South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 06:51 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default It's The Weekend!

A regular weekend here in Canada but a long Memorial Day one for the USA. It looks like it'll be a good one for a change. The mosquitos have arrived so now we know the season has officially begun.

A couple of things on my list today but I don't need to cook for anyone except myself! The Fair Board spaghetti dinner is tonight but I am taking my dessert over early. There is no way I am eating spaghetti, garlic bread and cheesecake! It's a menu!

Yesterday I bought lots of plants which I will start planting later. I also still need to get my porch set up for relaxation.

What's happening on your weekend?
Old 05-23-2009, 07:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth! You're a strong person....the cheesecake would be a bit of a temptation . Hope you have a great day!

I'm excited because today is my first 5K!! I'm not fast, so I'm not doing it to compete. My husband is doing the 10K instead, which I considered, but I wanted to enjoy it (only 3.1 miles) vs. anxious (6.2 miles). If it's one of those days your legs feel like lead, 6.2 would be difficult!! (besides, I didn't want him to look bad )

Otherwise, we're going to the carnival tonight (didn't last night...just hung out at home). Should be a beautiful weekend!

ENJOY!!
Old 05-23-2009, 07:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, good morning!

It's a bright sunny morning and I got a good night's sleep and am ready to face the day. We're having our Memorial Day cookout tomorrow, so we'll be getting ready for it today. Jake took the pool cover off yesterday, much to the grandkid's delight. I don't have any intentions of getting in the water yet, it's wayyyy too cold for me, that that won't stop the little ones.

The mosquitoes are out in force here, too, Ruth. I got bitten up while watering the gardens this morning. That spaghetti dinner sounds good, but deadly!

Good luck on your 5K today, Twynn!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 05-23-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:25 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm already most of the way through the first pot of coffee. The birds were very loud this morning!

Ruth - Mosquitoes and black flies are out here too. That dinner sounds deadly, avoiding it seems like the only choice. You are motivating me to do some work on my porch. We don't use it as much as we could (and the WiFi reaches, so no excuse!).

Twynn- Good luck on the marathon!! Sounds like a lovely weekend all around

Cottage - No sun here today but still nice weather. My daughter always went into the ocean at Cape Cod on Memorial Day weekend! Gotta love kids and water

I'm heading off to the Farmer's Market as soon as it opens to get my plants. There is a farm couple I always get my tomatoes from and I'll be looking for them again. Then a little grocery shopping and home to work on the garden. If it rains this afternoon I'm going to take the grill apart to see if I can get it working right again. That should be an adventure.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:28 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all have great inspirations for your weekend. It is hard to believe it will be June already.

Ruth, I like your "censored" sign. It made me smile. Good choice-something for me to remember. How hot is your weather in the summer? I'm wondering what you are planting.

Tammy, what an accomplishment running a 5 k. It must be a very wonderful feeling for you. Hope the weather is nice.

Cottage, enjoy your day. What are you taking to the bbq?

Cyndi, enjoy your Farmers Market. I hope ours start soon!!

Me, I’m undecided about today at this point. The pool isn’t an option unless I go early or want to hang out with 5000 kids. My new lasagna garden awaits(thanks, Cyndi), geneology, housework and maybe a cruise to the greenhouses later. Ahh….a plan. Not much exercise in there-maybe I’ll scope out the track in our neighborhood and do a little walking. Eating just fine and not craving the carbs. Just want to make sure-does salad count as veggies?

Lexxiss and I are heading out for coffee-the garden awaits. Its almost sunrise. Has anyone ever heard of a problem with sunflowers and tomatoes? I had alot of SF recruits this year and I just left them in and made a border for the tomatoes. Then I got to wondering if that could be a problem.

Thanks for all your support. I had another clean day yesterday.

Debbie R
Old 05-23-2009, 09:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks,
Enjoying this spell of gorgeous weather here. I just visited my garden and it says good morning too. After I drain this second cup of coffee, I'm going to get started on sanding and painting the front door. Then it's off to Annapolis for late lunch with my brother. I just realized it was commissioning week at the Naval Academy this week, so maybe not the best weekend to head down there. The graduation was yesterday, so maybe everybody will clear out before I get there, ya think? I've been away long enough to have lost the habit of planning my life around traffic events, thank heavens! We'll see what the rest of the day brings. We may hit our old favorite restaurant for late dinner, and future ex-SIL gives ghost tours there, so maybe we'll do one of those. I haven't seen her since the break-up over a year ago.
A full and (hopefully) fun day. Hope yours is as well!
Happy gardening and running!
Old 05-23-2009, 09:13 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Sounds like everyone has lovely plans for the day. Good luck Twynn running your 5k I have only done one in my lifetime just to say I did it.

It is kinda of cloudy here but I don't think it is supposed to rain. We are just going to take it easy and maybe go to the Zoo or to the movies if it does rain. DH will go down to Ribfest tonight to hear Poison but not my cup of tea.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:48 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quiet in here. I hope everyone is busy having fun on this lovely weekend.

Church this morning and then the rest of the day will be mine - unless I have drop-ins. I hope to get my patio barrel planted and even power wash it and the deck. Right now it's sprinkling a bit but is supposed to clear later. I till don't have my front porch set up for rainy days but may get to that today.

Enjoy your Sunday and long weekend if you are American. I may BBQ tonight just to help you all celebrate your first long weekend of the season.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:05 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth and weekenders yet to awaken Looks like a mixed bag here today with thunderstorms and even possible heavy rain and hail in the forecast. Yesterday it all passed us by and I'm hoping for the same today. I want to get out and get another section planted today and build the new bean tepee. Yesterday I put the first lasagna bed in. I'm going to photograph the progress because if it works well I will teach our child care gardeners the technique in the fall. If it rains it will be all indoor spring cleaning and taking that darned grill apart.

We went out for Chinese last night so I'm afraid of the scale. Ah well, time to just face it and move on with the day

ETA - Ruth I envy you your lupines. I have tried to grow those and columbine several times and they just never seem to make it here. Don't know why as they practically grow wild all over northern New England They are lovely.

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-24-2009 at 07:06 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:27 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday everyone! I look forward to hearing from you all. We had a huge downpour last night and it is still drippy. I'm so glad we got the pumpkins and zucchini planted yesterday before it started up.

Me, I'm doing the same as yesterday-geneology, gardening and of course, church this morning. No great news from this neck of the woods.

Debbie R
Old 05-24-2009, 09:45 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Today is Church and then who knows, I still need to clean the house so may tackle that today.

Yesterday was busy we ended up going to the movies then a graduation party and after that I had to tackle clogged sink in the bathroom, plus I was bit under the weather queasy stomach yesterday, but feel much better today.

Have a great day everyone
Old 05-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #12  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

morning all i'm enjoying the warm weather for our long weekend and got tons of walking in yesterday....now if i could only get my eating back on track i'd be all set. working and watching what i eat seem to be at odds with each other
Old 05-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #13  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Happy Memorial Weekend,
A porch for a rainy day sure sound lovely Ruth.
Cyndi - Looking forward to seeing pictures of your lasagna garden. Enjoy gardening.
Debbie = zucchini is so good. Cyndi will have to give us her recipe for dehydrated zucchini chips. I am dying to try them.

Pearlrose - glad you are feeling better.

me4life - nice to hear from you, sometimes its so hard to get back on track.

me - watched a great movie last night "Last Chance Harvey" and even DH enjoyed it and he isn't the type to go for that kind of movie, his have to have lots of action in them. Last of the planting this morning and then I will try to roast an organic blade roast, the friend that gave it to me bought a side and has had trouble getting a tender roast. We will see.
take care
Sophie
Old 05-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #14  
Passion Fruit!

S/C/G: 201/136.4/115

Height: 5 ft. 1 3/4 in.

good morning, ladies! Yesterday was typical Saturday stuff (cleaning, laundry, gardening), except last night we went and saw Fleetwood Mac in concert, with REALLY great seats. Had a blast!!!! They were so awesome!

This morning we are driving down to San Diego to see Star Trek with my older daughter and older grandson, and will have breakfast (late) first at my favorite breakfast place. I'll have carne asada steak and eggs....yummmmmm. No tortillas for me though, and VERY small amount of the fantastic taters. (eating mostly the grilled onions in them.) Only eating twice today (my bad) and dinner will be a healthy salad, so hopefully that will make up for the breakfast indiscretions. LOL Tomorrow, just hanging low together and grilling.

Have a GREAT rest of the weekend!

OH! Had Mrs. Dash's garlic & lemon marinade last night! Sauteed up some yellow onion first in Pam/1 tsbp. extra virgin light olive oil, while cut up raw chicken tenders (obviously the meat kind, not the frozen breaded kind) were marinating for 10 minutes, then added the chicken. WOW! It was DELICIOUS!!! Sauteed up separately for Mr. Sunnie some mushrooms for him to add to his. (I can't eat mushrooms. ) His I put over noodles, mine over a bed of fresh romaine lettuce. We both loved it and will definitely be making it a regular on the menu!!!
Old 05-24-2009, 01:26 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good afternoon, everybody! The day got away from me and I just realized I didn't post in here this morning!

Monica and Carley came out to spend the day with us yesterday, and Carley decided she was spending the night, so she's been keeping us hopping. She's been a big help with getting things ready for our big family cookout this afternoon, which should start in about an hour. I shouldn't have much trouble staying on plan except for the homemade ice cream with fresh-picked strawberries that my mom & dad are bringing.
Closed Thread