Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-25-2009, 01:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Default overate 2 nights in a row, jeez.....

UGH....

I'm not looking forward to the scale tomorrow.

Twice in 2 nights in a row, I've had arguements with a relative over the most stupid stuff--- RIGHT in the middle of eating dessert (*both times).

(*NOTE: I did get back on track this morning & afternoon on my eating-- until the 2nd flair-up happened again after dinner/into dessert again for the 2nd night in a row.)

Obviosly, I overate due to feeling pissed. But tonight, after I overate again-- I threw the crap into the garbage bin and went out for a lovely 20 minute walk over Seattle.

Then went back and watched a romantic comedy with friends.

I know I messed up BIG time and I'm woman enough to own it come the scale tomorrow morning (*monday).

I think its the stresses of arguements & eating out (even with a calorie book to help make educated caloric estimates) several days in a row for the first time after losing 133 lbs & an exercise schedule that's not consistent like in a gym.... that had me eat too much.

I do very, very much look forward to getting back on my eating/exercise routines on tuesday! *I'm following my own advice right now anyway of getting back on track by dumping the rest of the dessert into the trash & taking a walk outside in the hilly area of Seattle.*

Learning from my own mistakes, ugh. Its the self-loathing I hate afterwards from overeating that I hate. Now, I'm venting on 3fatchicks, time to move on, sigh.

~ tea

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 05-25-2009 at 01:31 AM.
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:25 AM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

TEA ~ that is definitely a trigger for me too: something about a tiff that sends me to food (especially with a family member). Good for you for recognizing this and tossing that dessert, as it was just way too handy. You have done so very well losing so much weight; maintenance is just as much a battle as losing (same temptations and struggles), so good to get a handle on this now ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:27 AM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Tea, don't beat yourself up so much. You've vome such a long way and lost an amazing amount of weight - it is human to have the odd glitch! And tiffs are definitely triggers for me too! I'm just in the fortunate position of living alone, so I don't have edible crp in the house, and too far from stores that sell it!

Well done on binning it and walking!

ps, ok just editing - I like the word 'vome' but I meant 'come'!!!!!

Last edited by Rosinante; 05-25-2009 at 06:28 AM.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:57 AM   #4  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Tea...I'm kind of worried about you. I may be reading you all wrong here but you seem like you are about to self destruct at any time. Your posts the last several days have sounded so desperate...almost like a junkie teetering on the edge. This seems like one of those prime examples of, "It's not what you're eating, but what's eating you". Look in the mirror and ask yourself..."What is it that I need right now?"

Last edited by Lori Bell; 05-25-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:12 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Beating yourself to death isn't going to help anything. You're human, things happen. It's how you deal with the setbacks that are going to define you long term. Your weekend trip is almost over, and tomorrow you'll be back in your routine and comfort zone. And if you gained a pound or two, it's ok! You'll take it off again!

The term "self-loathing" is worrisome though, you're not perfect, you can't expect yourself to be.

Last edited by bacilli; 05-25-2009 at 09:13 AM.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:26 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yup, move on. Into every single life some -hark - unplanned "episodes" will fall. You just need to dust yourself off and get back to the healthy eating. You haven't "ruined" anything or "blown anything". You haven't "screwed-up".

You don't have a diet to get back onto, because you're not on one. You're "on" a lifestyle. And slip-ups, mis-steps, blunders, blips, whatever the heck you want to call them ARE PART OF THE LIFESTLYE. They are PART OF THE JOURNEY. Therefore there is no reason to be angry with yourself It took me a while to "get that".
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Hi guys!!

I'm really am not sure why I'm acting like this since I'm not one to do this this often (be all dark & negative and feeling freaked out).

I'll be checking in with my therapist the following week about this swing mood thing.

I do know that since I've started hormonal treatment, that my TOM schedule has been changing... I was supposed to have it a week before my vacation started and I didn't. I still haven't gotten it yet, but my obgyn told me I should not have any unusual side effects from the hormonal treatments when I checked with her.

So I'm still trying to figure it out

~ tea
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote