   #10  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

Thanks everyone for being so helpful and encouraging! I've decided I am going to step on the scale tomorrow morning. I think the biggest reason I'm scared is because I'm pretty sure I'm at the highest weight I've ever been. But I need to remind myself that its a starting point, and if I don't weigh myself now I'll never know how much I actually accomplished once I get to my goal. One thing is for sure, I am going to be super nervous when I wake up tomorrow!
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Welcome back! You'll look stunning by September.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:50 AM   #12  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5'4"

Don't worry hun, you've done the right thing by coming back here and making the decision to take control of your weight again. I've been like that too - I spend a few weeks even months just binging and feeling the waist band of my jeans get tighter and then I suddenly feel terrified to weigh myself. But do it and then promise yourself that the scales will begin to decrease as of now.

You can do it *hugs*
BeautyandtheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote